Future Non Conference Opponents | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Future Non Conference Opponents

Reaction Score
BC usually ends with Syracuse. I would not count on getting an annual game with them unless it's a 2 for 1 deal. We're better off opening with UMass where we get a 2 for 1 deal with the 1 road game being at Gillette. Go get games with Boise St, BYU, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan St, etc. I would give 2 for 1 with Michigan, tOSU, USC, ND, PSU.

Reaction Score
BC usually ends with Syracuse. I would not count on getting an annual game with them unless it's a 2 for 1 deal. We're better off opening with UMass where we get a 2 for 1 deal with the 1 road game being at Gillette. Go get games with Boise St, BYU, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan St, etc. I would give 2 for 1 with Michigan, tOSU, USC, ND, PSU.

Michigan St, tOSU, PSU, ND, USC aren't taking a 2 for 1. At best you're getting a one and done with these schools. Look at what happened with Michigan and ND. What's happening with Tennessee. They think they're "too good" to come to a G5's stadium. If all stars align, the big schools will agree to play you st MetLife or Gillette.

Reaction Score
Michigan St, tOSU, PSU, ND, USC aren't taking a 2 for 1. At best you're getting a one and done with these schools. Look at what happened with Michigan and ND. What's happening with Tennessee. They think they're "too good" to come to a G5's stadium. If all stars align, the big schools will agree to play you st MetLife or Gillette.

Exactly right. The best we can hope for is one of those big name schools to play us at MetLife.

We gave away a big home game with BC to Fenway just for the extra dollars. If that's direction we want to go, we might as well try to schedule big name schools for Metlife and hope they bite.

Reaction Score
Exactly right. The best we can hope for is one of those big name schools to play us at MetLife.

We gave away a big home game with BC to Fenway just for the extra dollars. If that's direction we want to go, we might as well try to schedule big name schools for Metlife and hope they bite.

I'd love to see a game once in a while at the MetLife or Gillette, if we could get the "bigger" named schools to come, I think every couple years it would be nice little weekend trip for everyone.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see a game once in a while at the MetLife or Gillette, if we could get the "bigger" named schools to come, I think every couple years it would be nice little weekend trip for everyone.

I would rather play at Fenway or Yankee Stadium

Reaction Score
Novelty has worn off football @ baseball stadiums... only if there are no other options.

I just really don't like the idea of playing college football games in NFL stadiums, especially in places like East Rutherford or Foxboro. It worked last year in Houston but, obviously, that's in the same city as the school

Reaction Score
Novelty has worn off football @ baseball stadiums... only if there are no other options.

I never really liked the idea to begin with. Sight lines for baseball are different than football. Just seems to me like no seat is a good seat when football is played at a baseball stadium.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Would love uconn to use their New York presence to play some big boys at MetLife. Will be difficult getting teams to come to the rent until we can hopefully get back in P5 conference or until the AAC gets more respect

Reaction Score
Yeah, they don't end with Syracuse. For the foreseeable future they are now paired with Wake. Started a couple of years ago. The ACC came as close as possible to saying nobody cares about these two so let's put them together for the final weekend.

Reaction Score
Would love UConn to use their New York presence to play some big boys at MetLife. Will be difficult getting teams to come to the rent until we can hopefully get back in P5 conference or until the AAC gets more respect
What are you talking about? Have you looked at the schedule? we have Mizzou this year. Granted 18 is a bit weak but after that we have Illinois then Indiana then NC State and BC both on the schedule for out years. So we have SEC, ACC, Big 10 and I have heard there is a solid chance of a home-home series with a Big 12 in the works. Not sure who but I'm speculating West Virginia or Baylor.

And why in heaven's name do we want to play at MetLife (or Foxboro for that matter)? Why play in front of an empty stadium like Syracuse did against USC? if you must play a neutral site game Fenway and Faux Yankee Stadium are much better options.

Reaction Score
What are you talking about? Have you looked at the schedule? we have Mizzou this year. Granted 18 is a bit weak but after that we have Illinois then Indiana then NC State and BC both on the schedule for out years. So we have SEC, ACC, Big 10 and I have heard there is a solid chance of a home-home series with a Big 12 in the works. Not sure who but I'm speculating West Virginia or Baylor.

And why in heaven's name do we want to play at MetLife (or Foxboro for that matter)? Why play in front of an empty stadium like Syracuse did against USC? if you must play a neutral site game Fenway and Faux Yankee Stadium are much better options.

@freescooter thank you. This is EXACTLY what I was trying to say.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The only way you get a B1G game in NY/NJ is if that school wants to add a game in between its rotating conference away games with RU.

The schools that would want that and could pull off filling MetLife have better OOC options. You are basically saying PSU, Mich, and OSU.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Couldn't agree with you more
SPOT ON

Reaction Score
According to BC's schedule they play Wake in September and Cuse the week after playing us.

I agree that it's best for the program to play at least one game per year against a big time opponent at Met Life. We own the NYC market and I can't see how we don't sellout the Met for UCONN vs ND or Michigan, tOSU, etc. Nobody likes going to East Hartford it just smells too G5.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
BC usually ends with Syracuse. I would not count on getting an annual game with them unless it's a 2 for 1 deal.

That would be an improvement on our current 2-0 deal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom