fwiw: PT Minutes Uconn, SCar and Stanford | Page 2 | The Boneyard

fwiw: PT Minutes Uconn, SCar and Stanford

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sorry my posting of stats has turned into a flame war.

Shut it down @HuskyNan
Not a flame war, just the usual arguing. No problem here.

Sometimes I make a post then get absolutely hammered over it. The temptation is there to just zap my post but that’s not the right thing to do. People forget what‘s posted anyway. If you think this thread will haunt you, don’t worry about it. No one will remember it once it’s on page 2 of the board.

Reaction Score
Dawn isn't putting people in just to put them in. Her philosophy is different from Geno though. She likes putting her players in game situations to see if they can perform. If they do, they'll get more PT. If not, their opportunities will dwindle. I will say I've never seen her play this many players in so many games as she has this year. The difference is these players are adding to the game in most instances. She's yanked a couple of them out fairly quickly too when they weren't doing what they needed to do.
exactly my point..........she's not doing it to make nice...........she's got a talented bench and she's using it early in the season to look for the best combinations...........if you don't play your bench players in competitive situations how do you know what you have? At the same time, she's able to keep her starters sharp without burning them out by limiting their minutes to 23-28 minutes a game. I think many recruits look at this and say, if I play well I'm going to get my minutes as a freshman at USC, while unless I'm a superstar from day one or the team is struck by injuries, my minutes will be severely limited at UConn as a freshman and maybe even as a soph.......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom