Gail Goestenkors | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gail Goestenkors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you believe that Geno is merely "smart" (for lack of a better word), then, yes, by all means you want to go out and find another 'smart' coach. However if you believe he has created an entire philosophy, style, attitude, and tradition, then you have an interest in finding someone who is familar with and can continue that tradition.

Rizzotti, Dailey, & Ralph are the clear top choices in my book (maybe Tonya & Jamelle pending future success). If they're not interested then I'd expand the search wide, but those have a huge inside edge for me.

Why, in your book, do Tonya Cardoza and Jamelle Elliott have to fall in line behind Jennifer Rizzotti and Shea Ralph?

Reaction Score
I'd say she's in the discussion but she'd have to win post Griner to be a lock.

Totally disagree. Baylor has won two national championships 7 years apart. If Tara Vanderveer is considered an elite coach with two national championships two years apart, then Coach Mulkey is as close to a lock as there is. Only six coaches in WCBB can claim title to multiple national championships. Coach Mulkey has been a national champion as a player, assistant coach, and head coach. No one else can make that claim.

Reaction Score
Why, in your book, do Tonya Cardoza and Jamelle Elliott have to fall in line behind Jennifer Rizzotti and Shea Ralph?

maybe not Shea
Now that they have head coaching positions, they need to show that they can achieve success in that position. Jen already has. Tonya is getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom