Fuller: KML adding to her game | The Boneyard

Fuller: KML adding to her game

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
It has even gotten to the point that when the team breaks off to work with position coaches during practice that Mosqueda-Lewis now goes to work with post coaches Chris Dailey and Marisa Moseley.

"I have been trying to tell CD and the other coaches that there is a middle player and it is called a forward so we need forwards, nobody else really seems to agree with me so I am working with the post (coaches) and I don't go to the guard side unless we are together. I used to (work with the guards) but I got cut off."

LINK

Reaction Score
"I definitely look at it as an opportunity to get better," Mosqueda-Lewis said. "I also am hoping that I don't forget my guard position."

Yeah, not likely!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It has even gotten to the point that when the team breaks off to work with position coaches during practice that Mosqueda-Lewis now goes to work with post coaches Chris Dailey and Marisa Moseley.

"I have been trying to tell CD and the other coaches that there is a middle player and it is called a forward so we need forwards, nobody else really seems to agree with me so I am working with the post (coaches) and I don't go to the guard side unless we are together. I used to (work with the guards) but I got cut off."
Kind of funny. I wonder if it's the coaches or players who do not agree with her!!

Reaction Score
I cannot wait to see this team next week on the west coast...........Is Stanford and its new offense ready for this UCONN team?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I cannot wait to see this team next week on the west coast......Is Stanford and its new offense ready for this UCONN team?
No. Particularly UConn's defense.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The problem with changing your offense is it takes time to learn and time to run during a game. I expect the Cardinal to be thinking about where they should be and what they should be doing and at times revert back to their comfort zone which is what they learned over the past 2-3 years. Think to much about execution against UConn and it wont be pretty.

Reaction Score

LINK
Clockwork Orange...no team will be able to run a man defense against this team...

And when the predictable zones appear, the long artillery will reduce them to ashes...

Last edited:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
About a week ago, I posted (during that heated discussion about where Gabby Williams should play), that Geno noticed that he has lots of guards (Moriah, Saniya, Sadie, Courtney, Kia, Tierney and Polly) and fewer forwards (Kiah, Stewie, Morgan, KML) so he sent Gabby over to practice with the "bigs" under Marisa's guidance. Seems this is the case with Kaleena, too.

Reaction Score
About a week ago, I posted (during that heated discussion about where Gabby Williams should play), that Geno noticed that he has lots of guards (Moriah, Saniya, Sadie, Courtney, Kia, Tierney and Polly) and fewer forwards (Kiah, Stewie, Morgan, KML) so he sent Gabby over to practice with the "bigs" under Marisa's guidance. Seems this is the case with Kaleena, too.
That's interesting, Kib. I had thought that Kaleena realized after being smothered on the wing that she had to be able to move inside and use her power, touch and coordination to keep contributing on the level she wanted to...instead of turning into a slightly better version of Maggie Lucas. I also thought she had picked that up by studying how Kelly was able to modify her game to meet whatever challenge she needed to step up against. Gabby strikes me as the next superb athlete that can adapt to whatever challenge confronts her...and now it's contributing immediately to a team that is thin in the post. With the exception of Kia...and she may be surprising us all...every post player can prosper on the periphery this year. With the ability of the people already on the periphery to attack the basket, I'm having a hard time game-planning to hold them in check...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom