Future Fans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Future Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
The biggest flaw was the total lack of a two minute offense. We had no shot on that last drive. The best part of developing a two minute offense is that you can reliably use those plays throughout the game in key situations.
If a team is short on tight ends, then its should go to a one tight end offense or no tight end. It makes no sense to pass the ball to tackles up the field with speedsters sitting on the bench.
On the ball control offense.
Newsome is a nice productive back, but NFL teams are not clamoring about his coming out and trading picks to get lower in the draft to select pick him.
The best back UConn has ever produced is Donald Brown, not Jim. We need a competent passing game. A quarterback sweep, followed by a quarterback draw, followed by a quarterback scramble could get your quarterback killed. Or at least knocked unconscious with a broken wrist.

Reaction Score
pnow15 said:
The biggest flaw was the total lack of a two minute offense. We had no shot on that last drive. The best part of developing a two minute offense is that you can reliably use those plays throughout the game in key situations. If a team is short on tight ends, then its should go to a one tight end offense or no tight end. It makes no sense to pass the ball to tackles up the field with speedsters sitting on the bench. On the ball control offense. Newsome is a nice productive back, but NFL teams are not clamoring about his coming out and trading picks to get lower in the draft to select pick him. The best back UConn has ever produced is Donald Brown, not Jim. We need a competent passing game. A quarterback sweep, followed by a quarterback draw, followed by a quarterback scramble could get your quarterback killed. Or at least knocked unconscious with a broken wrist.
I'll give him a pass on the 2 minute offense with a broken wrist that needed surgery.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Why was Shireffs in there with a broken wrist on his throwing hand? I understand being the man, but is that best for the team?

Reaction Score
Why was Shireffs in there with a broken wrist on his throwing hand? I understand being the man, but is that best for the team?

Well, I guess that kinda depends on whether he told anyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom