Future Non Conference Opponents | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Future Non Conference Opponents

Reaction Score
I see everyone on the list except for Stanford. I'd love to see a game with them...

Reaction Score
I think it's good to have either UMass(proximity) or BC(New England rivalry) on the schedule every year. It's great that Viginia and Syracuse are playing the Huskies and I'd like to see Pitt, Rutgers and W. Virginia scheduled in the future. The ultimate goal for scheduling close to home: Penn St. Auburn eventually and Minnesota, Louisville and Maryland. But if UConn wants to be considered one of the big boys they have to get the likes of Rhode Island, Holy Cross and Maine type of schools off their schedule. Those games are good for Rhodey, Cross and the Black Bears but do nothing for UConn except make them look bad if they don't completely annihilate their New England little cousins.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Those games are good for Rhodey, Cross and the Black Bears but do nothing for UConn except make them look bad if they don't completely annihilate their New England little cousins.

You realize that all the G5 programs play one cupcake game a year against FCS competition and that all but the B1G also do the same? Until the rest of the ACC stops scheduling a single FCS game, we shouldn't stop either. I like playing the local FCS programs (sans Holy Cross which seems entirely too small) like Maine and URI, I think its good for all of us.

Reaction Score
I think it's good to have either UMass(proximity) or BC(New England rivalry) on the schedule every year. It's great that Viginia and Syracuse are playing the Huskies and I'd like to see Pitt, Rutgers and W. Virginia scheduled in the future. The ultimate goal for scheduling close to home: Penn St. Auburn eventually and Minnesota, Louisville and Maryland. But if UConn wants to be considered one of the big boys they have to get the likes of Rhode Island, Holy Cross and Maine type of schools off their schedule. Those games are good for Rhodey, Cross and the Black Bears but do nothing for UConn except make them look bad if they don't completely annihilate their New England little cousins.

With the current state of the program, scheduling one FCS game is a good thing. Helps get us bowl eligible. Unless they stop counting FCS games we should continue to play them. I wish they were Friday nights though instead of Thursday

Reaction Score
Thu night before Labor Day weekend is much, much better than Fri night as far as traffic goes.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Thu night before Labor Day weekend is much, much better than Fri night as far as traffic goes.
Hmmm really? I don't know if I agree with that as someone living very near I-95 in lower FF County. Thursday nights before any holiday weekend are often worse or equal down here than Friday nights.

Reaction Score
Hmmm really? I don't know if I agree with that as someone living very near I-95 in lower FF County. Thursday nights before any holiday weekend are often worse or equal down here than Friday nights.

That had been my experience coming up from Stratford 4-5 years ago.

Reaction Score
I want to play UNC again, that holding call in the endzone when we were absolutely dominating them still pisses me off.

Didn't NC lose power during that game, which we were winning, at the time?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Tennessee is not happening. Hopefully they at least buy us out of it
This game may never happen but there would be no buyout available as it was merely a home and home series.

The last I heard (nearly two years ago) they wanted it postponed indefinitely (with the hope that we would tell them to just cancel it). We allowed the deadline for scheduling to be removed as attempting to enforce any deadline would have led to cancelling the series.

If we get good again they may have interest in actually scheduling this game. Otherwise it will never happen.

Reaction Score
Didn't NC lose power during that game, which we were winning, at the time?

The game I'm referring to was played at the Rent. My memory is a little fuzzy on the details but from what I remember they couldn't move the ball on us the entire game until a late drive to tie, at I believe 10. Then we somehow got backed up the goal line on the next drive and had a safety called on us for holding in the endzone to make it 12-10 them. We ended up getting the ball back and got to midfield in a hurry, in an attempt to set up a game winning FG. Once we got to the 50 we hit a wall and ended the game with 4 straight incompletions.

Reaction Score
The game I'm referring to was played at the Rent. My memory is a little fuzzy on the details but from what I remember they couldn't move the ball on us the entire game until a late drive to tie, at I believe 10. Then we somehow got backed up the goal line on the next drive and had a safety called on us for holding in the endzone to make it 12-10 them. We ended up getting the ball back and got to midfield in a hurry, in an attempt to set up a game winning FG. Once we got to the 50 we hit a wall and ended the game with 4 straight incompletions.

2009 and UNC was ranked.

Reaction Score
The Rent was packed with almost 40,000 fans. TJ Yates was UNC's QB. Cody Andres completed a great pass to Jordan Todman on 3rd and long but Dan Ryan was called for holding in the end zone with about a minute and a half remaining in a 10-10 tie. We then miraculously recovered the onside kick and reached midfield. We looked good for a last second winning FG but got pass happy and never gained another yard. Bad loss.
The game in Chapel Hill was memorable for three things:
The power went out as we sat in the stands while everyone around us stayed calm. The NC fans were great.
We had three punts blocked by one amazing player Bruce Carter and three INT's by QB Zach Frazer filling in for injured Tyler Lorenzen.
We went into the game 5-0 ranked 24th and got whomped--but oh those halcyon days!
Let's play these guys again.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I'd like to see us play Minnesota in the future:
  • B1G school
  • We have AD-related connections
  • Winnable games
  • Likely a September game so weather should be decent there
  • Fun city with a very nice stadium and campus
Selfishly I have family there so it's almost a guarantee that I can squeeze a road trip out of it, and they happen to be UMinn employees.

Reaction Score
I'd like to open the season with UMass and end it with BC and have BC and UMass play each other too. Give a trophy to the "Big 3" winner. Then we could dump the fcs game but since nobody wants to. E tied down to 2 games every year despite the fact that it would be good for everyone, it won't happen. BC is too pumped for Wake forest as their finale. Oy! I don't have a huge problem with an fcs game. It helps them and it is usually a win for us. And even SEC teams do it.

Reaction Score
You realize that all the G5 programs play one cupcake game a year against FCS competition and that all but the B1G also do the same? Until the rest of the ACC stops scheduling a single FCS game, we shouldn't stop either. I like playing the local FCS programs (sans Holy Cross which seems entirely too small) like Maine and URI, I think its good for all of us.

The sad reality is that WE'VE turned into the cupcake for our opponents over the last 7 years!

Reaction Score
I'd like to open the season with UMass and end it with BC and have BC and UMass play each other too. Give a trophy to the "Big 3" winner. Then we could dump the fcs game but since nobody wants to. E tied down to 2 games every year despite the fact that it would be good for everyone, it won't happen. BC is too pumped for Wake forest as their finale. Oy! I don't have a huge problem with an fcs game. It helps them and it is usually a win for us. And even SEC teams do it.

The last thing we need is another fake trophy.

Reaction Score
Randy never called a TO on either of their scoring drives.

Reaction Score
I want to play UNC again, that holding call in the endzone when we were absolutely dominating them still pisses me off.

Dominating them? I don't think so. We went up 10-0 early in the second half, then watched the rally and tie it, and where deep in our own end in the last 2 or 3 minutes when the Safety occurred.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom