Game Day! At Villanova at 6:30 pm. | The Boneyard

Game Day! At Villanova at 6:30 pm.

Reaction Score
So we need a win and a strong game on defense. I look for Nika to have a bounce back game because you know she internalized the loss against ND and blamed the loss on her own sub-par performance. You will see her shooting and playing smart defense on Lucy Olsen who will be a first team All BE selection at least for some part of the game. Paige has to get going early and we have to assume she will be doubled and tripled from here on in so Ash, KK, and Nika have to hit the outside dishes. Let's go under to Liyah in scoring position and have Q and Ice just play good floor games. We don't need them to do more than they can do, just no turnovers. Looking for resiliency tonight at Finneran!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Even better, today is a double-header. The women are at 6:30 on SNY, the men are at 8:30 on FS1

6C4C1595-8D97-4AFD-A705-D4CAE4BF226C.jpeg

Reaction Score
So we need a win and a strong game on defense. I look for Nika to have a bounce back game because you know she internalized the loss against ND and blamed the loss on her own sub-par performance. You will see her shooting and playing smart defense on Lucy Olsen who will be a first team All BE selection at least for some part of the game. Paige has to get going early and we have to assume she will be doubled and tripled from here on in so Ash, KK, and Nika have to hit the outside dishes. Let's go under to Liyah in scoring position and have Q and Ice just play good floor games. We don't need them to do more than they can do, just no turnovers. Looking for resiliency tonight at Finneran!
I'd like to see Ines get more floor time during the game, not just coming in for mop up at the end. We need to see who is going to be the best #6 under pressure, because the ND game showed that Q and Ice are still lacking.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see Ines get more floor time during the game, not just coming in for mop up at the end. We need to see who is going to be the best #6 under pressure, because the ND game showed that Q and Ice are still lacking.
This!!

Reaction Score
Playing for the long haul, this might be a game where you rest Nika if she is really nursing a bad ankle, put in Ines, tell KK you are guarding Olsen, show me what you have. If it works great, if not, you have learned something and hopefully Nika's ankle gets better. She was wearing an ankle brace a lot last year, surprised she did not have/need surgery last summer to fix something.

Reaction Score
I am taping the women's game and will watch after I get home from Gampel cheering on the men. Don't tell me who won and ruin the surprise, lol.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I am taping the women's game and will watch after I get home from Gampel cheering on the men. Don't tell me who won and ruin the surprise, lol.
Good luck with that, you think that they aren't going to announce it to the crowd at Gampel?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Q and Ice probably each need a fuller to "get it" and play their best. That means; next year sometime, they each blossom. It is reasonable. But not what we need.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Same old thing: after a loss to a good team, they crush an inferior team, and most people say:

"Now they're back in form!"
Would you prefer that we followed a loss to a rank team with a loss to an unranked team and the consensus is "we suck"?

The season is a journey. I'm glad to see us making progress whenever we can.

Reaction Score
I'm looking for Nika to come back strong if she plays.

Reaction Score
Same old thing: after a loss to a good team, they crush an inferior team, and most people say:

Well, it’s better than losing! Should we be down on them for the rest of the year?

Reaction Score

I see it a little differently with UConn. I think when they match up they are as good as anyone in the country but when the other team has size UConn is in big trouble. You couple that with playing 5-6 players against physically superior teams and your team just runs out of gas before the game ends.

Tonight UConn matches up great and most likely will blow out Villanova. I know the starters can play but I would like to see the players who warm the bench get a chance to be put in when the game is still in question. We have seen Ice and Q so we know what they will bring in big games, now we need to see what Ines and Amari bring. They absolutely need more than what they have against the premier teams and now is the time to experiment.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
For the first time this season, our game is not available yet on the Fox Sports app so close to game time. Fingers crossed.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
For the first time this season, our game is not available yet on the Fox Sports app so close to game time. Fingers crossed.
It has appeared. (I enjoy posting to myself. )

Reaction Score
Enjoy, BBallF, and safe driving!
Drove down from Jersey for the game and staying at the Inn at Villanova University. Very nice. Left the hotel at 5:45 to get to the 6:30 game. It is 1 mile away. Got there at 6:32! Need some Husky traffic management help big time here! Place rocked but thankfully Nika held Olsen in check and Paige took over the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom