Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Time: 7 p.m.
TV: SEC Network (Watch ESPN)
Radio: The River 105.9 FM
Series: UConn leads, 5-2
Last meeting: No. 2 UConn 80, Vanderbilt 42 in Uncasville, Nov. 17, 2018

After a somewhat uninspiring start to the season on Sunday, No. 4 UConn (1-0) heads on its first road trip of the season, where it will face Vanderbilt (2-0) Wednesday evening in Crystal Dangerfield’s homecoming game. Vanderbilt is also the former home of UConn assistant coach Jasmine Lister, who was a four-year starter for the Commodores from 2010-14. Vanderbilt, which was picked to finish last in the talent-packed SEC, earned a pair of wins last week over Jacksonville State and Radford. The game will serve as a final tune-up before the Huskies take on Temple this Sunday in an unusually early conference game.

Vanderbilt probable starters:
Jordyn Cambridge,; G, 5-9, So.; Autumn Newby, F, 6-2, Jr.; Mariela Fasoula, F, 6-5, R-Sr; Brinae Alexander, F, 5-10, So.; Chelsie Hall, G, 5-7, Jr.

UConn probable starters:
Olivia Nelson-Ododa, F, 6-5, So.; Anna Makurat, G, 6-1, Fr. Crystal Dangerfield, G, 5-5, Sr.; Megan Walker, F, 6-1, Jr.; Christyn Williams, G, 5-11, So.

The Huskies’ “core four” of Dangerfield, Walker, Williams and Nelson-Ododa accounted for 70 of the team’s 72 points in their season opener against Cal, with Williams leading the way with 24. The team will look to establish a better offensive flow and get freshmen Makurat and Aubrey Griffin more involved.

Coach Geno Auriemma wasn’t too displeased with UConn’s defensive outing Sunday afternoon, in which the team held Cal to 35 percent shooting from the field, forced 15 turnovers and blocked six shots. But the Huskies will need to be better on the glass, especially on defense, as UConn gave up 13 offensive rebounds last game.

Vanderbilt Roster

Last edited:

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Game should be on the SEC channel
As noted in the Original Post.
And I believe will be streamed on the ESPN app.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Pregame notes from the Vandy side

“It’s really exciting to play UConn. We’re really excited about this game,” Vanderbilt redshirt senior Mariella Fasoula said. “We’re hyped-up, we’re excited to play together against a team that we know is going to be a challenge. Obviously we know that they’re one of the best team’s in the country, but we’re going to go out there and give ourselves an opportunity to win and play with them and play tough and play aggressive.

“We’re a completely different group this year so we’re just excited to go out there and play and do what we do.”

Reaction Score
I believe this game is only in SEC network, not in ESPN or ESPN3, ESPN+.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

That appears to be correct. This game is listed on WATCH ESPN through the SEC Network.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
That appears to be correct. This game is listed on WATCH ESPN through the SEC Network.
If you access the ESPN app and the Watch link, the show that is currently viewing on the SEC Network IS available for viewing. I am expecting the same to be true at 7PM tonight.
Remember, the SEC Network (and the ACC Network) is owned by ESPN. So why would they exclude it from their streaming app? (Besides the fact that it is ESPN.)
The only thing that I don't know about viewing anywhere are the SECN+ and ACCN+ "Extra" channels.

Reaction Score

I went on ESPN+ and found a reference to tonight's UConn game. My guess is that it will be available on ESPN+.

Reaction Score
I went on ESPN+ and found a reference to tonight's UConn game. My guess is that it will be available on ESPN+.
Ditto here. However, when I went to the ESPN+ on-line programming for the 7 o,clock hour tonight they show 'women's basketball - teams TBD'. So I guess we won't know for sure until we know for sure. Head bang

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ditto here. However, when I went to the ESPN+ on-line programming for the 7 o,clock hour tonight they show 'women's basketball - teams TBD'. So I guess we won't know for sure until we know for sure. Head bang

That is what is coming up on my spectrum SEC channel. I would not read anything into it other than that they are clueless.

Reaction Score
My SEC xfinity channel says: Repeat (from 2009) Women's CBB. TBD.
The ESPN app shows the game at 7pm. I am an ESPN+ subscriber.

BlueDolphin

Playful Mammal
Reaction Score
Recently discovered that I have SEC channel on Optimum channel 246. Dunno when they added it. Optimum guide shows women's basketball at 7 PM, but teams are TBA. So I guess I won't know either until I tune it in at 7. :confused:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Recently discovered that I have SEC channel on Optimum channel 246. Dunno when they added it. Optimum guide shows women's basketball at 7 PM, but teams are TBA. So I guess I won't know either until I tune it in at 7. :confused:

as I said, same for Spectrum. No worries. They have the place holder.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
The same thing on YouTube TV, Teams TBA.

Reaction Score
Thanks for that tip!!

Reaction Score
Also BTN on channel 247, and ACC on 248. If you're a fan of P5 sports, they got us covered.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
On the Watch link of the ESPN app, for upcoming events, tonight's game is listed as being on SECN, which is their way of saying the "SEC Network".
And it should also be streaming on ESPN3.
The SEC Network is also listed on the UConn WBB Facebook page

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Time: 7 p.m.
TV: SEC Network (Watch ESPN)
Radio: The River 105.9 FM
Series: UConn leads, 5-2
Last meeting: No. 2 UConn 80, Vanderbilt 42 in Uncasville, Nov. 17, 2018

After a somewhat uninspiring start to the season on Sunday, No. 4 UConn (1-0) heads on its first road trip of the season, where it will face Vanderbilt (2-0) Wednesday evening in Crystal Dangerfield’s homecoming game. Vanderbilt is also the former home of UConn assistant coach Jasmine Lister, who was a four-year starter for the Commodores from 2010-14. Vanderbilt, which was picked to finish last in the talent-packed SEC, earned a pair of wins last week over Jacksonville State and Radford. The game will serve as a final tune-up before the Huskies take on Temple this Sunday in an unusually early conference game.

Vanderbilt probable starters:
Jordyn Cambridge,; G, 5-9, So.; Autumn Newby, F, 6-2, Jr.; LeaLea Carter, G, 5-11, Sr. Fasoula, F, 6-5, R-Sr; Brinae Alexander, F, 5-10, So.; Chelsie Hall, G, 5-7, Jr.

UConn probable starters:
Olivia Nelson-Ododa, F, 6-5, So.; Kyla Irwin, F, 6-2, Sr.; Anna Makurat, G, 6-1, Fr. Crystal Dangerfield, G, 5-5, Sr.; Megan Walker, F, 6-1, Jr.; Christyn Williams, G, 5-11, So.

The Huskies’ “core four” of Dangerfield, Walker, Williams and Nelson-Ododa accounted for 70 of the team’s 72 points in their season opener against Cal, with Williams leading the way with 24. The team will look to establish a better offensive flow and get freshmen Makurat and Aubrey Griffin more involved.

Coach Geno Auriemma wasn’t too displeased with UConn’s defensive outing Sunday afternoon, in which the team held Cal to 35 percent shooting from the field, forced 15 turnovers and blocked six shots. But the Huskies will need to be better on the glass, especially on defense, as UConn gave up 13 offensive rebounds last game.

Vanderbilt Roster
A lot of time was spent last season complaining(rightly so) about a lack of offensive flow. With a rather experienced and talented group I don't think they ever got to a point of consistency. And a lot of time was spent last season discussing the growing pains that this year's team would have to go thru, with much less experience and talent. So rather surprising to me that so many were critical of the team in their very first game together as a really new unit. I rather enjoyed watching them. Some nice back door cuts; some very good passing by a much more aggressive Olivia; Walker showing a lot more confidence, with little hesitation to take her shot and driving to the hoop; and Williams will be the best soph in the country. Now if Dangerfield will penetrate more and hike up threes less, I think they will be a pretty good group second half of the season. But, really, give them some time together before...…..

Reaction Score
Just checked and I get SECHD on ch 246 optimum in nj. Says Womens college basketball teams TBA

Reaction Score
I went to ESPN+ and cannot watch the game:
User not Authorized Error.

Reaction Score
If anyone has DirectTV, it’s on channel 611. I think Tony said it’s on channel 246 on Optimum

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom