Fuller: "About Ten Thousand Seats Available for Boise St" | The Boneyard

Fuller: "About Ten Thousand Seats Available for Boise St"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'm surprised there's that little left. I'm sure others will have different opinions, but given our results in the first 2 games, I expected very little attendance from here on out, barring a win streak.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I had 32,507 in the Boneyard pool. And I hate that I'm guessing that low.

Reaction Score
I had 32,507 in the Boneyard pool. And I hate that I'm guessing that low.

Unfortunately, my Price-is-Right inspired guess of "1" fan is looking pretty good right now...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not terribly surprising.

It's easier to #begharder to get people to show when they feel like they are getting something out of going... I really hope we get the W to build some hope and momentum.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I forget who suggested it but I'm beginning to think that the guy who suggested UCONN give complimentary tickets away with a "Power Conference Donation" is on to something. There are people who are priced out at $40/ticket and would only buy at the reduced $20 price often posted. Unfortunately, some of those people were turned off from buying $20 tickets again after they shelled out their Andrew Jacksons at the BYU game.

Reaction Score
That's 1000x10. Time to start playing to win games. Diaco's approach is not inspiring to the mainstream people.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am hoping for 35,000+ especially since the game is on ABC though out NE and the west coast. In other areas it will be on ESPN 2.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Everyone realizes, 30K coming off the past 3 seasons, a BYU Blowout and barely beating Stony Brook isn't that bad?

The fact that 30,000 people bought a ticket, are going to pay for parking, sit through another miserable game is honestly astonishing and a testament to our fans.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised there's that little left. I'm sure others will have different opinions, but given our results in the first 2 games, I expected very little attendance from here on out, barring a win streak.

I finally got my wife to go to a game with me this week. I bought season tickets only for the first year at the Rent when my UConn grad son was still in the area, but have not been able to attend regularly since then . I persuaded my wife by convincing her that now, more than ever, UConn and the student athletes on the team need our support. Also, I kind of laid a guilt trip at work on a young recent UCONN grad and sports fan when he told me he would not be attending any more games until the team gets better. He bought in and will also be attending the game.

Don't give up on the team and don't give up on the fans.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The fact that 30,000 people bought a ticket, are going to pay for parking, sit through another miserable game is honestly astonishing and a testament to our fans.

How do you know it's going to be miserable?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Im pleasantly surprised that it is only 10K left - however I dont know how well Boise travels.

:-(

Dooley

Reaction Score
There is no weather excuse. Will be perfect football weather.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Sold seats does not equal filled seats at the Rent. There are plenty of seats in my really good section that are "sold" but frequently go unoccupied. They are corporate owned in many cases and if the ticket can't be given away, the seat goes empty. Add unsold seats to sold but not used seats and you get the real picture. Last years at the Michigan game, the place was packed, even had to add 5000 seats, and there was way to much Maize and Blue in every section except the UConn band section. My son who went to UM had no trouble getting 8 tickets in a section that's better than the corner section reserved for the visiting team.

I agree that a fair number of "occupied" seats look vacant because of the way people can see the game from the concourse and at any given time there are at least a few thousand people wandering to the concessions or restrooms. But that's not really an attendance issue so much as an appearances thing.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The Stubhub and Ticket master sites do not support the premise of 10k unsold unless they are locked in someone's desk. Because as of a week ago they weren't on the market that I could see.

Reaction Score
The Stubhub and Ticket master sites do not support the premise of 10k unsold unless they are locked in someone's desk. Because as of a week ago they weren't on the market that I could see.

Huh...esplain please...

Reaction Score
Is there a promo code for reduced prices, I'd like to bring my kids Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom