Gaffney Breakout Season | The Boneyard

Gaffney Breakout Season

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That doesn't seem to far-fetched. It seemed he had caught up to the pace of the game during that late run. Why wouldn't he improve with the added confidence?

Reaction Score
glad that's settled. if he's splitting time with Cole at PG (up to 20 mpg at the point) then he's not starting at SG too. he'd never come off the floor.

EDIT- i think it'll break down to ~15 mpg at PG and ~10 mpg w/ Cole on the floor

Last edited:
Reaction Score
glad that's settled. if he's splitting time with Cole at PG (up to 20 mpg at the point) then he's not starting at SG too. he'd never come off the floor.

I don't think he'll start at SG, but will get 5-10 minutes a game on court with Cole.

Reaction Score
Here's my 10/8/2020 prediction for Gaff

27 mpg
8.5 ppg
4.8 apg
2.4 rpg
1.0 steals per game
43% F
35% 3pt
79% FT
I'd sign up for that. Hardly "breakout" though.

That tweet is classic Rothstein. Sorry but I can't take that guy seriously.

Reaction Score
In case people don't remember, Danny Hurley last year towards the end of the season, while praising Gaffney for being a solid floor leader, was strongly pointing out how good he thought Jalen was going to be this season, I forget the exact quote but he said that Jalen was going to come back a completely different player, bringing his game to a whole nother level. This is his coach saying this; Hurley saw it coming last year.

He's bigger, stronger, faster, he's SuperGaffney :)

Who doesn't think Hurley, who wants to play 4 out, one in, a good percentage of the time, will not also have both his playmakers on the floor together stirring up this potent offense we will have this year. If they are both going to play 25-30 minutes a game, they will both be on the floor together for a lot of those minutes.

I think they both start together in the backcourt with Bouk at the 3.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'd sign up for that. Hardly "breakout" though.

That tweet is classic Rothstein. Sorry but I can't take that guy seriously.

It's borderline breakout. If UConn does very well and Gaff is on the floor for 25+ mpg he is the floor general and the straw stirring the drink. So, numbers be damned, if he goes from just starting a few games as a freshmen to a competent conductor of a very good team, I'll consider that a breakout.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
A small ball lineup of cole Gaffney bouk polley/akok carlton/whaley seems fun. Martin will get some burn in there too. I hope the freshman big men are ready and it'll be FUN

Reaction Score
Starting is overrated. What does our perimeter look like in a tie ball game with two minutes to go?

The Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight perimeter seems to most closely resemble the traditional UCONN championship formula.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom