FWIW Paige on sidelines without brace | The Boneyard

FWIW Paige on sidelines without brace

Reaction Score
No way to view this other than " encouraging news". No, I am not saying I expect her to play in X days, but this is an important milestone to potentially getting her back...

A different kind of domino, so to speak.

Reaction Score
Maybe she can at least shoot stationary shots to get her upper body into shape.

I think it's great that Bueckers has all these godparents to advise her on what to do and not do.

The reports all along have stated that she has maintained her weight/conditioning work except those that involve that leg. She's been putting weight on the leg since she came off crutches and I'd be shocked if she wasn't shooting 500/day at least.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wasn’t there a video from a few weeks back showing Paige doing pull-ups?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
that's great news that her rehab is progressing well. Now Paige, don't do anything stupid like try to come back too soon!!! I know the temptation is there but it must be resisted!
Beemer, I 100% agree. :cool: That is my biggest and most sincere concern. I don't want her to rush back for any reason. If she comes back this season, fine. If not, fine. I want her to be 100% when the season begins next November. We've got two freshmen (Brady and Patterson) coming in that need to be acclimated into UConn's culture and Geno's system. I hoping to pick up another "veteran" player that can play from the portal.

I nominate THIS post as the POD. (Post of the Day) All of the UConn fans hope that Paige doesn't do anything stupid like trying to come back too soon, and push her recovery back to square one. THAT would be devastating to her and the team. ALL things in time. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
there is video of her shooting 3's days after her surgery on crutches and in a brace. She's been out on the court during warm ups during her recovery. The kid is relentless.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Time is something Paige does not have. 3 weeks from this coming Monday (Feb 27) is the last day of the regular season for BE conference play. The conference tournament runs March 5-7. Is 3 weeks enough time for Paige to complete her rehabilitation program, and get in basketball shape? We’ll see.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Time is something Paige does not have. 3 weeks from this coming Monday (Feb 27) is the last day of the regular season for BE conference play. The conference tournament runs March 5-7. Is 3 weeks enough time for Paige to complete her rehabilitation program, and get in basketball shape? We’ll see.
While recovery from the type of knee injury Paige had runs the gamut from 8 weeks to career ending, One positive example was Yao Ming, who was back on the court just 9 weeks after fracturing his patella. Paige is younger and considerably smaller than Yao. If she can adhere to a similar timeline Paige could be back on the court for the game at Xavier on Feb 18.

That would give Paige four regular season games to get the rust off and build up her minutes. Hopefully she would be 100% by the BE tournament with UConn firing on all cylinders heading into the Big Dance.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
There is no way Geno will bring Paige back to soon. Once she is cleared to play he will have her practice for at least 5 games and see how she looks and feels. Then she will see playtime against teams we are going to beat with her or without her. I dont expect to play long minutes in routs even if they are in the BE tourney. The final 2 games in the BE tourney you may see her get more minutes and thats a month away then a week off and then the NCAAs.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just really hope she waits until she's fully healthy. UConn can wait for her. Health first.
As much as Paige wants to get back on the court, it won’t be up to her. I am certain that UConn’s medical staff will be extremely cautious with the decision when Paige is ready to return to play. She will need to pass a barrage of different tests and evaluations before she receives the AOK.

Reaction Score
As much as Paige wants to get back on the court, it won’t be up to her. I am certain that UConn’s medical staff will be extremely cautious with the decision when Paige is ready to return to play. She will need to pass a barrage of different tests and evaluations before she receives the AOK.
Durant rushed back from a calf injury for the NBA finals in year 2019. Warriors' medical staff didn't stop him and allowed him to play. His re-injury then cost him a year. I am not sure if the college player has the same decision making power as the pro player.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Durant rushed back from a calf injury for the NBA finals in year 2019. Warriors' medical staff didn't stop him and allowed him to play. His re-injury then cost him a year. I am not sure if the college player has the same decision making power as the pro player.
I suspect the Warriors could have prohibited Durant from coming back if they really wanted to. I believe, in the end, SF was willing to take the chance on having their $20 million superstar in the lineup.

As for Paige, she will most certainly push to get back on the court. UConn’s medical staff as well as Geno absolutely have veto power.

Reaction Score
I honestly can't believe people are saying "i just don't want her to come back before she is ready" as if that would ever happen. Like, she is protected at all costs and her future is what is being planned for now. That kid has the chance to re-write what it means to be a professional women's basketball player in this country.

Reaction Score
Feeling a little tremor like just before a major earthquake hits WCBB……. ;)

The best earthquake detector is your cat. We lived in an earthquake prone area and when the cat fully splayed out flat on the floor we knew a tremor was seconds away. The second one will be Paige in pregame warmup drills

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom