Fun interview with Prez - Daily Campus | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Fun interview with Prez - Daily Campus

Reaction Score
This kid is the absolute worst. I've seen him at games and boy does he get me boiling. He thought he was the man trying to run the student section but nobody cares about him. He clearly had an agenda and she dismissed this fool with answers that obviously weren't great because of the way he was treating her. Get this bum outta here

C

Chief00

I wonder how disappointed Calhoun would be if he knew how much you lied.

Your silly and erroneous name calling isn't very becoming. You don't handle diverse opinions well.

I will say that Calhoun and I have a different opinion of Susan. She signs Jim's check and was fairly supportive of him when the NCAA thing went down - and his loyalty I think is derived from that. Because we view her differently doesn't make either one of us a lier.

I also disagree with you that a University President owes nothing to the students. They or their parents pay the school a lot of money and , in my view, are a stakeholder and a constituency that the President needs to be responsive to. That doesn't mean she should give into every student demand but she should in general listen and be open to the possibility the students might have something of value to share.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Wow! I don't care how much of a pain the kid is. She is supposed to be professional to her students. And, yes students are the focus of her job.

The kid wasn't even pressing her He seemed like a bad reporter,but that is not the point. A high school principal would not get away with that, never mind a $750,000 professional educator. At best, she was annoyed with a difficult student and she let it get to her. Worse yet, it was someone she knew was a member of the press.

Reaction Score
Only met the kid a few times around campus, but I thought it was just me who didn't like the kid. Apparently not though since he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way

Reaction Score
It's not a president's job to be a buddy or a babysitter or "acknowledge" students any of that bull crap.
C'mon, of course a university President's expected to placate all of the twits in a 30K+ population and to host tea and crumpet luncheons for the whiniest of whiners. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I understand criticisms of her, but I can look BEYOND them to say she is working 24-7 on 2 main probs a P5 conference and our endowment.She is in the upper echelon of "turkeys" we have had as Number 1.:):):):)
The endowment I don't doubt but the other I'm not so sure. Evidence?

Reaction Score
Alum, Herbst is great. STEM deserves attention because that is where the future is, not the psychology B.A. Kids.
Why is it bad to have hurt feelings with this new generation? It isn't high school and she isn't Mr belding from saved by the bell here to drop by. Grow up and change things yourself.

Last edited:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Herbst is a good president.
I, personally, wouldn't give this kid the time of day either. Can't stand him.

Reaction Score
She is working as many back channels as she can on the p5 stuff. Those close to the scene know this. Widely talked about in the Courant and talk radio also. We missed the boat on the ACC but Louisville's FB and Mitch McConnell did us in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom