Funny Diamond Stone Story | The Boneyard

Funny Diamond Stone Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He picked Maryland over us. lol so funny, what an idiot.

#JulyTrollPost

Reaction Score
Here's an interesting "argument". With Stone potentially being a one-and-done player are we better off he didn't come here though? Why you say - because if he did come here our front court may have looked different to Shonn Miller and he more than likely wouldn't be in Storrs. Now is the 5th year player a better option for the Huskies considering his experience, his ability to play in more spots on both ends of the court and his athletic ability? I know we don't know the answer but I will predict the answer is YES. It may have worked out better but we will see.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Here's an interesting "argument". With Stone potentially being a one-and-done player are we better off he didn't come here though? Why you say - because if he did come here our front court may have looked different to Shonn Miller and he more than likely wouldn't be in Storrs. Now is the 5th year player a better option for the Huskies considering his experience, his ability to play in more spots on both ends of the court and his athletic ability? I know we don't know the answer but I will predict the answer is YES. It may have worked out better but we will see.

For what we need out of the 4, I'll take the 5th year versatile senior over the gifted freshman every time. Case and Point AD.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
inb4 "Drummond was the worst basketball player to ever don a UConn uniform"

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've felt that way since we landed Miller. Miller is complementary player who will play alongside Amida, at the 4; pretty sure Stone plans on playing the 5, which means he would have displaced Amida. As we saw with AO/AD, that does not bode particularly well for team chemistry.

Reaction Score
I've felt that way since we landed Miller. Miller is complementary player who will play alongside Amida, at the 4; pretty sure Stone plans on playing the 5, which means he would have displaced Amida. As we saw with AO/AD, that does not bode particularly well for team chemistry.

And if they played together it would have potentially slowed them down. This team has the ability to run a lot more than many of recent teams.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
inb4 "Drummond was the worst basketball player to ever don a UConn uniform"
Yeah, to get ahead of that, I'm not saying AD wasn't good for us. I'm saying for every freak athletic thing he did there was a possession where he was out of position defensively or not blocking out. I'd take another AD tomorrow. First player to start a team around? Give me stone. Last player to complete the team we have? Miller.

Reaction Score
IIRC there was an article when Miller committed about KO's pursuit of him. Even when KO was recruiting the summer circuits last year he would give a shoutout to the Cornell HC about Miller, letting him know he wanted him at UConn for his 5th year. Seems like KO wanted both Miller and Stone on this team. Would've been interesting to see how he could've made it work, but I can't complain how it ended up.

C

Chief00

Yeah, to get ahead of that, I'm not saying AD wasn't good for us. I'm saying for every freak athletic thing he did there was a possession where he was out of position defensively or not blocking out. I'd take another AD tomorrow. First player to start a team around? Give me stone. Last player to complete the team we have? Miller.
It's called being a Freshman.

Reaction Score
Because there are no new pizza places and no new beers in Connecticut?
Yeah but my poison ivy returned with a vengeance. Searching for my thread to update (doctors, dermatologist and a bunch of meds).

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Stone was the better option regardless so long as he lived up to expectations. If he leaves after a year for the NBA we are in better shape for future elite recruits who will see what a great place UConn is to leave early from, or so I've been told. Big loss for future recruiting. Miller only confirms to recruits that UConn is a place where 5th year flops go to die even if they help us to win an NC. Silly us. I'm going to follow the Terrapin board.

Reaction Score
Stone was the better option regardless so long as he lived up to expectations. If he leaves after a year for the NBA we are in better shape for future elite recruits who will see what a great place UConn is to leave early from, or so I've been told. Big loss for future recruiting. Miller only confirms to recruits that UConn is a place where 5th year flops go to die even if they help us to win an NC. Silly us. I'm going to follow the Terrapin board.
I see what you did there. ;^)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Maturity never hurts around here. Just a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom