Further Big East Expansion? | The Boneyard

Further Big East Expansion?

Reaction Score
I doubt they would expand since a 20 game conference schedule works perfectly with 11 teams but Dayton has been mentioned and ND would also make sense.

Reaction Score
More click bait....Notre Dame can't go anywhere for my lifetime.

Mike Brey did go off on officiating after the Seminole game....a game where his team had 27 free throws to FSU's 14....LOL...and two of those FSU FT's came late on a technical.

Not a bad move (cost $20,000 fine though)...it brings attention to the Irish, and at 11-8 they may need help to break through the bubble.

But Nole guys understand the frustration...it isn't the Irish...but the Seminoles who are ACC last with -50 in league called FT's.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is dumb and holds no value to Notre Dame, except, possibly, if they want to get out of the ACC football scheduling obligations. They want the east coast exposure and that comes from either league.

The truly weird realignment story I saw today involved Hockey East. Even more stupid.

Reaction Score
The only upside to Notre Dame in the Big East is in the long run they might provide a good team for the women to play.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Notre dame in this iteration of the Big East is such a logical fit. Greedy bastards followed the cash to the ACC even though their NBC football is worth more money than what some conferences make total.

Reaction Score
Lol, does it really matter given the relative payouts of the two conferences?
Yeah, exactly. I hope the Big East reworks it's deal and gets the payout to nearly double. How realistic is that?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, exactly. I hope the Big East reworks it's deal and gets the payout to nearly double. How realistic is that?
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about it yet. I guess they will release that info over the summer. I have no idea what the new deal will be. It will be interesting because it is a good indicator of the market/brand value of UConn.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
This is dumb and holds no value to Notre Dame, except, possibly, if they want to get out of the ACC football scheduling obligations. They want the east coast exposure and that comes from either league.

The truly weird realignment story I saw today involved Hockey East. Even more stupid.

Good Lord. I just was reading some twitter responses to the USHO article. Makes people here seem rational.

Reaction Score
The twitterati will light up the ether about almost anything...

Their entire thought process:

"Uh...nothing much going conference realignment wise to get clicks on...guess I'll pull up the old standby and spin something about Notre Dame."

Reaction Score

now that's a great CR take. only 4 of the Hockey East schools are also in the America East conference and it would be a demotion for the rest with the exception of maybe only Merrimack

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
These articles are dumb. The reactions are dumber.

Would the Big East be better with Notre Dame? No question. They have a nationwide following.

Would Notre Dame move to the Big East? No. They have an agreement with the ACC that likely pays them more than the Big East can offer and there’s no incentive to untangle themselves from that because they got a few bad calls against Florida State.

I don’t think the Hockey East story is a realignment story. I think it’s more about administration of the current conference. In any event, I though the article was a little bit weak on fact and long on speculation.

Reaction Score

I heard this before and I think it has to do with NCAA rules. Single sports leagues don’t get voting rights at the NCAA so HEA might not get its voice heard if there are issues where only the B10 and ECAC GET actual votes. The ECAC has some kind of status apparently.

Reaction Score
I doubt they would expand since a 20 game conference schedule works perfectly with 11 teams but Dayton has been mentioned and ND would also make sense.
Dayton...let's do it. I'd prefer adding Gonzaga and St Mary's though but that doesn't make geographic sense

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Notre Dame's contract with the ACC goes until 2036 I believe? They get a good conference for their teams and football retains its Independence and only has to schedule 5 ACC teams a year. This whole conversation is about a fictional character.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
These articles are dumb. The reactions are dumber.

Would the Big East be better with Notre Dame? No question. They have a nationwide following.

Would Notre Dame move to the Big East? No. They have an agreement with the ACC that likely pays them more than the Big East can offer and there’s no incentive to untangle themselves from that because they got a few bad calls against Florida State.

I don’t think the Hockey East story is a realignment story. I think it’s more about administration of the current conference. In any event, I though the article was a little bit weak on fact and long on speculation.

Notre Dame to the Big East now all but assured.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom