OT: - Fury vs. Whyte | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Fury vs. Whyte

Reaction Score
Looking forward to may 7 bivol vs canelo.i like highly skilled in his prime bivol with late tko or points win over canelo might be a foty candidate.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Looking forward to may 7 bivol vs canelo.i like highly skilled in his prime bivol with late tko or points win over canelo might be a foty candidate.

I think many are grossly underrating how good Bivol is. That should be a great fight. I think Canelo edges him on decision. As much as GGG is one of my favorites ever, Canelo handles him in a third fight. GGG is looking his age.

Reaction Score
Canelo was losing his fight with kovalev until kovalev gassed out late and got caught,up until then canelo was behind on points.canelo lost the 1st fight with ggg,I think he lost 2nd fight to ggg or drew at least.i like bivol barring any corruption

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Canelo was losing his fight with kovalev until kovalev gassed out late and got caught,up until then canelo was behind on points.canelo lost the 1st fight with ggg,I think he lost 2nd fight to ggg or drew at least.i like bivol barring any corruption

I agree with everything you said. Corruption is the biggest issue. Adelaide Byrd already has is 120-108 for Canelo.

Reaction Score
Is there another sport as corrupt as boxing,I think not.adelaide and her referee husband Robert are the worst

Reaction Score
I appreciate and enjoy your posts colchvegas,I always respect your boxing knowledge and input,much respect

Reaction Score
I don’t like him and have been hoping he losing for awhile now. But if there’s one thing I know about him is, he’s not dodging anyone. He’s living in his own timeline and is doing what’s best for him. Smart. I think those wars with Wilder took a toll on him a bit too.
Was never a big fan of the Gypsy King, but he’s grown on me. He’s the best right now and doesn’t need to dodge anybody. I didn’t think Whyte had any chance tonite and he proved me right. If Fury does fight again, I hope it’s AJ. Now that would be a good fight.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I was really anti Canelo for a while when it seemed like he was ducking ggg and the whole tainted steak thing, but I don’t see how you can see him as not the best in the game right now. He so complete defensively and offensively. I thought he totally outboxed ggg in the second fight. He outboxed him in the first fight but did so little that I wouldn’t argue anyone who thinks ggg won; without analyzing each round I thought the draw seemed reasonable.

I agree with you that the Bivol fight is very dangerous. I’m impressed that he took it given that Bivol is very powerful, very accurate, in the prime of his career, arguably the best light heavyweight, and not a big money name. It’s a great fight but I think canelos skill level is just so high that he has a good shot to win.

Reaction Score
I was really anti Canelo for a while when it seemed like he was ducking ggg and the whole tainted steak thing, but I don’t see how you can see him as not the best in the game right now. He so complete defensively and offensively. I thought he totally outboxed ggg in the second fight. He outboxed him in the first fight but did so little that I wouldn’t argue anyone who thinks ggg won; without analyzing each round I thought the draw seemed reasonable.

I agree with you that the Bivol fight is very dangerous. I’m impressed that he took it given that Bivol is very powerful, very accurate, in the prime of his career, arguably the best light heavyweight, and not a big money name. It’s a great fight but I think canelos skill level is just so high that he has a good shot to win.
I thought GGG won both fights.

Reaction Score
Such a weak time to retire. I get it with head injuries and everything, but it feels like he's dodging the best.
I would love to see him keep fighting because he's such a great fighter and so entertaining but he really has nothing left to prove. He left us with one of the best trilogies ever, he has all the money in the world, and none of these other guys can beat him.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I feel like Fury's next fight will not be in boxing. It will be in the WWE...

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Bivol has the best boxing skills at 175 and Canelo has a penchant for giving away rounds in the first half of the fight while he decodes the puzzle - it’s just part of his style. If he’s not able to get inside and hurt Bivol, I think the Russian can win a decision for sure having banked a bunch of rounds early. My prediction is Canelo via late stoppage with Bivol ahead on the scorecards

I am hoping Big Red wins here because Canelo - Beterbiev is the fight Ive long wanted

Reaction Score
You maybe right but I don't see bivol losing unless it's by corrupt scorecards or the amount of ped in canelo's system.beterbiev smashes canelo to pieces that fight ain't happening I don't think,the bivol fight will probably go the distance and it will be left to the scorecards which is not good for bivol

Reaction Score
I still think if Wilder had gone to the neutral corner after knocking down Fury, he'd be tha champ. It didn't look like Fury would've gotten up in time, but that's why discipline is so critical. A couple of seconds can change an outcome.

Reaction Score
He was out cold in the 1st fight and still managed to get up and continue as if nothing happened

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Bivol has the best boxing skills at 175 and Canelo has a penchant for giving away rounds in the first half of the fight while he decodes the puzzle - it’s just part of his style. If he’s not able to get inside and hurt Bivol, I think the Russian can win a decision for sure having banked a bunch of rounds early. My prediction is Canelo via late stoppage with Bivol ahead on the scorecards

I am hoping Big Red wins here because Canelo - Beterbiev is the fight Ive long wanted
Sure, but not sure if Canelo wants to take that Beterbiev fight though.

BoukofJames

Reaction Score
Sure, but not sure if Canelo wants to take that Beterbiev fight though.
It’s low probability for sure. But if Canelo beats Bivol and Beterbiev beats Joe Smith Jr in June, that would set up undisputed and a huge legacy fight for Canelo. Boxing politricks will probably get in the way but that’s what I’m hoping for…

Reaction Score
Beterbiev's last fight it was against that very dirty fighter name escapes me atm,beterbiev fought with his forehead split open for ten rounds blood pouring out all over,btrbv kept going forward he was not going to be denied not one step back,that was impressive,I don't think he can be stopped by anyone under 175

BoukofJames

Reaction Score
Beterbiev's last fight it was against that very dirty fighter name escapes me atm,beterbiev fought with his forehead split open for ten rounds blood pouring out all over,btrbv kept going forward he was not going to be denied not one step back,that was impressive,I don't think he can be stopped by anyone under 175
Marcus Browne the headbutt king. Awesome performance by Beterbiev in that one, that was a nasty cut on his head

Beterbiev - Bivol is a great matchup too, though not commercially appealing and difficult to make promoter/network wise

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I thought GGG won both fights.

Same.

First fight was a clear win.
Such a weak time to retire. I get it with head injuries and everything, but it feels like he's dodging the best.

lol…what?

There are money fights out there for him, but there’s no one who can beat him. (I don’t think he’s actually going to retire.)

Main event was a lot of fun, that was a perfect uppercut. If Joshua can come out on top of the Usyk series (I don’t think he will), then I think Fury will get up for that unification fight. Would be a huge event in the UK. Not sure he will choose to fight Usyk

I buy a lot of boxing PPVs but I just couldn’t fork it over for this event. Caught it on a stream. The undercard was just terrible. I needed some more world class guys on this card

Kinahan is probably in Myanmar by now

That was the greatest ring walk in the history of ring walks. That was so much fun.

God, the British know how to do it.

I’ll buy Fury-Joshua just for the ring walk.

BoukofJames

Reaction Score
Same.

First fight was a clear win.

lol…what?

There are money fights out there for him, but there’s no one who can beat him. (I don’t think he’s actually going to retire.)

That was the greatest ring walk in the history of ring walks. That was so much fun.

God, the British know how to do it.

I’ll buy Fury-Joshua just for the ring walk.
Whyte’s entrance was pretty great too as the challenger - the Jaws theme played until he appeared at the tunnel, a wolf howl, and then Back in Black. I dug that

The British fight fans are the best in the sport

Reaction Score
The Mexicans are pretty good at this as well,the difference being the music and the seedy characters walking around inside the ring inc that weird 8ft guy wearing the skeleton costume,I agree the Brits do it good

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom