Funny Story | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Funny Story

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This thread IS the funny story
Chief's gonna be mad at me for derailing his post.

There is rarely a need to ruin a joke by telling everyone what is the joke. Just roll with it. Those who get it will get it without being told they're getting it.

And those who don't get it won't get it even when they're told what they've been getting.

Reaction Score
Im looking to relocate to northern Vt, NH, or Maine. I'm told each will tax the hell out of me unless I relocate full time. My plan was to buy, and operate my purchase as a short term rental until I am ready to permanently relocate. On a short term basis this may be doable. But trying to summer up north and rent the rest of the year isn't in my budget.
What impact will this have on game attendance?!

Reaction Score
Watching some WBB shows with Geno and his 1995 team. Funny story how the women’s and men’s team chartered together to Kansas. The women won but the men lost. So the women couldn’t celebrate on the charter home, since the men lost. The last time the two teams chartered together LOL. Thinking of Calhoun on the charter home.

As to funny stories - this was my recap of running around Iowa trying to find the Kansas game on TV in 1995...

C

Chief00

There is rarely a need to ruin a joke by telling everyone what is the joke. Just roll with it. Those who get it will get it without being told they're getting it.

And those who don't get it won't get it even when they're told what they've been getting.
So true, and anyone who doesn't understand the Geno/Jim dynamic by now - never will.
Jim sitting on a UConn plane after a bad loss and someone else celebrating a WBB victory on that plane - would not be a recipe for harmony - LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

His first sentence makes if pretty clear that he was watching the Undefeated series. Unless you thought that mid-season Geno and the 1995 sat down to watch some WBB shows which Chief.

FWIW, I love these shows. They are hysterical. Just a group of friends getting together. Some funny stuff, like Kara Wolters using tanning products before TV games and Jamelle Elliot picking up her (orange) towel and going what the (heck?), this ain't my towel. That's great stuff.

Or Nykesha Sales reaction when Geno told her she was playing point after Jen Rizzotti picked up her 2nd 1str half foul "What?! You know I ain't got a left hand!" Really funny stuff.
True, I open with where I got this funny story from, that has now gone viral. Yet, it doesn’t stop all these conspiracy theories about its origins. Such is the life of Chief.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
His first sentence makes if pretty clear that he was watching the Undefeated series. Unless you thought that mid-season Geno and the 1995 sat down to watch some WBB shows which Chief.

FWIW, I love these shows. They are hysterical. Just a group of friends getting together. Some funny stuff, like Kara Wolters using tanning products before TV games and Jamelle Elliot picking up her (orange) towel and going what the (heck?), this ain't my towel. That's great stuff.

Or Nykesha Sales reaction when Geno told her she was playing point after Jen Rizzotti picked up her 2nd 1str half foul "What?! You know I ain't got a left hand!" Really funny stuff.
Good to know. I watched the end of the women's game last night and saw that was next on SNY and I opted for the end of the Knicks game instead.

Shockingly, they won; but it was not the most riveting television.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So true, and anyone who doesn't understand the Geno/Jim dynamic by now - never will.
Jim sitting on a UConn plane after a bad loss and someone else celebrating a WBB victory on that plane - would not be a recipe for harmony - LOL.
Because I'm so sure JC and the men would have done likewise had the tables been turned. And if they had, I doubt they would have described the situation as LOL.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good to know. I watched the end of the women's game last night and saw that was next on SNY and I opted for the end of the Knicks game instead.

Shockingly, they won; but it was not the most riveting television.
They are worth it. Pretty sure they are up on tcf's page.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
A true sign of a great story teller. They interweave mundane with intricate details allowing the reader to feel like they were there.
A similar technique used by an English accented undercover cop to ingratiate oneself with a jewel theft ring who use colors for surnames in their alias.

C

Chief00

Because I'm so sure JC and the men would have done likewise had the tables been turned. And if they had, I doubt they would have described the situation as LOL.

I don’t think Jim would have cared what they thought. LOL

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Swimming pool, hot tub, beach house, lake house, Manhattan apartment, pool table...
I'd rather own the pool too...and I do.

I will say that I will never put one in. At least an inground variety. A pool does not affect the value of a home, and it would take forever to recoup the investment. so my druthers is that the property already have one. There is a preconceived notion that they take hours and a fortune to maintain and, frankly, many realtors are lazy.

C

Chief00

It was great sharing a funny, laugh out loud story to get everyone in a good natured holiday mood. Now, Chief turns his focus to DePaul at 9pm and another edition of the popular game Briefs.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Why would they tax you differently? In NH there is no income tax. Property tax will be very high. Vermont property tax varies quite a bit by town, we paid just over $2k in Rochester, but a place like Stowe would be high. Highly recommend Brandon as an up and coming town in Vermont. Vermont has a graduated income tax. Maine income tax rates seem fairly high too. Don't know anything about property tax there.

The main tax cost of snow-birding would tend to be property tax on two homes. Income tax would be split based on time in each state. NH would be a bad place to snow-bird from. I've been considering whether I want to spend bigger money to retire to the MA coast (Cape maybe) or to get a smaller place and also something like a condo in New Orleans for winter. Will need to see where my daughter ends up.

I'm talking property tax.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If the $10k SALT deduction cap goes away, that will be a factor too. Chief took a bath on that the last couple years.

Bath salts are worse than SALT baths.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Knowing Geno - he was celebrating with his smirk every time JC looked his way
AND LOVING IT
Knowing JC, he probably wanted to get up and smack it right off Geno's face

Thanks Chief00

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors