Game day thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Game day thread

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The game turned because of Jalen Adams. Like I said if Jalen handles the ball 90% of the time as the lead guard with ball in his hands, we will win and look good. No knock on Gilbert, but Adams needs to handle the ball almost all the time for us to be good.

Gilbert needs to learn to play off the ball mostly.

This is true. He needs to dominate the ball.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Kick Ollie loose, win or lose. Playing it this close this late is not to be tolerated.

What would it take in your eyes to fire him?

Obviously not tonight win or lose but longer term.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The game turned because of Jalen Adams. Like I said if Jalen handles the ball 90% of the time as the lead guard with ball in his hands, we will win and look good. No knock on Gilbert, but Adams needs to handle the ball almost all the time for us to be good.

Gilbert needs to learn to play off the ball mostly.

We as a fanbase are collectively depending on you to resurrect the program. Please tell me you will be sending in your resume tomorrow afternoon after the vacancy is announced.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What would it take in your eyes to fire him?

Obviously not tonight win or lose but longer term.

Who do you want to replace him with?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
People, Kevin Ollie's coaching didn't just magically improve over the last four minutes of the game. Sometimes, it's on the players.

The players finally brought the energy and they found out that they are the much better team. Hopefully they remember tonight throughout the season...

Reaction Score
People, Kevin Ollie's coaching didn't just magically improve over the last four minutes of the game. Sometimes, it's on the players.

The players finally brought the energy and they found out that they are the much better team. Hopefully they remember tonight throughout the season...
adams also moved on ball and blew up. that's not coaching?

Reaction Score
Hey, they could have folded, so props there. I don't think KO is an execution focused, small details oriented coach. So many sloppy plays, no discipline, inconsistent effort.

Reaction Score
Great Coaching move by Ollie. "Jalen, go score". He should have told hi that at the start. Hey, a win is win.

Reaction Score

I haven’t seen anything of a creative offense for as long as I can remember. We have the personnel to have some unique plays, he just hasn’t incorporated anything, apparently.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
adams also moved on ball and blew up. that's not coaching?

It's not coaching when he's taking bad shots, or when vital is taking bad shots 5 seconds into the shot clock, our when Larrier for into foul trouble...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Great answer.

Everything is fine.

No, everything is horrible. He needs to go now.

Yale, Wagner, Northeastern, ECU, very nearly Stony Brook, nearly BU, Colgate came within a basket late on Friday...

Reaction Score
If that gets in to Jalen’s head, that everything goes through him and that it’s always on him to take over and win games, we won’t be caring about him beating Stony Brook for us later this season; will cause several mind-numbing losses with his decision-making

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score

Very true, sometimes it's on the players; however, when coaching college ball the roster is fluid. When you see the same traits, the same offensive ineptitudes, year after year, player after player, most of the blame must fall on the coaching staff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom