Game Day! NOON today on Fox (regular TV channel) | The Boneyard

Game Day! NOON today on Fox (regular TV channel)

Reaction Score
Tip off at noon at the XL. On Fox so we all should be able to see it. We really have to now tighten everything up and start rolling even more than before because this is the last lap. We have 2 All Americans on this team, and for us to go far we have to get them the ball regularly, in the right place, and they have to shoot it without hesitation when they have a good shot. Ash is the 3rd scorer and she has the luxury of letting the game come to her unlike Paige and Aaliyah who have to create. It's a great position for her to be in. Defense has to double down, and turn turnovers into easy buckets and Nika has to think outside the box not just as a floor player and distributor but also as another offensive threat. KK has to be more selective on her drives, a difficult task because her speed is so overwhelming, but she is getting there. Ice has turned the corner big time. she is finally in game shape, more confident and knows what she is doing out there and it shows. Q has become more team oriented and when she shoots and drives in the flow of the offense good things happen. Time to really kick it into that last gear and rock and roll.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I have posted this on other threads, so... I think that Ice feels more comfortable when she comes into the game and she is no longer being called for fouls for breathing on the player she's guarding. Earlier in the season, she was visibly upset by these calls but now that it appears that when she is not being called for these fouls, she is more comfortable and playing better.
I also think that the refs have an impact on how we play. Against Georgetown when only 1 foul was called on us in the first half, we were playing very well. But after the refs saw the first half stats, they came out blowing their whistles, against both teams, and our offense suffered. The 3rd and 4th quarter are not the time that any team should be adjusting to how the game is being called.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Regarding Q: I know we have touted her trey-shooting during the season....and her willingness to
fire them up when given some room.
I wonder what Q's season-long trey percentage is. I know she got off to a hot start...but my sense is for most of the
season she is shaky from that range.

So: during the last game I thought her best play was a very smooth/gliding/2 or 3 bounce move to the basket
from the left wing. Approaching the basket...as the defense rolled to her...she made a beautiful bounce pass to
Aaliyah for a wide-open lay-up. Hope to see more of that to earn more minutes. The NEW ICE and Q can
be keys to close the season strong and make a serious run in The Dance....not just .providing the starters
with 'rest' but being effective against any team we face....elite or not.

Will be great for Q to watch Aubrey next year...the more she can do her own version of Griffin the better...imo.

Just checked: Q has a 35% trey percentage...pretty decent. Foul shooting percentage is under 50%..that makes
me wonder more than a bit about the consistency facing the basket.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Regarding Q: I know we have touted her trey-shooting during the season....and her willingness to
I wonder what Q's season-long trey percentage is. I know she got off to a hot start...but my sense is for most of the

So: during the last game I thought her best play was a very smooth/gliding/2 or 3 bounce move to the basket
from the left wing. Approaching the basket...as the defense rolled to her...she made a beautiful bounce pass to
Aaliyah for a wide-open lay-up. Hope to see more of that to earn more minutes. The NEW ICE and Q can
be keys to close the season strong and make a serious run in The Dance....not just .providing the starters

Will be great for Q to watch Aubrey next year...the more she can do her own version of Griffin the better...imo.

Just checked: Q has a 35% trey percentage...pretty decent. Foul shooting percentage is under 50%..that makes
I believe they will continue to fine tune, AND stay comfortable in the offense as they improve their defense, as they learn to win the play in front of them.

Today will be a good opportunity to show off their skills against the #2 team in the Big East...

Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
I have posted this on other threads, so... I think that Ice feels more comfortable when she comes into the game and she is no longer being called for fouls for breathing on the player she's guarding. Earlier in the season, she was visibly upset by these calls but now that it appears that when she is not being called for these fouls, she is more comfortable and playing better.
I also think that the refs have an impact on how we play. Against Georgetown when only 1 foul was called on us in the first half, we were playing very well. But after the refs saw the first half stats, they came out blowing their whistles, against both teams, and our offense suffered. The 3rd and 4th quarter are not the time that any team should be adjusting to how the game is being called.
Well the game has started but my POI is that the reason the fouls have stopped on Ice is because she is not as slow because she is now in shape.

Reaction Score
Post game went to IU/ILL game where IU is ranked #14? A team with only one victory against a ranked team (Tennessee) at the time, but no longer ranked. So maybe there is some value to make you look good by not having a challenging schedule?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Well the game has started but my POI is that the reason the fouls have stopped on Ice is because she is not as slow because she is now in shape.
The refs returned to their calling fouls on Ice for breathing on her opposing player again.

Reaction Score

Q is an energetic player a good 3 point shooter (when she takes good shots )and has a chance to be
A solid contributor in the future
Right now her lack of fundamentals(.especially on the defensive end) and her lack of strength make
It difficult to hold her own against big east
Competition and not ready at all to compete with more talented teams like ND and So Car
There is no comparison to Aubrey who has elite athleticism and great defensive instincts

My post is not to denigrate her abilities but just
To point out that as a freshman she had been put
In a situation that she may not be ready for and some on the board have unrealistic expectations
Based on some made 3 pointers

Reaction Score
Yeah I saw that. Another badly officiated game.
Was at the game and disagree that it was a badly
Officiated game imho the refs were very consistent
They let almost everything go
Sure when a game is called this way u can come up with numerous calls not made on UConn players but there were lots of times Uconn
Fouled that was not called (Paige clearly fouled
A player in the lane when she was taken one on one and it wasn’t called)

Be careful what you wish for - a tightly called game given UConn’s lack of depth would not work in their favor

All you can ask for from the officials is consistency
And that what I saw today

Reaction Score
Was at the game and disagree that it was a badly
Officiated game imho the refs were very consistent
They let almost everything go
Sure when a game is called this way u can come up with numerous calls not made on UConn players but there were lots of times Uconn
Fouled that was not called (Paige clearly fouled
A player in the lane when she was taken one on one and it wasn’t called)

Be careful what you wish for - a tightly called game given UConn’s lack of depth would not work in their favor

All you can ask for from the officials is consistency
And that what I saw today
Ok. I would always defer to someone who is there and can see the whole floor. On TV we saw a lot of blatant non calls when we were fouled.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Post game went to IU/ILL game where IU is ranked #14? A team with only one victory against a ranked team (Tennessee) at the time, but no longer ranked. So maybe there is some value to make you look good by not having a challenging schedule?
Yeah, you look good until you lose to IL by 20 on national TV. ;)

Reaction Score
Q is an energetic player a good 3 point shooter (when she takes good shots )and has a chance to be
A solid contributor in the future
Right now her lack of fundamentals(.especially on the defensive end) and her lack of strength make
It difficult to hold her own against big east
Competition and not ready at all to compete with more talented teams like ND and So Car
There is no comparison to Aubrey who has elite athleticism and great defensive instincts

My post is not to denigrate her abilities but just
To point out that as a freshman she had been put
In a situation that she may not be ready for and some on the board have unrealistic expectations
Based on some made 3 pointers
I agree with you, and am enthusiastic to see her improvements next season, when she’s a little bit more knowledgeable about the college game, and how to consistently help her team win. Hopefully she’ll use the summer to get stronger.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom