Game of Thrones Season 8 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones Season 8

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If the plan was to use Bran as bait, then why was Theon the trap? Scalitoing Theon. He was brave and all, but his "go to" move was to make a 30 yard run right at the Night King, which ended about as you would have expected it to. Bran seemed so annoyed by Theon that he basically told Theon to go kill himself.

There were a lot of options for the "trap" part of this plan. Arya, Jon, Brienne, Hound, Grey Worm, Beric, Tormund, Qhono, Jorah...all better choices than Theon.

Reaction Score
What about Dany?

Dany is going to step aside for John one way or another (maybe after being told by Varys that she is not serving the best interests of the people like Varys promised he would tell her if he felt that way instead of scheming behind her back). I put her chances of living at 50-50, and only give her that high a survival chance because she may be pregnant despite the witch's assurance that she couldn't get pregnant (John told her that the witch might not be the most reliable source about that in what could be foreshadowing).

Reaction Score
Dany is going to step aside for John one way or another (maybe after being told by Varys that she is not serving the best interests of the people like Varys promised he would tell her if he felt that way instead of scheming behind her back). I put her chances of living at 50-50, and only give her that high a survival chance because she may be pregnant despite the witch's assurance that she couldn't get pregnant (John told her that the witch might not be the most reliable source about that in what could be foreshadowing).

Great call with the Varys mention.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
They went back to their roots with episode 4 - the “game” in GOT. That was good stuff. I feel like the odds Daenerys survives are about 1 in 20 at this point.

Reaction Score
This show is getting anticlimactic. It’s like they defeated Hitler and now it’s time to set their sights on Hillary Clinton.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
How did the dragons (or Dany) not see the ships from their vantage point until it was too late? Could she have flown behind them and lit them up from behind?

No way Dany rules the 7 Kingdoms. I think Kings Landing gets wiped out, John has to kingslayer Dany at some point, and he just rules the north. 7 kingdoms are done.

Reaction Score
Dani wins. Tries to kill Jon. One of his sister/cousins kills Dani.

Varys is the next big name to go.

Reaction Score
Ummmm, you're Cersei, just fire on the dragon queen with your big ass cross bows and take her out then and there. You have no honor. You blew up the Great Sept of Baelor with Wildfire who cares about the rules of war.

Also, Dany could've probably just flew around that island and taken out all those boats from behind.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How did the dragons (or Dany) not see the ships from their vantage point until it was too late? Could she have flown behind them and lit them up from behind?

No way Dany rules the 7 Kingdoms. I think Kings Landing gets wiped out, John has to kingslayer Dany at some point, and he just rules the north. 7 kingdoms are done.

Not seeing the boats, and no one considering the fact that Euron may surprise attack someone else, is a plot hole. He already took out one fleet, and no one thought he might try it again?

From what I could find online, Qyburn's scorpions could realistically have a range of about 500 meters shooting parabolically, but the range would be maybe 1/2 or 1/3 of that shooting directly at the Dragons. The Dragon's are probably flying 200 mph, making a parabolic shot impossible and a direct shot basically miraculous.

I looked it up, and King's landing is 1,000 LEAGUES from Winterfell, which is 3,000 miles. Realistically, an army may be able to walk 20 miles in a day, which would beat the snot out of them, but possible for a while. It would take 150 days to get from Winterfell to King's Landing. Has an army ever marched that far in history? Either there was a time jump or they teleported.

My biggest problem with the episode is that Brienne would have killed Jaime on the spot once she realized he was deserting. Her duty is to Sansa, and Sansa would have wanted Jaime killed. Furthermore, there is no way Brienne would have allowed Jaime to switch sides.

I wonder if all the infighting is simply the writers' leading up to leaving us in a world where they are all still fighting at the end. I could live with that ending.

Reaction Score
Not seeing the boats, and no one considering the fact that Euron may surprise attack someone else, is a plot hole. He already took out one fleet, and no one thought he might try it again?

From what I could find online, Qyburn's scorpions could realistically have a range of about 500 meters shooting parabolically, but the range would be maybe 1/2 or 1/3 of that shooting directly at the Dragons. The Dragon's are probably flying 200 mph, making a parabolic shot impossible and a direct shot basically miraculous.

I looked it up, and King's landing is 1,000 LEAGUES from Winterfell, which is 3,000 miles. Realistically, an army may be able to walk 20 miles in a day, which would beat the snot out of them, but possible for a while. It would take 150 days to get from Winterfell to King's Landing. Has an army ever marched that far in history? Either there was a time jump or they teleported.

My biggest problem with the episode is that Brienne would have killed Jaime on the spot once she realized he was deserting. Her duty is to Sansa, and Sansa would have wanted Jaime killed. Furthermore, there is no way Brienne would have allowed Jaime to switch sides.

I wonder if all the infighting is simply the writers' leading up to leaving us in a world where they are all still fighting at the end. I could live with that ending.

No way this ends with lasting peace.

I think Jaime is going to KL to kill Cersei, not save her.

Reaction Score
If this had happened 3 seasons ago, Jaime would've stuck a dagger in her neck during her tearful goodbye.

Show has lost it's edge.

Reaction Score
I get the complaints about the time jump and how quickly the army got to King's Landing, but it was unavoidable. There's only 2 groups of people left, don't have the luxury of going to other story lines while they "travel"

Reaction Score
This episode takes suspending one's disbelief to a new plane.
Dany not seeing Euron's fleet from above, not circling behind & lighting said fleet up like so many match sticks, Arya turning down the proposal after years of going doe-eyed over Gendry.
There was some predictability: Varys showing his true colors-his allegiance has always been as predictable as the wind blowing. He is, however, correct about the secret of Jon's true identity not staying secret for long.
The key message of last night's episode was Dany's realization that Jon is the charismatic leader that the general public will rally around. She now has deep trust issues with the Starks & other leaders of her alliance. The question to be answered in the last 2 episodes is will she be able to mend fences to keep said alliance intact, or will she travel down the road of her Mad King Father to her eventual undoing.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I just have missed something. How did little finger and the dwarf find out about Jon's blood line?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I just have missed something. How did little finger and the dwarf find out about Jon's blood line?
LF is dead, assume you mean Varys? John/Bran told Sansa and Arya, Sansa told Tyrion, Tyrion told Varys.

Reaction Score
Couple of quick thoughts on the last episode:
  • Arya will try to kill Cersei with one of her "faces" like she did with Frey. Qyburn? And should be fun to see the Hound vs. his Zombie brother.
  • Davos mentioned the Lord of Light. Benioff/Weiss don't casually include references. The previous episode, Mel mentioned that Beric was brought back for a purpose. Perhaps a hint that Jon was also brought back for a purpose, may have a limited time left, and his "purpose" may be to put Dany on the throne
  • Bron vs. Euron. He's done fighting, but not killing. If he can take out that bastard, he deserves a nice castle.
  • WTF, Bran? No explanation of the Night's King demise. Not a word about everyone's plans to attack King's Landing. Disappointing episode for him.
  • Two dragons down. Were they all male? Before the two deaths, did they breed, to provide Dany more eggs?
  • Dany's biggest enemy may be Varys. The one character left behind may ultimately take the Throne - Sansa.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom