Game Night - UConn hosts South Carolina 7:00pm | The Boneyard

Game Night - UConn hosts South Carolina 7:00pm

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn women vs. South Carolina: time, how to watch, preview

"As the regular season winds down, UConn is preparing to face one final nonconference opponent — and it’s a big one. The No. 5 Huskies will take on No. 12 South Carolina on Monday night in their final top-15 matchup of the season. UConn has faced three other top-15 teams, beating Notre Dame and falling to Baylor and Louisville. The difference is that this time they’ll be at home, in front of what figures to be a raucous Hartford crowd."

Here’s everything you need to know about Monday’s game:
Site:
XL Center, Hartford
Day/time: Monday, 7 p.m.
Series: UConn leads, 7-0
Last meeting: March 26, 2018
TV: ESPN2
Radio: 97.9 ESPN

"Key to the game: Keeping the offensive momentum the Huskies have built in the past two games and avoiding offensive lulls."

South Carolina Roster

[LINK]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Need to watch the 3-pt line. UConn ranks 305th in the nation in opponents' 3-point percentage.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Need to watch the 3-pt line. UConn ranks 305th in the nation in opponents' 3-point percentage.

They CANNOT allow another 14 3's like they did against Temple. :(

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“You got to continue to play them. I don’t think we’re far off (from winning),” Staley said. “It’s a notch in our belt. It isn’t anything more than that.”

Nice going Dawn. I hope that quote is up in our locker room today.

South Carolina resumes series with Connecticut

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Opponents are shooting 28% on 3-pointers. No way that is 309th. If the ranking is % of opponent shots that are 3-pointers then I believe it.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Opponents are shooting 28% on 3-pointers. No way that is 309th. If the ranking is % of opponent shots that are 3-pointers than I believe it.

You're right, it's the rate I was looking at.

One stat that is interesting, however, is that they are 321st in % of points allowed on threes. I don't know if that's because they pack it in due to lack of height, or just struggles with perimeter defense.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am excited for this game. Should be a great atmosphere :)
You really need to find another Avitar as I keep confusing you with Triad- he did first! Can’t you find a photo of Fargas and puta red “X” over it as you’re meme, then I could completely endorse you! :D

Reaction Score
You really need to find another Avitar as I keep confusing you with Triad- he did first! Can’t you find a photo of Fargas and puta red “X” over it as you’re meme, then I could completely endorse you! :D

Does this work?

Reaction Score
In this game in particular i think the bench can be very useful.So.Carolina has a bunch of good rebounding bigs and speedy guards that can be tiring to play against.The starting five will need a couple of minutes of sitting here and there to be at maximum efficiency.Bent and coombs are pretty good defenders to come in for just a couple of minutes every so often.Hopefully Camara can be used momentarily throughout the game and not just at garbage time.I expect Ono will be super fired up and be even better than she was at N.D.This could be a game that defines who Uconn can be going forward.There won't be any other tests quite like this until maybe the third round of the ncaa tourney.Go sleddogettes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom