Game of Thrones Season 8 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones Season 8

Reaction Score
I posted a fan theory just above. I'm interested to hear if the showrunners will confirm it or not. It's a plausible theory.

While I appreciate the time & effort put in by whoever came up with that fan theory, it’s pretty easily debunked by the fact that due to her training, Arya seems capable of sneaking away from or up on whomever she wants, whenever she wants. Don’t think what he did had any influence on what Arya was in the middle of doing.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
While I appreciate the time & effort put in by whoever came up with that fan theory, it’s pretty easily debunked by the fact that due to her training, Arya seems capable of sneaking away from or up on whomever she wants, whenever she wants. Don’t think what he did had any influence on what Arya was in the middle of doing.

I'd doubt that training factors in a dragon though. Who knows their powers of observation? They do things like recognizing targaryen blood after all.

I don't think she could sneak up on a direwolf either. It would smell her. It's not like she's a god.

Again, I'm hoping the showrunners comment on this, whether to confirm or deny.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Hot theory of the week is Sansa killing Cersei. Arya got the big kill she'd worked for in the Night King. No way they let her get both the big kills (and the schtupping of Gendry) this season.

Lots of plausible past scenes lead to it. Sansa gets the dagger from Arya. Prior mental abuse by Cersei when she was married to Joff. Saying she "learned a lot" from Cersei, assuming on how to be ruthless and cunning. Knowing her "brother" Jon is the rightful heir to that throne.

Can we set up a live feed into Casa de ADub for the next 3 episodes?

I'm still going with Jaime.

At the very least, he's going to begrudgingly condone it.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Any shot Yara (or someone else) is off rounding up forces from Dorne? They hate the Lannisters.

They will need all the forces willing to join solely due to how poorly Dany manages using her dragons. I mean why land in the middle of a bunch of wights? Just hover and dracarys their asses. I guess they needed to set up Jorah's dramatic death somehow.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Hot theory of the week is Sansa killing Cersei. Arya got the big kill she'd worked for in the Night King. No way they let her get both the big kills (and the schtupping of Gendry) this season.

Lots of plausible past scenes lead to it. Sansa gets the dagger from Arya. Prior mental abuse by Cersei when she was married to Joff. Saying she "learned a lot" from Cersei, assuming on how to be ruthless and cunning. Knowing her "brother" Jon is the rightful heir to that throne.

Can we set up a live feed into Casa de ADub for the next 3 episodes?
I could see it.Time for Sansa to put in some work and get her hands dirty. I just can’t see her doing it in a battle scenario. I could see it being done as an execution like the littlefinger
Killing, etc.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am not getting too worked up about the Night King's plan or his magic since magic kind of messes up plots anyway. Melisandre was pretty important in that last battle, which means her magic is pretty good despite the fact that she is a total dipscalito that has stumbled from screwup to screwup throughout the entire series.

As it relates to the Night King, if you think about the complexity of managing an army of 100,000 mindless wights, who speak multiple languages and are even multiple species, I am not sure why his network didn't just crash.

I think Bronn made a comment in Season 2 before the Battle of the Blackwaterr that he thought plenty of the Gold Cloaks were willing to kill for the King, but he didn't think too many of them were willing to die for the King. We may see that at some point with the Golden Company.

I think the Hound and Arya are going to go after the Mountain together, and it won't be pretty for any of them. I think it will be a scene that will make the brutality of Brienne/Hound or Tormund/Umber look like ballet.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Martin borrows heavily from English history in Game of Thrones. The war between the Starks and Lannisters is based on the War of the Roses between the Houses of York and Lancaster. There are events in Scottish history like the Red Wedding that set up blood feuds for generations between clans. Cersei is based on a combination of several women, including Margaret of Anjou and Isabella of France (the queen in Braveheart who in real life was an arch beeatch that had her husband killed).

There is a period in English history that may provide an inkling of where the show is going for the final 3 episodes. In September 1066, the English king Harold Godwinson defeated the Norwegians (Vikings) for the final time at the Battle of Stamford Bridge, ending three centuries of what was effectively Viking terror of the British Isles. This would have been considered one of the most important battles in British history if not for the fact that three weeks later Godwinson was defeated and killed at the Battle of Hastings, which effectively ended Anglo-Saxon rule in England. If you want to look for parallels in Game of Thrones, the Battle of Winterfell could be considered similar to the Battle of Stamford Bridge.

Reaction Score
Watched episode 3 again last night. Jon did yell "Gooooo!" to someone before standing up to the ice dragon one last time. I really hope there is a quick little scene next week that show's how Arya was able to get to the Night King since he was surrounded by the dead and the Wights. She did sneak up on Jon in the same location a few episodes back as well.

Reaction Score
They will need all the forces willing to join solely due to how poorly Dany manages using her dragons. I mean why land in the middle of a bunch of wights? Just hover and dracarys their asses. I guess they needed to set up Jorah's dramatic death somehow.
I thought it was fairly obvious she landed so Jon/Aegon could try to hop on. I think she was trying to be heroic and save Jon, but she didn't really think it through...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Watched episode 3 again last night. Jon did yell "Gooooo!" to someone before standing up to the ice dragon one last time. I really hope there is a quick little scene next week that show's how Arya was able to get to the Night King since he was surrounded by the dead and the Wights. She did sneak up on Jon in the same location a few episodes back as well.

Jon and Arya had been apart the whole battle. I don't think he had any idea where Arya was. It is more likely he was trying to get to Bran himself than that he was trying to distract the ice dragon for Arya.

There is no point trying to rehabilitate Jon Snow. He is an honorable man that is good at one thing: killing in battle. He sucks at pretty much everything else. He is like his uncle Ned in that regard.

Reaction Score
I am not getting too worked up about the Night King's plan or his magic since magic kind of messes up plots anyway. Melisandre was pretty important in that last battle, which means her magic is pretty good despite the fact that she is a total dipscalito that has stumbled from screwup to screwup throughout the entire series.

I'm not so sure she screwed up throughout the series. She never professed to really know anything and did what she did through the Lord of Light. Until this episode, we all just thought there was no LoL and now we know there is one. And all the moves she made (burning Stannis' daughter, raising Beric D, raising Jon) all led them to this spot they're at now. I think one could actually argue she is one of the most important characters in the series.

As it relates to the Night King, if you think about the complexity of managing an army of 100,000 mindless wights, who speak multiple languages and are even multiple species, I am not sure why his network didn't just crash.

Speak multiple languages? The NK, WW's or any of the wights never uttered a single word.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I'm not so sure she screwed up throughout the series. She never professed to really know anything and did what she did through the Lord of Light. Until this episode, we all just thought there was no LoL and now we know there is one. And all the moves she made (burning Stannis' daughter, raising Beric D, raising Jon) all led them to this spot they're at now. I think one could actually argue she is one of the most important characters in the series.

Speak multiple languages? The NK, WW's or any of the wights never uttered a single word.
I think this was referencing the people killed, and were subsequently risen, spoke different languages. FWIW, the white walkers have a language in the books that is described as being "unutterable" i believe.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think this was referencing the people killed, and were subsequently risen, spoke different languages. FWIW, the white walkers have a language in the books that is described as being "unutterable" i believe.

fancy way of saying mentally connected. not expressed aurally.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

That is the white walkers. It is not clear whether the wights have any independent abilities or are just part of some borg-type network run by the Night King. I was simply referencing the networking challenge of roughly 100,000 separate entities having to respond to their individual immediate environment yet being centrally controlled, and all of it being done wirelessly. That would be a fairly sophisticated network.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Winterfell must stink. How do you get a dead dragon out of the courtyard?

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
fancy way of saying mentally connected. not expressed aurally.
I'm pretty sure Weymar Royce says he hears them speaking, but the language they were speaking was something he couldn't understand or say himself. idk I'd have to go back and double check.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
That is the white walkers. It is not clear whether the wights have any independent abilities or are just part of some borg-type network run by the Night King. I was simply referencing the networking challenge of roughly 100,000 separate entities having to respond to their individual immediate environment yet being centrally controlled, and all of it being done wirelessly. That would be a fairly sophisticated network.

The fact that killing him kills them 100% confirms that this is how it works as far as I'm concerned. Very much like the Borg. Now there could be transmission distance issues however, so if there is some wight back behind the wall, perhaps they would survive.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been discussed, but does anyone else think the Night King isn't dead? He jumped into either Arya, Bronn, or that witch ladies body.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been discussed, but does anyone else think the Night King isn't dead? He jumped into either Arya, Bronn, or that witch ladies body.

He sleeps with the fishes now.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

All the other dead died. I think he's dead. I don't think he's a body snatcher.

Reaction Score
Completely disappointed in this episode. Way too dark. I get that it's night and you want to express the fog of war, but at least let me see who is fighting who. Having 30+ minutes of soldiers charging into soldiers with no idea who is who was ridiculous.

Totally not GOATs to have nobody really important die in such an epic battle which was ridiculous. I wonder if most of the main character have clauses in their contracts not to die before the final or penultimate episode.

While I'm not surprised at all that killing the Knight King would end the battle, they could have done that way better.

I'm not even going to bother with Arya being able to kill one after another on the ramparts while she had her weapon and others had trouble with one or two at a time.

I just can't believe they got done shooting this episode and thought - 'yeah, we nailed it.'

How do you build up to all this and end it in such a ridiculous episode.

Skip one of the build up episodes and make the battle a couple episodes and add some interest.

I think HBO has a need to end this wrapped up and happy as possible to make the show like every other show. Happy endings.

Should have been so much better.

I'll get off the porch now.

Bad take

Reaction Score
Sansa is being set up to become Queen of the North. It's almost a foregone conclusion now. John takes the Iron Throne and grants the North its independence.

"What about the North"?

What about Dany?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom