Fun To Read, But Is This Our SI Cover? | The Boneyard

Fun To Read, But Is This Our SI Cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You heard it here first: UConn will not lose again until Geno retires

Psst. Come in a little closer. Got a secret for you. Sometimes, we Lords Of The Laptop write things just to instigate. Provoke. And then sit back and chuckle at the (over)reaction. No, really. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.

And so, yes, this is going to sound like provocation. Or baloney. But it's not. This I truly believe:

The UConn women aren't going to lose again while Geno Auriemma is coaching them.

Ever.

Reaction Score

Psst. Come in a little closer. Got a secret for you. Sometimes, we Lords Of The Laptop write things just to instigate. Provoke. And then sit back and chuckle at the (over)reaction. No, really. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.

And so, yes, this is going to sound like provocation. Or baloney. But it's not. This I truly believe:

The UConn women aren't going to lose again while Geno Auriemma is coaching them.

Ever.
Thanks for posting this. I don't hear much from DiMauro these days, although I do live in N.Carolina now. Always enjoyed him.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
He's threatening mojo like no other, but he makes some good points.

Reaction Score

Ever.

Didn't Geno just say that UConn is going to lose a game this year ?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Love this:

"Dead serious here. This streak, which will reach 89 Wednesday night when the Huskies inhale poor East Carolina, isn't going to end until Auriemma birdies 18."

Ha! That says it pretty well. Ha!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Talk about setting the bar...

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It's not like I haven't been thinking everything he's said.

Reaction Score
My first thought was I want some of whatever Rockys on - it must be some good s###. Then my greed factor kicked in. If he is right think of the odds I could get in Vegas. So I had the Swami cast Genos horoscope - It foretold 10 NC rings on Genos fingers and 10 NC rings on Genos toes ( 10+10=20) and a basketball tattoo with the # 1415 on it. Thats good enough for me - Vegas here I come

Reaction Score
My first thought was I want some of whatever Rockys on - it must be some good s###. Then my greed factor kicked in. If he is right think of the odds I could get in Vegas. So I had the Swami cast Genos horoscope - It foretold 10 NC rings on Genos fingers and 10 NC rings on Genos toes ( 10+10=20) and a basketball tattoo with the # 1415 on it. Thats good enough for me - Vegas here I come

Sorry, no basketball tattoo. You know the team policy.

Anyway here's an article from last year that would be anti-Jinx (?) and restore the mojo:
The UConn Women’s Basketball Dynasty Is Over

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hmm, maybe it's best to get through this year before we worry about the next.... and so on.

Reaction Score
He's threatening mojo like no other, but he makes some good points.
VERY IMPORTANT!! We have for over a year ignored the MOJO POISON. It DOES exist and it is WATCHING! Please be careful.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
VERY IMPORTANT!! We have for over a year ignored the MOJO POISON. It DOES exist and it is WATCHING! Please be careful.
Not true. The Mojo gods have been appeased since the very beginning of the season. Please consult the score prediction thread for each game and within you will find a prediction which thoroughly appeases the Mojo gods.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Ever.
Hmmmm sounds like TonyC got himself a new job. (or competition)

Reaction Score
They will lose. Even Dan Gable lost in his last match. Nobody's perfect, although they come awfully close.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Sorry, no basketball tattoo. You know the team policy.

Anyway here's an article from last year that would be anti-Jinx (?) and restore the mojo:
The UConn Women’s Basketball Dynasty Is Over

upload_2017-1-4_11-10-26.png

Safe to say that Slate article was built on some flawed assumptions

If they get through this year unscathed, it's hard to see where they will stumble in the future. But nobody saw that loss at Stanford coming, either.

Sagarin makes UConn a 1-point favorite over Baylor at a neutral site. Massey likes UConn better and makes UConn a 6-point favorite but gives Baylor a 31% chance to win.

Assuming they beat South Carolina (83% chance, per Massey), the NCAA tournament will be no cakewalk, especially a potential neutral-site rematch with Baylor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Bum Phillips quote had me in stitches ....I can picture him saying his'n and your'n and I could not stop laughing.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
View attachment 18239

If they get through this year unscathed, it's hard to see where they will stumble in the future. But nobody saw that loss at Stanford coming, either.

Sagarin makes UConn a 1-point favorite over Baylor at a neutral site. Massey likes UConn better and makes UConn a 6-point favorite but gives Baylor a 31% chance to win.

Assuming they beat South Carolina (83% chance, per Massey), the NCAA tournament will be no cakewalk, especially a potential neutral-site rematch with Baylor.
The article was also written 27 days before Azura' Stevens decided to transfer to UCONN which IMO was more significant than the Walker signing.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
View attachment 18239

Probably it's biggest flaw....John Bronsteen is a law professor at Loyola University Chicago. (writing about women's BB???)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The article was also written 27 days before Azura' Stevens decided to transfer to UCONN which IMO was more significant than the Walker signing.

Good point.

Both are highly significant - (my significance meter is how much I groan at the news; I groaned plentifully in each case).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom