Game Day! St. John's at Gampel at 3:00 pm. (Wear pink!) | The Boneyard

Game Day! St. John's at Gampel at 3:00 pm. (Wear pink!)

Reaction Score
Play 4Kay Day. St. John's is not a big team so look for Aaliyah, if she stays out of foul trouble, to dominate underneath and look for Ice to have a strong game as well especially in a high-low game when both she and Liyah are in. Nika will try to give Drake fits again, although they will likely run many more screens to get her open. Important that Nika keeps the offense up too and the fouls down. Speaking of offense, 18 shots would be great from Paige with an early flourish needed. As for KK and Ash, some smart, fundamentally sound basketball and hopefully some extended minutes for Q with also minutes for Ines and Amari. We have to get something going now for March so this is a good place to draw a line on the scorecard and begin again for all 40 minutes in a game. Even though the last 20 minutes at Nova were arguably really good, a full 40 is very much better. You agree?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
5534A244-B0C2-4D58-B9B2-C1DC03F5862D.jpeg

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Im looking for our defense to stop guard penetration. Also forcing guards to go to their weak side and not their dominate side. Alot of teams are having that same problem thus guards scoring alot of easy baskets. I am also looking for Paige to get more involved scoring and improvement from Nika KK and Ash with pull up jumpers. Many teams have problems stopping good guard play. We have 4 starting. We need to make it difficult for opponents to stay with us.

Reaction Score
Im looking for our defense to stop guard penetration. Also forcing guards to go to their weak side and not their dominate side. Alot of teams are having that same problem thus guards scoring alot of easy baskets. I am also looking for Paige to get more involved scoring and improvement from Nika KK and Ash with pull up jumpers. Many teams have problems stopping good guard play. We have 4 starting. We need to make it difficult for opponents to stay with us.
Here is my way of watching this UCONN team; I am looking for meaningful player improvements. We know what we can expect from Paige, Edwards and Nikka. Yes, it can vary, but we know, in general, what to expect. The wild cards are the other four players. Do we see KK or ASH score twenty, while still playing excellent defense? Does ICE suddenly earn a double double? Or does Q hit four threes in a row ? The freshmen all have a much higher ceiling than we have so far seen. So when will their improvement begin to emerge, and and how? Maybe we see a signal from one player today? It may happen slowly or suddenly. If this game proceeds as expected, it may be difficult to see. But that's what makes each game exciting. Go Ladies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom