Game Day! Against Marquette at 2:30 pm on FS1. Today's Top 3 Things I Want To See. | The Boneyard

Game Day! Against Marquette at 2:30 pm on FS1. Today's Top 3 Things I Want To See.

Reaction Score
Aaliyah's return to the bench yesterday was a very emotional, unforgettable and wonderful moment. I am sure many of you are filled with rage as I am at the officiating yesterday and in womens college basketball as a whole. Having said that, here are my revised top 3 things I want to see in today's game:

1) Aaliyah.

2) Ice to play like she did in the second half yesterday all game long today because "the light went on".

3) Q to play like the game depends on her because it might.

What are your new ones? You better hurry to get them in, it's one hour later than you think!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
From the look on AE's face when she returned to the bench, I'm not sure we'll see her today.
Amazing if we do. Might be a "let's get you out there and see how you feel," but the shock to her body and mind might need a day or two to recover.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
1) Aaliyah
2) I want to see UConn play with an edge. They somehow need to show that they won't be beaten up again. I don't know just what form this would take. Nothing dirty or underhanded, no enforcer, but the point somehow needs to be made that they're not gonna be punching bags. Maybe just really intense pressure from the get-go?
3) If the first two happen, no need for a 3

Reaction Score
Paige going off; 40 points, 5 blocks, 10+ rebounds
KK continues with her superb play
Ice double double, only 2 fouls whole game
Amari cleared to play today… I know that one is 4

AE probably has a concussion along with the broken nose. Bet she has two black eyes today. Hope I’m wrong about the concussion and wish her a speedy recover. Hope to at least see her on the bench.

Reaction Score
1. Enough players to actually play the game.
2. A spectacular Geno rant resulting in a technical on the first play that is too physical. I want the full fire 1995 version of Geno.
3. If, after the technical, it continues to be too physical, pull the team off the court and forfeit the game. Enough is enough.

Reaction Score
I am very concerned about the officiating. If you didn't see Georgetown vs St. Johns, it looked like a rugby game or "rock fight". The referees "let them play"... and didn't seem concerned about the melee that was taking place right before their eyes. I am surprised people weren't injured in that game. It was NOT "Basketball" as James Naismith intended.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see AE in the game, but I'm also concerned that she has a concussion or, at least, is still in pain and won't be able to play. The biggest thing I want to see from today's game is that nobody is injured. The refs not to take control of games from the opening jump and not let it get out of hand.

Reaction Score
I’d like to see the following:

1) Aaliyah’s presence. Being in the lineup may be difficult, but definitely amongst her teammates
2) The freshmen stepping up like they did yesterday, including Q’s drive to the basket for the last bucket
3) Paige and Nika control the tempo from the beginning of the game, and guide the young ones to victory.

Reaction Score
I broke my nose 4 times (Rugby) and did not have a concussion related to those 4 incidents.
Playing with a broken nose is really painful, but doable. Hence my 3:

1.AE and KK back
2. Paige dominating
3. Ice picking up where she left off last night.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Looked like when Aaliyah went down the team Grew Up and took it upon themselves to step up I would like to see that continue
Energy
Confidence

Reaction Score
Aaliyah's return to the bench yesterday was a very emotional, unforgettable and wonderful moment. I am sure many of you are filled with rage as I am at the officiating yesterday and in womens college basketball as a whole. Having said that, here are my revised top 3 things I want to see in today's game:

1) Aaliyah.

2) Ice to play like she did in the second half yesterday all game long today because "the light went on".

3) Q to play like the game depends on her because it might.
Ditto

Reaction Score
Praying that Aaliyah is recovering decently. Those of us that have had our nose broken know, the day after the event, the pain/soreness, is not fun, especially if you can't take certain medications. Yikes! But on topic, the three things I want to see are:

1). Defensive Intensity.
2). Communication.
3). Attacking mindset by everyone. Set the tone from the jump. Play fearless basketball.

Reaction Score
1.Aaliyah
2. Ice play well
3. Better officiating (It's basketbrawl not basketball)

Reaction Score
Sorry, I have to go to the attic and hope that Amari is healthy to play and give us 12 memorable minutes. Maybe last night she snuck out to the reservation and found a Shaman.

Say 6 pts, 5 rb and 2 blocks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would love to see Aaliyah, but I would say there is no way in heck she can play.
Besides that, I’d like to see
1. Paige hit for 35
2. KK shooting hot and playing tenacious defense
3. Shade have a hot shooting day.

Reaction Score
1. KK and Shade shoot lights out otherwise the defense will totally key on Paige.
2. Ice stays calm because Marquette will be physical with her.
3. Nika has a double double (see #1)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom