FYI: Akinjo and Salesian playing for the Division 3 title tomorrow at 1pm PT | The Boneyard

FYI: Akinjo and Salesian playing for the Division 3 title tomorrow at 1pm PT

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
For you Norcal natives, James Akinjo is playing for the California Division 3 championship tomorrow at 1pm PT at St. Mary's (here's the bracket). Tickets are $14 per. Salesian, ranked #2 in California and #5 in the country according to MaxPreps, has gone 29-1 this year.

I'll be there in my Husky gear with a couple friends.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
For you Norcal
natives, James Akinjo is playing for the California Division 3 championship tomorrow at 1pm PT at St. Mary's (here's the bracket). Tickets are $14 per. Salesian, ranked #2 in California and #5 in the country according to MaxPreps, has gone 29-1 this year.

Let us know how it goes if you can. Thanks

Reaction Score
You can go to the MaxPreps site and go through a few steps that will allow you to watch the game live by clicking on Boys basketball and selecting playoffs, then pick the state of California and scroll down the list of championship brackets to the following:

2018 NCS/Les Schwab TiresBoys' Basketball Championships

Click on Division 3 of the NCS list and it takes you to a page with the bracket.
Click on Salesian in the Championship box on the far right and it takes you to a page where you can scroll down to the box that offers the opportunity to watch live.

C

Chief00

For you Norcal natives, James Akinjo is playing for the California Division 3 championship tomorrow at 1pm PT at St. Mary's (here's the bracket). Tickets are $14 per. Salesian, ranked #2 in California and #5 in the country according to MaxPreps, has gone 29-1 this year.

Congrats - that’s always a great thing to do!

Reaction Score
Congrats - that’s always a great thing to do!
This goes along way for the Ollie can’t recruit UConn guys. The coach before him had the great quote that went something along the lines of “ I don’t care about your statistics or (position)rankings, or how many points you scored. My only question is, did you win?” In fact I think he even said that to the current hc at UConn. Circle of life stuff. Can akinjo be our future head coach in 2043?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'd love to see him get back to caring that much about the game

Got the last board post whistle. Crush the ball between his hands then hopped in the air in celebration. He looked pumped as hell.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Enjoy, but please don't call him "Kinojo."

Reaction Score
Akinjo's team just won their championship 67-53.
Akinjo had two 3's and 11 free throws for 17 points and made 5 free throws at the end to seal the win. The team's 6'7" sophomore center had 8 field goals and 6 free throws for 22. Maybe he'd fill our need for a big man who can score in two years?
The opponent's junior point guard had 4 field goals, 2 three's and 5 free throws for 19 points. Not sure who guarded him or who guarded Akinjo.
No stats on assists but I'm hoping the reason the big guy had so many field goals and Akinjo so few was because Akinjo was finding him. Let us pray he does that for UConn next year.

C

Chief00

Akinjo's team just won their championship 67-53.
Akinjo had two 3's and 11 free throws for 17 points and made 5 free throws at the end to seal the win. The team's 6'7" sophomore center had 8 field goals and 6 free throws for 22. Maybe he'd fill our need for a big man who can score in two years?
The opponent's junior point guard had 4 field goals, 2 three's and 5 free throws for 19 points. Not sure who guarded him or who guarded Akinjo.
No stats on assists but I'm hoping the reason the big guy had so many field goals and Akinjo so few was because Akinjo was finding him. Let us pray he does that for UConn next year.

First, a sincere thanks for the update.

One of the things we kicked around at Blaze Pizza was what do we look for in a point guard. A coach on the floor, someone who makes their teammates better, someone who defensively could keep their feet in front of a penetrator, very favorable assist to turnover ratio, a shooter and someone who can create and get to the line and knock down foul shots.
So when you say he knocked down 5 foul shots at the end and 11 over-all - I see it as validation of the Blaze strategy. Not a reason for concern. From a coach’s perspective - consistently getting to the line and knocking down foul shots is probably something you can hang your hat on more than a dude going off from 3. While that may be more fun from a casual fans perspective - coach’s like the guy who gets fouled and converts. Good job Chill and Ricky.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

One of the things we kicked around at Blaze Pizza was what do we look for in a point guard. A coach on the floor, someone who makes their teammates better, someone who defensively could keep their feet in front of a penetrator, very favorable assist to turnover ratio, a shooter and someone who can create and get to the line and knock down foul shots.
So when you say he knocked down 5 foul shots at the end and 11 over-all - I see it as validation of the Blaze strategy. Not a reason for concern. From a coach’s perspective - consistently getting to the line and knocking down foul shots is probably something you can hang your hat on more than a dude going off from 3. While that may be more fun from a casual fans perspective - coach’s like the guy who gets fouled and converts. Good job Chill and Ricky.
Just who was sitting around the table when the Blaze Strategy was hammered out?

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score

Would have loved to have made this game and connected w/ UConn faithful. Currently recovering from surgery which is slowing me down a bit. Rooting for Akinjo and Salesian.

C

Chief00

Would have loved to have made this game and connected w/ UConn faithful. Currently recovering from surgery which is slowing me down a bit. Rooting for Akinjo and Salesian.

Get well soon by man.

Reaction Score

It scares me to think this actually happened.
Right up there with the dope on other board when he was asking if people knew of good recruits so he could pass it on to KO.

C

Chief00

It scares me to think this actually happened.
Right up there with the dope on other board when he was asking if people knew of good recruits so he could pass it on to KO.
You are easily scared. It’s already been a huge success with Wilson, Akinjo, Mathews and the big Lithuanian kid. Contrary to your protest, a pizza place owned by LeBron James is not a bad place to launch a recruiting strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
You are easily scared. It’s already been a huge success with Wilson, Akinjo, Mathews and the big Lithuanian kid. Contrary to your protest, a pizza place owned by LeBron James is not a bad place to launch a recruiting strategy.

Couple reasons it scares me if true:

1)Chief was invited to a recruiting strategy meeting
2)Within that meeting the most basic necessities where applied to the point guard position and the people within that meeting seemingly thought it to be revolutionary
3)A meeting was even necessary after many years of already recruiting?
4)Chief was invited to a recruiting strategy meeting

I could go on but I would need to know more of what you dumbazzez where talking about first

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom