Full schedule released | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Full schedule released

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Legit questions concerning You Tube tv. 1) Are the games watchable as they are playing?

2) Does You Tube tv carry both SNY and CBSSN?

3) Cost per month? Do I have to sign up for a full year?

That's 16 games right there. Huuuuuge. Can some kind soul let me know about this? A thousand thanks......T
I have Hulu TV, so I can't answer these entirely...
That being said, yes, you can watch live TV... so you can watch the games as they are played.
I'm fairly certain that it has CBSSN. I think it can have SNY but it depends on your zip code. You can check on their website.
Not sure on the cost, but all of those services are around $40-50 a month. Unless they're the odd man out, you can subscribe and unsubscribe at any time. I usually have a sub between September and April for college football and basketball, and then I take a few months off in the summer.

Hopefully someone who actually has YouTube TV can answer your questions. If Hulu had SNY, it would be perfect for me, but if I remember correctly, a lot of the SNY games can be streamed through Watch ESPN so that works too.

Reaction Score
That being said, yes, you can watch live TV... so you can watch the games as they are played.
I'm fairly certain that it has CBSSN. I think it can have SNY but it depends on your zip code. You can check on their website.
Not sure on the cost, but all of those services are around $40-50 a month. Unless they're the odd man out, you can subscribe and unsubscribe at any time. I usually have a sub between September and April for college football and basketball, and then I take a few months off in the summer.

Hopefully someone who actually has YouTube TV can answer your questions. If Hulu had SNY, it would be perfect for me, but if I remember correctly, a lot of the SNY games can be streamed through Watch ESPN so that works too.

Thank you very much NowInStorrs for taking a minute to help me out. Anyone else actually have You Tube tv and more info?

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I've had DirectTVNow since it was rolled out in early 2017. Got grandfathered into the Go Big package for $35/month (now $40). I'm in Fairfield County, and get CBSSN, all ESPN's, NBC Sports, MSG/MSG+, SNY, YES, Big10 & SEC networks. Plus NYC network affiliates. It's a steal, now around $80/month for new subscribers. They've worked out most of the kinks, although the DVR is occasionally unreliable. Cable customers in this area pay over $200 a month for a similar package.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
After last season's travel fiasco for Nov/Dec, had to like this from the Courant's article.

But UConn did avoid any long trips in nonconference play, and will not have to get on a plane before the first AAC game in Tampa, Fla., on Jan. 2.

Reaction Score
I've had DirectTVNow since it was rolled out in early 2017. Got grandfathered into the Go Big package for $35/month (now $40). I'm in Fairfield County, and get CBSSN, all ESPN's, NBC Sports, MSG/MSG+, SNY, YES, Big10 & SEC networks. Plus NYC network affiliates. It's a steal, now around $80/month for new subscribers. They've worked out most of the kinks, although the DVR is occasionally unreliable. Cable customers in this area pay over $200 a month for a similar package.

I have both YoutubeTV and directnow. I like YoutubeTV better .I feel like it doesn't big down and buffer as much as DTVnow .

As for channels and sports, I am pretty sure they carry those channels. I am in Indiana so I can't say for sure in CT, but I would think so.

Reaction Score
This is why games at Gampel are half empty nowadays. Who are students supposed to get excited about seeing? UMass Lowell? Manhattan?
They are supposed to get excited about seeing Uconn. The seats are half empty because the team stunk in the last couple years. When the team gets back to being a powerhouse, the place will sell out. Big screen TV, all games on the tube, expensive tickets and people struggling just to pay bills also don’t help attendance.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Finally after waiting for 6 years (or however long we've been in this darn conference...) the game @ Memphis is on a weekend so I'm definitely gonna be hitting that one up and checking the FedEx Forum off my list.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Legit questions concerning You Tube tv.
1) Are the games watchable as they are playing? Don't know but everything I've watched off of YouTube has been fine.

2)Does You Tube tv carry both SNY and CBSSN? Yep and pretty much any other sports channel you'd be interested in including NESN.

3) Cost per month? $40

4) Do I have to sign up for a full year? Pretty sure it is month to month.

Reaction Score
Based on what we know as of today (which to be honest is not too much) I think the season goes as follows:

1. Morehead St ---- W
2. UMKC --- W
3. Syracuse --- W (this one will be close, but having attended many games at the garden, UConn fans are a big factor)
4. Oregon --- L (Oregon will likely beat Iowa)
5. Cornell --- W
6. New Hampshire --- W
7. Umass-Lowell --- W
8. Arizona --- W (this is likely a down season for Arizona; lost a lot of talent and '18 class not like previous classes)
9. Lafayette --- W
10. Florida St. --- L (this should be a close game though)
11. Manhattan --- W
12. Drexel --- W
13. Villanova --- L
14. @USF --- W
15. UCF --- W
16. SMU --- W
17. @Cincy --- L
18. @ Tulsa --- W
19. Tulane --- W
20. Wichita St. --- W
21. @UCF --- L
22. ECU --- W
23. @Temple --- W
24. @Memphis --- W
25. Houston --- W
26. @SMU --- W
27. Cincy --- W
28. @Wichita St. --- L
29. USF --- W
30. Temple --- W
31. @ECU --- W

Reg Season record: 25-6. We won't have too many impressive wins, but we will rack up many road wins, and will have a good wining percentage. This should get us into the tournament, but as a low seed. Much of the strength of our wins will depend on how well the other AAC teams fare in OOC games.

This is pretty early, but we know what Jalen is capable of, we know the potential of a healthy Alterique, we witnessed Carlton's growth and potential last year. If other teammates step up and with Hurley's guidance, 25-6 is very doable.

Reaction Score
Based on what we know as of today (which to be honest is not too much) I think the season goes as follows:

1. Morehead St ---- W
2. UMKC --- W
3. Syracuse --- W (this one will be close, but having attended many games at the garden, UConn fans are a big factor)
4. Oregon --- L (Oregon will likely beat Iowa)
5. Cornell --- W
6. New Hampshire --- W
7. Umass-Lowell --- W
8. Arizona --- W (this is likely a down season for Arizona; lost a lot of talent and '18 class not like previous classes)
9. Lafayette --- W
10. Florida St. --- L (this should be a close game though)
11. Manhattan --- W
12. Drexel --- W
13. Villanova --- L
14. @USF --- W
15. UCF --- W
16. SMU --- W
17. @Cincy --- L
18. @ Tulsa --- W
19. Tulane --- W
20. Wichita St. --- W
21. @UCF --- L
22. ECU --- W
23. @Temple --- W
24. @Memphis --- W
25. Houston --- W
26. @SMU --- W
27. Cincy --- W
28. @Wichita St. --- L
29. USF --- W
30. Temple --- W
31. @ECU --- W

Reg Season record: 25-6. We won't have too many impressive wins, but we will rack up many road wins, and will have a good wining percentage. This should get us into the tournament, but as a low seed. Much of the strength of our wins will depend on how well the other AAC teams fare in OOC games.

This is pretty early, but we know what Jalen is capable of, we know the potential of a healthy Alterique, we witnessed Carlton's growth and potential last year. If other teammates step up and with Hurley's guidance, 25-6 is very doable.

That sounds like the best case scenario and not very realistic imo. I think 22 or 23 wins before the conference tournament is more likely.

Reaction Score
I really dislike calling anything "winnable" especially after these last two seasons (the curse of the "winnable game" it seems, please stop) BUT I think there is some potential with that schedule and I really trust that Mr. Hurley will have these guys ready to play and compete and fight and all that. I do not like playing cuse so early, in the 3rd game and wish that could have happened maybe a month later when the Huskies, likely, would have a better chance of winning after gelling a bit more. But regular season tourney and all that and... Oh well! Just the same I CAN NOT wait for November 8. Really pumped.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Hopefully all of them. That's the only channel I don't have and have always relied on the ESPN app.

Reaction Score
I already have cable; is it possible to get YouTube TV for one channel? Would it still be 40 bucks per month?

No, it isn't a true a la carte service. $40 for all channels they offer.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with scheduling for success, we did it when we were Top 10.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I know Boston is only 90 minutes away, but for Jalen it looks like Lowell will have to do for his Senior 'going home' game. Would love to have seen Northeastern or BC/BU for Jalen. Oh well . . . . . . . . .

That game is at UConn. They aren't playing in Massachusetts this year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Late to the party here, but all things considered, that's a good schedule for this team. Not killer, but not too soft either.

Not starting off getting body slammed by the Nike invitational either.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No crazy road trips like Arizona > Auburn. I still can’t believe they let that happen. One of the stupidist scheduling moves ever.

Everything was wack last year. Might as well have the schedule be too. lol

Reaction Score
Hate the Sunday games. But at least most of them are after the NFL season. The one that hurts is the Arizona game. Terrible time for a great game like that.

there's no super-odd game dates or times (NY Eve, weekday afternoon, etc), so I'm happy. The opponents are kind of boring, but that's the new normal with us.

Reaction Score
Glad to see we're playing in Hartford at the XL Center this time. Gampel is a great venue, but not large enough to accommodate the type of audience UNH usually draws.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Feb 3 is Super Bowl Sunday

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member