Game Day today (noon) whatcha lookin for from the team? | The Boneyard

Game Day today (noon) whatcha lookin for from the team?

Reaction Score
We're coming off a bad loss with mediocre performances and some head scratching coaching. I want to see if Hurley provides more playing time with Sanogo and Akok. Whaley fouling less would also be nice. I also want to see a facilitator emerge, its January and we are becoming 'who we are'. So rotations, performances, production and chemistry should be near finished (with or without Bouk). Just saying Hurley's experimentations and trials should be minimized, he knows what he has.

I'll keep it simple but those areas I want to see improvement. But facilitator is key for me.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
40 minutes of focus. No extended scoring lapses. Limit wide open looks. Feed the post. Hit FTs. Get rebounds. Need Whaley to be a spark. He tends to play better on the road.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I'm hoping that when we have the ball, the ball goes in the hoop. And when the other team has the ball, it doesn't go in the hoop, and sometimes they just give the ball to us. And no whistles. Whistles are bad. Unless the whistle is because the other team did a no-no. Then whistles are good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd like to see UConn properly use the big players that we recruited. Why recruit multiple big players if you want to play small ball? During game vs. ST. Johns Adama was our best option while on floor, let's leave him on the floor and see how it goes. Same goes for Akok, give him a chance.
At least give them the same opportunities that Adams, Cole and Martin seem to get while still making mistakes.

Reaction Score
A win. That’s it. I don’t care how it’s done . They need a win to counteract the STJ loss

Reaction Score
Better defense than vs the Johnnies. Much more help on D also it was horrid last game. More focus on keeping Bishop off the offensive boards and guarding him. If they spread and eat us up I’d like to see some adjustment.

Sanogo stay out of foul trouble and throw it into him more. Play big let them adjust.

Zegs just came back last game vs us so he may be of more impact than the first one so Cole or Adams will need to guard him tight.

Polley making shots will be huge but they can’t expect him to get open and create himself. Run more plays that enable him to catch and shoot off the screen.

Scared!

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I want to see the team establish and control the pace better than they have. Too much passing around the perimeter with no penetration needs to end. Their defense has been good just need to stay focused for the entire game.

Reaction Score
We need a W. Need a win over a ranked opponent.

If we hit free throws, keep turnovers low, and can hit some threes and a decent shooting percentage (e.g. the front of the rim is not our goal and freebie layups do go in) there is no reason why we can't win.

Let's gooooo!!!!

Reaction Score
no straight line drives to the basket which has killed us all season. and hit your $#@!!*&%$ free throws

Reaction Score
I think this will be a tough game to win with a good, hungry Creighton team coming off 2 straight losses and the good guys still shorthanded.

Reaction Score
I think if we can hit our bunnies + FTs we’ll win... I just want to see that, maybe a couple dunks, and an offense with rhythm, ball movement, and tempo. Defense rebounding has to stay the same

Reaction Score
Creighton -8, so I'm definitely looking for us to cover that spread.

Reaction Score
Just saw Akok won’t play at all. Some shin issue

Reaction Score
Just saw Akok won’t play at all. Some shin issue
i havent been on here daily, I was wondering why akok akok wasnt playing ( contributing more) apologies if this has been discussed. was hoping upon his return he would fill some production void left by bouknight ( energy , rebounds, scoring and above all BLOCKS). I havent seen it. understand hes returning from injury , but if not ready then rest may be the better option.... I thought initially, he was playing into shape... any word or rumors ( or just slow to bounce back from achilles ) ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom