Funny Coach K stuff | The Boneyard

Funny Coach K stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
K comes off poorly here. Admonishing Brooks for poor sportsmanship is a bad look and his lying about it post game is even stranger.

Did he miss what his DB Grayson did at the end of the game?
He pushed Brooks away from him as Brooks tried to show some sportsmanship
And don't give me crap about that shot that Brooks hit as shot clock ran out - it wasn't a layup or a drunk - it was a bomb that happened to go in
Screw the Rat

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
K comes off poorly here. Admonishing Brooks for poor sportsmanship is a bad look and his lying about it post game is even stranger.

The admonishing doesn't nearly bother me as much as the flat out lying about it does for some reason. I expect that sore loser to admonish the kid but to then turn around and lie about it? Maybe it's dog track time for K.

Reaction Score

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
yes K, that's real class you exhibited there

idiot

Reaction Score
If it were my player I would have preferred he take the violation in that situation rather than shoot, and not bang his chest and woof at the Duke bench after it went in. But if someone else's player did that to my team I would not in a million years - I hope - have a talk with him about sportsmanship in the handshake line.

Bottom line is you coach your own team, not someone else's. If I were Altman I would have had words with K over that.

Reaction Score
The best part about Coach K, the thing I always remember every time I see his little ratface on the TV, is how he's looks just like a funeral director after every time Uconn beats him in the tournament. It's like he's going from one parlor to another, consoling the grieving, mechanically embracing the kids like he doesn't want to wrinkle his suit, giving monotone platitudes in the sitting room. Just precious!

Reaction Score
If it were my player I would have preferred he take the violation in that situation rather than shoot, and not bang his chest and woof at the Duke bench after it went in. But if someone else's player did that to my team I would not in a million years - I hope - have a talk with him about sportsmanship in the handshake line.

Bottom line is you coach your own team, not someone else's. If I were Altman I would have had words with K over that.

Altman took the high road and said he told him to shoot it so as to not take another turnover. Doubt it's true but no matter, as you said I would speak to K and tell him to worry about his house and not mine.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

Agreed. A word to the Ducks coach might be appropriate but really, how important is it? Just a poor loser. Talk to your own team. Wah Wah.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Altman took the high road and said he told him to shoot it so as to not take another turnover. Doubt it's true but no matter, as you said I would speak to K and tell him to worry about his house and not mine.

I don't have a problem with a player jacking a 30 footer as the shot clock is expiring. If he went and did a 360 slam or off the back board dunk I'd be ticked off a bit.

I don't think there's anything in the code book that says you have to turn the ball over with 8 seconds left.

Next time this happens, I guess you hand it off to Allen so he can dribble it out?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Did he miss what his DB Grayson did at the end of the game?
He pushed Brooks away from him as Brooks tried to show some sportsmanship
And don't give me crap about that shot that Brooks hit as shot clock ran out - it wasn't a layup or a drunk - it was a bomb that happened to go in
Screw the Rat

Having watched the video, I don't see Brooks showing sportsmanship. I see him taunting Allen.

If someone hit a meaningless 3 at the end of a game they had in the bag and then tried to alpha-hug me, it'd be hard to stop myself from clocking him.

I'll call Allen out for tripping FOUR guys this year but I don't blame him for pushing that away

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Having watched the video, I don't see Brooks showing sportsmanship. I see him taunting Allen.

If someone hit a meaningless 3 at the end of a game they had in the bag and then tried to alpha-hug me, it'd be hard to stop myself from clocking him.

I'll call Allen out for tripping FOUR guys this year but I don't blame him for pushing that away

That's your opinion of what you saw and how you would react
I saw it different and after playing sports up through the collegiate level as well as 30 yrs of coaching from U-8 to Olympic Development - I expect more from my players
The shot was debatable - again not a in your face dunk -
Maybe they are both dbags but pushing someone away and thinking of choking someone is a bit too far

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

Karma is a bitch

Reaction Score
The irony is coach k would be the FIRST coach to confront an opposing coach about approaching a player in this manner, he would puff out his chest etc and side with his players. Just a sore loser

Reaction Score
Maybe, but Brooks is an idiot and Altman a clown, why shoot that even, people complain when teams pass when up big. Same idea.

Yes, Allen is dirty, so that's the irony.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I respect him when he's wearing USA, but not dook.
I feel the same way. For some reason I do like him with the USA team. Remember, he coaches for relationships.

Reaction Score
Barkley brought up the coach K incident from last night to say it shows how classy K is that he would take the time after a tough loss to teach a kid from the other team on how to play the right way and that coach k is a credit to the sport of college basketball. Said K didn't admit to what he said in the press conference because he must have wanted his teaching moment to be private with the kid, the panelists agreed with him. I promise I'm not making this up.

Reaction Score
It's first glance it almost looked like brooks was upset the ball went in.

Edit: just watched it again and he definitely enjoyed that one a bit.

Reaction Score
Barkley brought up the coach K incident from last night to say it shows how classy K is that he would take the time after a tough loss to teach a kid from the other team on how to play the right way and that coach k is a credit to the sport of college basketball. Said K didn't admit to what he said in the press conference because he must have wanted his teaching moment to be private with the kid, the panelists agreed with him. I promise I'm not making this up.

I see Sir Charles has polished K's knob to a fine mirror-like shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom