Future Lineup | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Future Lineup

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You’re only talking one end of the floor. There is nothing stopping Hurley from treating Akok like a 5 on defensive end and Whaley a 4. And then vice versa on offensive end.

I mean this crap isn’t written in stone is it? If you are a rim protector on one end you have to be a back to basket lane player on other?

I’d argue otherwise.

Absolutely. I’d argue you want your 4 to be a rim protector. You want more than one, because it’s so easy to drag the one away from the rim. Ideally even a guy like Jackson can block some shots at the 3. Considering we just played a team coached by Donyell, you’d think people would remember the way he played D as a forward.

Reaction Score
You’re only talking one end of the floor. There is nothing stopping Hurley from treating Akok like a 5 on defensive end and Whaley a 4. And then vice versa on offensive end.

I mean this crap isn’t written in stone is it? If you are a rim protector on one end you have to be a back to basket lane player on other?

I’d argue otherwise.

The idea that only 5s can block shots is pretty ludicrous in itself. Unless only Carlton, Sanogo and Whaley are allowed to play help defense now.

If I'm gonna get real picky, shot blocking is potentially MORE important at the 4 if we're going to blitz pick and rolls as Hurley likes... so many teams run pick and rolls with the 1 and 5... the 4 is going to need to take over post D rotations

Reaction Score
Unless Whaley's production drops way down, he isnt going to come off the bench regardless of how well Sanogo plays.

Yes it was CCSU but I thought Whaley was TERRIFIC last night.

Reaction Score
I am the worst at jumping quickly to conclusions. But this year, despite Covid, I am just gonna lay back and enjoy this team watching their chemistry come together.

Help us out, especially me, with how to lay back and enjoy their growth when so many want them to instantly gel and win #5! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I’m a little surprised. I was fully expecting to see Martin in there. In Hurley we trust!

Reaction Score
I want Gaffney running the point on offense and Cole playing shooting guard. Simply put, Gaffney is the better PG and Cole the better shooter.

Reaction Score
I want Gaffney running the point on offense and Cole playing shooting guard. Simply put, Gaffney is the better PG and Cole the better shooter.

But let’s get a lot less of them together on the court. Gaff maybe decent at PG but he is a chair on defense in this game. Guards flying by him and I’m not sure Coles better on that end. I’m a bit nervous, it’s early, about how we match up at the point. Long way to go but one thing for sure only need one of them to be on the court most of the time.

First half ending was not good defensively they need to all be better there!

Reaction Score
Unit 1:

Gaffney
Bouk
Martin
Akok
Whaley

Unit 2:

Cole
Adams
Jackson
Polley
Sanogo

Both are very balanced in their own ways. I think it’s actually this simple. Edit: Obviously this requires a healthy and effective Akok.
Spot on. However, Hurley seems in love with 3+ guard lineups...

Reaction Score
Why are some of you hell bent on starting Whaley and Sanogo together. Those are our 5’s imo. The only time we may see them together is if we’re being abused on the boards. Keep them separated. The offense will benefit greatly from this. Polley, Martin, Akok, and Jackson can all man the 4 spot

Reaction Score
Unit 1:

Gaffney
Bouk
Martin
Akok
Whaley

Unit 2:

Cole
Adams
Jackson
Polley
Sanogo

Both are very balanced in their own ways. I think it’s actually this simple. Edit: Obviously this requires a healthy and effective Akok.
Your first unit is correct except it's going to be Cole instead of Gaffney, Hurley said Cole and Martin need to play in that 30 to 30+ minute range going forward.

Reaction Score
Not now but by the end of this season I think our starting lineup may look more like Akok, Jackson, Sanogo, Bouknight and Gaffney. I am assuming large development in Jackson and Sanogo during the year. I also realize that Cole and Whaley are not going to be giving up their minutes easily. Still, I think these 5 are likely to to turn out to be our 5 best players in terms of skills and athletic ability. Already we have seen a big drop in minutes for Carlton. I think Polley will follow and maybe Adams after him. Time will tell but I know I am excited about the direction this program is going.

Reaction Score
Not now but by the end of this season I think our starting lineup may look more like Akok, Jackson, Sanogo, Bouknight and Gaffney. I am assuming large development in Jackson and Sanogo during the year. I also realize that Cole and Whaley are not going to be giving up their minutes easily. Still, I think these 5 are likely to to turn out to be our 5 best players in terms of skills and athletic ability. Already we have seen a big drop in minutes for Carlton. I think Polley will follow and maybe Adams after him. Time will tell but I know I am excited about the direction this program is going.

I’m not sure how you can throw a starting lineup out there now without Whaley. I mean he was Really good last night, is easily our best big defender, actually our best defender overall. I’m good with your other thoughts but Whaley is a must, well earned. No reason for me to not to see more of he and Sanogo together when match ups work. Then you can have Cole, Bouk and Martin/Jackson/Polley also.

Early on more to see so we will all have differing opinions. Hopefully kids step up get consistent and show us who should be earning minutes.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure how you can throw a starting lineup out there now without Whaley. I mean he was Really good last night, is easily our best big defender, actually our best defender overall. I’m good with your other thoughts but Whaley is a must, well earned. No reason for me to not to see more of he and Sanogo together when match ups work. Then you can have Cole, Bouk and Martin/Jackson/Polley also.

Early on more to see so we will all have differing opinions. Hopefully kids step up get consistent and show us who should be earning minutes.
You may end being right about Whaley. I watch the Hartford game again this afternoon and Whaley really did have a monster game. He does so many little things well that are easy to miss.

Reaction Score
You may end being right about Whaley. I watch the Hartford game again this afternoon and Whaley really did have a monster game. He does so many little things well that are easy to miss.

Yeah the little things with him are huge for this team you called that. We need more guys who buy in to those little things you speak of.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom