FUN HYPOTHETICAL: Could Louisville have beaten us for a 4th time? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FUN HYPOTHETICAL: Could Louisville have beaten us for a 4th time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I call a toss up. It did not escape Louisville fans that your second half against us in the Final saw more success for you. And the poster who said Pitino tries never to take his foot off the pedal is right. He wants 100% effort, 100% of the time. To me, the real improvements came with your bigs.

Reaction Score
No because to play us a 4th time they woulda had to beat KY which they could not and did not do. We did.

Reaction Score
UK had UL's number. UL and SMU were nighmare matchup's for us. Still we took out two of odds on favorites to win the whole thing in Florida and Michigan State. Kentucky was the preseason favorite. Like someone else said, glad we didn't play them, because some of their success against us is clearly mental.

caw

Reaction Score
In general it wasn't a good matchup. They were susceptible I bigger guards who had finishers down low. UConn didn't have that. Obviously they couldn't bet UK and I doubt they would have beaten MSU, or UF this year either. ISU would have been a tossup.

I've said all year this was a very deep year in college ball. Lots of very good teams, but no really dominate one. UConn struggled this year against very good defenses with HOF/very good coaches and small/quick guards. There weren't a ton of teams like that in the tournament. UL and WSU were the two teams that scared me the most in the tournament. UL wasn't more talented than UConn but they were a horrible matchup.

Last year was two or three very good teams and a bunch of mediocre teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom