Game Experience Thoughts... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Experience Thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
And just like that, the atmosphere at Lane Stadium has been deflated. Geez, OSU is a runaway train.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And just like that, the atmosphere at Lane Stadium has been deflated. Geez, OSU is a runaway train.

Yeah I hate Ohio State but this is a pretty damn good team. Fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Wasn't expecting the free programs. Nice touch. Better than spending 5-8 bucks for one and useful with the lack of scoreboard info and replays.

Also I had no cell data (Att). Decent bars LTE data indicator. Wanted to check ESPN and the official BY game thread. page would not load.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wasn't expecting the free programs. Nice touch. Better than spending 5-8 bucks for one and useful with the lack of scoreboard info and replays.

Also I had no cell data (Att). Decent bars LTE data indicator. Wanted to check ESPN and the official BY game thread. page would not load.

Yeah my phone wouldn't do anything until the second half when it cleared out some.

It is usually slow, but never that bad.

Reaction Score
Yeah my phone wouldn't do anything until the second half when it cleared out some.

Data capacity is important. We were supposed to tweet pictures and quiz answers. Forget it. Also getting the word out to friends about the game is important to help generate enthusiasm.

Reaction Score

Not sure I ever paid for a program @ the Rent?

Two phones (don't ask) -- ATT sucked, Verizon no issue @ all.

Reaction Score
They don't show every single play on replay - random, irritating at best.

Coming in from Rte 2/Main St. you don't know where to go unless you have been there. You need to take a right at the light and nothing there to advise. Same as the USMNT Game and people avoid the Rent due to no signs. LAZ incompetent here. Too many orange cones (see Jim Hathaway) and nobody telling you where to go. Maybe shop at Cabelas?

Scoreboard set up is different. Too small. No score shown on main scoreboard. Only downs etc.

No kissing cam.

Nice F-15 theme.

Many fans in their seats at the end - not bad.

So far worse than last year.

Reaction Score

In past seasons, I always had problems with cell connection on the press box side. Now that I'm in the endzone I had no problems. A little slower than usual, but I was able to check scores and the such with no problems.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Well at least the barking husky "pack" of dogs are back on some of the 3rd downs... Hahaha

And why the hell haven't they done a intro video since the PP era? Or did I miss something?

Reaction Score
In past seasons, I always had problems with cell connection on the press box side. Now that I'm in the endzone I had no problems. A little slower than usual, but I was able to check scores and the such with no problems.

I leave my phone in the car when I attend games. Then most likely person to call me would be my boss or my wife. They are not one in the same. lol

Reaction Score
No mistaking the event staff this season. In the past, some wore tennis ball green tees, others were adorned with white with blue lettering. This season all event staff, be they security or parking attendants are wearing yellow golf shirts with black trim that clearly say Event Staff.
Season ticket holder hat: They had on file that I've been a season ticket holder since 2000 & gave me a 2000 hat. In actuality, I've been a season ticket holder since Lew Perkins made the announcement that UConn would be moving up to 1-A from 1-AA circa 1995. Maybe their records only go back to when UConn's first season as 1-a. In any event, I gave the hat to my friend who has been along for the ride since Day-1 as he just became a grandfather for the first time this week.
-Note to event management: Please return the score & game clock back to the bottom of the Jumbotron. That is all,
-Didn't miss Subway, Dunkin Donuts, whatever husky helmet shuffle game on the jumbotron not happening. If it did, I completely missed it.
-Out of town scores; With the plethora of opening night games, the UConn decision to only show AAC scores (FIU vs. UCF) is completely annoying & disingenuous. We are COLLEGE FOOTBALL FANS. To pretend that the rest of the college landscape doesn't exist is myopic.
- "Connecticut law-One beer per person." On signage at all kiosks. I actually found this comical. The beer kiosks are staffed by volunteers, not employees. Eg. East Hartford Lions Club, various towns youth sports, etc. I went with one of the guys to the Guinness kiosk for a black & tan. I then proceeded to a Coors Light kiosk to get a beer for the Mrs., not having noticed this new addition to the signage. When I asked for a Coors Light, the response from the volunteer was " I can't sell you one because you have a beer in your hand." I decided to have some fun with her & responded back "BUT I didn't buy it here!" She got all huffy & said "I'm sorry sir, BUT, I can't make an exception & risk losing my job!" She's an unpaid volunteer, not a paid employee. Had my buddy hold my beer, came back & bought the Silver Bullet.

I had the same experience with politically correct beer transactions! Rediculous! So if you want to buy a beer for your buddy, he's got to come with you.

Reaction Score
Well at least the barking husky "pack" of dogs are back on some of the 3rd downs... Hahaha

And why the hell haven't they done a intro video since the PP era? Or did I miss something?

they did have one, you must have missed it

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Our fanbase, except for the Michigan game, has quite a reputation for getting to their seats well after the teams enter the field.
I'm sure I'm one of those people who arrives seconds before kickoff. But that day I wanted to be in on time and see the eagle and the flyover. Still missed it. The combined ticket taker/contraband checker in my line was the slowest human on the face of the planet. He was so thorough that he asked my friend to pull the chapstick out of his pocket. Sadly I was still in line when -15s flew over. They do need to have separate people looking for contraband and taking tickets. That really slowed down my entrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom