Fuller: Three Recruits at tomorrow's game | The Boneyard

Fuller: Three Recruits at tomorrow's game

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Joining Sadie Edwards will be Taylor Rooks (2014 W, NJ) who was recently named NJ Gatorade POY and Gabby Williams (2014 G, NV).

Rooks had a great year for Gill St Bernard HS and is being recruited by Stanford, Michigan, Harvard, Princeton and others. Obviously a smart kid.

Gabby Williams is the outstanding high jumper whose stock as a basketball player took off during the past year. She tore her acl (and meniscus) earlier this year. Her injury sounds like Kalana's. Ugh.

Reaction Score
Exciting news...thanks UConnCat!!!

Here is the FullCourt profile on Taylor Rooks, a 6'1" athletic W. Taylor is ranked at #31. She plays on Sadie Edwards' Epiphanny Prince Elite AAU team.

For those who may not have seen it when Gabby was initially brought up, here is her ESPN profile. She is ranked as the #8 prospect, #2 at her position.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Joining Sadie Edwards will be Taylor Rooks (2014 W, NJ) who was recently named NJ Gatorade POY and Gabby Williams (2014 G, NV).

Rooks had a great year for Gill St Bernard HS and is being recruited by Stanford, Michigan, Harvard, Princeton and others. Obviously a smart kid.

Gabby Williams is the outstanding high jumper whose stock as a basketball player took off during the past year. She tore her acl (and meniscus) earlier this year. Her injury sounds like Kalana's. Ugh.
Hadn't heard about Rooks and UCONN before. This is a new one.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Hadn't heard about Rooks and UCONN before. This is a new one.

Fuller reports that Geno was impressed with her game against Christ The King and Calhoun. Rooks scored 34 and Calhoun put up 35. Rooks has a college-ready body with a lot of potential.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Rooks is a new name to me. Interesting!

I'm happy that Gabby Williams came all the way from Reno. I wonder if her injury will affect her high jumping and Olympic dreams. How good was she? One of the best in the nation at age 15, I believe.

Let's put on a good show for the recruits! Be LOUD!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And Lexi Gussert from Michigan is on our radar.

She averaged 32, 11, 5, 4, and 4. Class D POY. Also plays VB and golf.

There's a YouTube video of her scoring 32 in a half: 3-pointers, turn-around jumpers, taking it into the lane, using her left hand. Looks like Ekmark a little to me.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Gabby had a complete ACL tear and partial meniscus tear. Total time for recovery and rehab: 50 weeks. Keep at it, Gabby!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Fuller reports that Geno was impressed with her game against Christ The King and Calhoun. Rooks scored 34 and Calhoun put up 35. Rooks has a college-ready body with a lot of potential.
Sounds good to me.

Reaction Score
Michigan fan here. The Michigan coaches have been pursuing Taylor Rooks for some time, so it's interesting to see UConn getting involved now. Obviously, for me, it validates how good a player she is, while also meaning that the Michigan coaches are up against some tough competition here.

The main reason for my post, however, was to provide a bit more about Lexi Gussert. The Detroit News just a couple days ago named their Dream Team (top five players in the state) for the just-concluded season and included Gussert on it. Their squib on her included a list of her offers:

Gussert averaged 32.5 points, 11 rebounds, five assists, four steals and three blocks as Forest Park finished 23-2 and reached the Class D quarterfinals. She scored 50 in one game. Gussart has been offered scholarships by Tennessee, Michigan State, Illinois and Marquette.
I was surprised not to see Green Bay listed, as it's long been reported that Gussert has an offer from them as well. Crystal Falls is in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, which is where Kevin Borseth hails from, so she's right in both his and Green Bay's recruiting territory. Green Bay has seemed to be the favorite for her ever since Borseth's return there.

Reaction Score
Michigan fan here. The Michigan coaches have been pursuing Taylor Rooks for some time, so it's interesting to see UConn getting involved now. Obviously, for me, it validates how good a player she is, while also meaning that the Michigan coaches are up against some tough competition here.

The main reason for my post, however, was to provide a bit more about Lexi Gussert. The Detroit News just a couple days ago named their Dream Team (top five players in the state) for the just-concluded season and included Gussert on it. Their squib on her included a list of her offers:

I was surprised not to see Green Bay listed, as it's long been reported that Gussert has an offer from them as well. Crystal Falls is in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, which is where Kevin Borseth hails from, so she's right in both his and Green Bay's recruiting territory. Green Bay has seemed to be the favorite for her ever since Borseth's return there.

Its a post like this that adds so much to the board. Welcome on your 1st post and keep them comming.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'll be there and try to be loud. This is my first game this year, but I'm planning on the last 6.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I'll be there and try to be loud. This is my first game this year, but I'm planning on the last 6.

Milford! You deserted your DC brethren to go see the team in person??? How dare you!

:)

Hope you have a great time in CT

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Milford! You deserted your DC brethren to go see the team in person??? How dare you!

:)

Hope you have a great time in CT
On the 4th day of Spring, we have a snow-covered campus. Just like Maui. :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well the recruits are not only seeing a show, but also hopefully where they could fit in and help out. I hope they are visualizing how they can contribute to the team as they would be arriving when Hartley, Dolson, Faris, and Doty are all gone.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I saw Sadie Edwards after the game, about 4 rows behind the bench. I think at least one other recruit was with her--it was hard to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom