Fun Paige / Azzi Video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fun Paige / Azzi Video

Reaction Score
If UConn was the sure landing spot for Fudd as many seem to think, why hasn't she committed? We already have players committed that are younger than she is.
Maybe she committed but just didn’t make it public. It’s really not our business when/how she commits. Everyone is different. We get too caught up into these kids personal lives it’s a shame. Whenever/whatever she decides, we’ll just have to wait until the time comes!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One other telling moment (to me) in that video- at one point Azzi's Dad mentions something about calling Geno - and he said it quickly and without reservation. My sense is he's very comfortable in talking with Geno and would probably love further developing that relationship in the future.
I understand that the family has a great relationship with Geno. That is not a problem in the least. I hope other things--whatever they may be--are sufficient to get Azzi to decide on UConn.

Reaction Score
If UConn was the sure landing spot for Fudd as many seem to think, why hasn't she committed? We already have players committed that are younger than she is.
Maybe because she's in no rush and doesn't feel the need. And quite possibly, the coach where she's going already knows. None of the schools recruiting her are going to rush her, they can wait for probably the best guard in the country next year. Do you remember when Williams and ONO publicly committed?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Second only to my general belief that recruits don’t pick a school just because that’s where their friends go, is my belief that recruits don’t pick ND just because they went to a catholic HS. I heard that same argument about Haley Jones who attended Archbishop Mitty, and as we all know, she didn’t end up at ND. I would also point out that Lou went to Mater Dei, another Catholic HS, and ND wasn’t even a factor in her final decision.

IMO, far more important to Azzi and her parents than the Catholic affiliation of St Johns Prep, is the academic excellence it offers. That’s why I view Stanford as UConn’s major competition.

In addition, I don’t think ND will be all the way back next year. The Irish will certainly be better, but I believe that Azzi wants to step into a situation where she can compete for championships, and ND doesn’t necessarily fit the bill.
I agree that elite players don't choose a college because their friends go there, but if the kids both value and seek the same things--which can be part of the basis for their friendship--their decisions may be the same. The school that best meets the needs of one may also be the school that best meets the need of the other. I believe that may well be true for Paige and Azzi with regard to UConn.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Are there recent reports linking her to SC, ND & MD?
I don't know.

Maryland has the benefit of being the local school and allowing her friends and family to watch Azzi in person. Their arena is very nice, the roster is loaded, and Brenda is an accomplished coach.

Azzi has been to N.D. to support her friend Sam Brunelle. She also attends the same prep school that Marissa Coleman (Maryland) and Lindsay Allen (N.D.) attended.

South Carolina has the obvious attractions of Dawn, the current USA Coach, recent success, a loaded roster, and great attendance.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maybe because she's in no rush and doesn't feel the need. And quite possibly, the coach where she's going already knows. None of the schools recruiting her are going to rush her, they can wait for probably the best guard in the country next year. Do you remember when Williams and ONO publicly committed?
Liv, Christyn, and Megan all committed/announced at school and online during the early signing period. For anyone who is counting, that's about 7-1/2 months away for Azzi's class.

I honestly think that Azzi has not decided, as she publicly says. She may be leaning, but I think she is still open. I wonder if she would even tell Paige early, for fear that Paige would blab it to the world.

The more I see their personalities, the more I think Azzi and Paige resemble Sue and Diana. That has worked pretty well, hasn't it? :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don't know.

Maryland has the benefit of being the local school and allowing her friends and family to watch Azzi in person. Their arena is very nice, the roster is loaded, and Brenda is an accomplished coach.

Azzi has been to N.D. to support her friend Sam Brunelle. She also attends the same prep school that Marissa Coleman (Maryland) and Lindsay Allen (N.D.) attended.

South Carolina has the obvious attractions of Dawn, the current USA Coach, recent success, a loaded roster, and great attendance.
All true, but other than the one visit to ND, I don’t see much contact with the other programs. At the same time, Azzi was back again in Storrs for this year’s UConn-ND game, sitting with Paige, Amari & Caroline Ducharme, while the Huskies were pummeled SB & the Irish. In the recent video of a day in the life of Azzi, Tim Fudd talks about Geno like they’re best buddies. Maybe it’s just wishful thinking on my part, but I’m just not feelin the love for MM & ND.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She attended the Maryland/South Carolina game last November.
OK. That’s something. About an hour drive to College Park. Call me crazy, but I just don’t see either school in Azzi’s future unless it’s as an opponent.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Second only to my general belief that recruits don’t pick a school just because that’s where their friends go, is my belief that recruits don’t pick ND just because they went to a catholic HS. I heard that same argument about Haley Jones who attended Archbishop Mitty, and as we all know, she didn’t end up at ND. I would also point out that Lou went to Mater Dei, another Catholic HS, and ND wasn’t even a factor in her final decision.

IMO, far more important to Azzi and her parents than the Catholic affiliation of St Johns Prep, is the academic excellence it offers. That’s why I view Stanford as UConn’s major competition.

In addition, I don’t think ND will be all the way back next year. The Irish will certainly be better, but I believe that Azzi wants to step into a situation where she can compete for championships, and ND doesn’t necessarily fit the bill.
All excellent points you've made...with no "buts" on my part.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The question I see isn't why hasn't she committed, but why do so few commit so early.

Reaction Score
Liv, Christyn, and Megan all committed/announced at school and online during the early signing period. For anyone who is counting, that's about 7-1/2 months away for Azzi's class.

I honestly think that Azzi has not decided, as she publicly says. She may be leaning, but I think she is still open. I wonder if she would even tell Paige early, for fear that Paige would blab it to the world.

The more I see their personalities, the more I think Azzi and Paige resemble Sue and Diana. That has worked pretty well, hasn't it? :)
I wasn’t surprised at all to learn how early Auriemma initiated the relationship with Bueckers and her family. I believe he’s done the same with Fudd and hers as well. I’m not concerned about the timing of her commitment, they all have their own way that they’d like to experience it.

Reaction Score
She seems like a very intelligent young lady. I think that her family's imput will be very important. They, as mom and dad, will look at each school with her academic needs first and basketball second. They will also want her in a program that is close knit and where the staff truly cares about the person before the player. That puts Uconn in a good position.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She seems like a very intelligent young lady. I think that her family's imput will be very important. They, as mom and dad, will look at each school with her academic needs first and basketball second. They will also want her in a program that is close knit and where the staff truly cares about the person before the player. That puts Uconn in a good position.
For many of the same reasons, I feel the hometown school in College Park may come up short. While Brenda frequently talks about the “family atmosphere” at MD, the revolving door for top recruits transferring out certainly has to be of concern to Azzi’s family.

Reaction Score
Can you point me to something on MD & SC, I.e. campus or coaching visits?
Made an UO visit to South Carolina in Oct. ‘18.
4E9C6CE2-B7EB-40E3-BD48-66F04AD4FE66.jpeg

Reaction Score
I am truly amazed. I posted a short, fun video for people to enjoy, and now people are replying with in depth psychological insights into the mind of a high school basketball player. No one knows what will impact Azzi's decision as to where and when she will commit. Yet we get all kinds of "expert" opinions about the process and end result. Like everyone else, I hope she chooses UConn, but I admit I have no idea and no insight into her thinking. And neither do any of you. :)
Still, I hope you are having fun with your in depth analysis.... lol

Reaction Score
I am truly amazed. I posted a short, fun video for people to enjoy, and now people are replying with in depth psychological insights into the mind of a high school basketball player. No one knows what will impact Azzi's decision as to where and when she will commit. Yet we get all kinds of "expert" opinions about the process and end result. Like everyone else, I hope she chooses UConn, but I admit I have no idea and no insight into her thinking. And neither do any of you. :)
Still, I hope you are having fun with your in depth analysis.... lol
Ct. one of the purposes of the Boneyard is precisely for people to share their insights on players, those on Uconn and those on other teams, coaches, and programs, both ours and our opponents. Thats the fun of it.

Reaction Score
For many of the same reasons, I feel the hometown school in College Park may come up short. While Brenda frequently talks about the “family atmosphere” at MD, the revolving door for top recruits transferring out certainly has to be of concern to Azzi’s family.
Speaking of revolving door... have you seen the list of transfers from Geno's family atmosphere? The transfers are so numerous that we're not even having a senior day next year when we should be honoring four graduating players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom