Fudd at game today | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Fudd at game today

Reaction Score
And so far only Wilson has been successful in the pros. Coates is on her 3rd team in 3 years, the Atlanta Dream, after being traded by the Sky and then being waved by the Lynx.

When Aaliyah Boston surprised the UConn faithful by choosing SC, she said something like, I just want to play in the pros, which shocked most of us considering the storied history of UConn post players, not only in the W, but on the US National team as well.
What she really meant was I don’t want to work as hard...and at UCONN I would be pushed and I don’t want that

Reaction Score
What she really meant was I don’t want to work as hard...and at UCONN I would be pushed and I don’t want that
Thats what i hear anytime a top recruit goes to a school like Maryland or Tennessee.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I think she would have been developed under CD and Geno sufficiently to justify coming to Storrs. They have a longer list of quality post players they've sent to WNBA than Dawn Staley, but your point is well taken.
Um, maybe by you it is well taken but Dawn has “developed” 1 player- Aja Wilson who was #1 in her class of 2014. Geno and CD have Rebecca, Kara, Tina, Breanna just to name our “post players” who coincidentally were Players of the Year. So yeah, @soxfan23 Dawn is known to “develop” players, just ask Ty Harris who hasn’t developed since her freshman year....:confused:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I’m not sure that was the real issue. In the end I think Boston’s decision came down to feeling more comfortable with Dawn and SC.
I recall Boston citing the fact that’s Dawn and the team had a full Jamaican dinner to make her feel more welcome and going the extra mile as a reason for “the comfort”. I mean, no one near Storrs/Manchester can cook a mean Jamaican Jerk Chicken?..aaarrrggghhh! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Did Staley develop Asja Wilson? I don't think so...she came in as an All American and while Staley didn't do anything to hurt her development...I am not sure she did all that to develop it either.
You nailed it! She gets top recruits and was a great player but 2 games against the Huskies showed some of her coaching ability when Uconn was up by about 30 in the first half in 2 games and she calls her first timeout with 1:28 seconds left in the first half!

Reaction Score
what are the rules when a potential recruit makes an unofficial visit ie Fudd at the Notre Dame game. I know she must pay for her own transportation. Can she visit the locker room, speak with the coaching staff, receive comp tickets etc?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Did Staley develop Asja Wilson? I don't think so...she came in as an All American and while Staley didn't do anything to hurt her development...I am not sure she did all that to develop it either.
Most definitely. When A'ja came to SC she wanted to be a guard. She was defensively indifferent and did not have a mid range. She left as POY, with a mid range game who was able to pass out of double teams. She was also SEC DPOY. You don't get the the looks that A'ja got from USA basketball without growth in your game.
Besides Wilson, Allisha Gray developed well enough under Dawn to become WNBA Rookie of the year. Kaela Davis developed well enough under Dawn to actually be sticking around the WNBA- yes that Kaela Davis. T'ea Cooper's 1 year at South Carolina was the best basketball of her life!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just think Boston wanted to be THE star. At UConn she wouldn’t have been that. She would have been an excellent player no doubt, but at South Carolina she’s been the number one option since day one. With Dawn she knew she would have a great coach and the offense would run through her. Boston’s game literally exudes what South Carolina is about. There’s also one thing Dawn can give Boston that Geno can not. As a Black women who is far from home, maybe she liked having someone who looks like her leading and mentoring her. Maybe it just felt more like home for Boston. Do I wish she would’ve came to UConn? Absolutely. But do I think it was a bad decision for her to go to South Carolina? No.

Reaction Score
what are the rules when a potential recruit makes an unofficial visit ie Fudd at the Notre Dame game. I know she must pay for her own transportation. Can she visit the locker room, speak with the coaching staff, receive comp tickets etc?

Yes to all of the above. Can't get free meals or lodging however. But a recruit on an unofficial visit can eat with the players providing she (or her parents) pay for it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For those who don't venture into the recruit thread, Azzi was out on the court with her team prior to their first game the night after her trip to Storrs.

I'm happy to see Azzi on the court, especially without a brace. We know she did well at Steph Curry's camp. I love watching her play, even in warmups.

Reaction Score
All four recruits/targets together and Geno and Shea working on their synchronized yelling for the upcoming Olympics.

Notice Paige's eagle eye studying Geno & Shea's frantic coaching (the only one out of the four). Paige is figuring out what UCONN is after in that sideline signal, cause next year...
Paige will be the one our cosmic coaching duo will be frantically signalling to...
Paige is on point now, already, before being on point for UCONN in one year.
Neat moment to catch.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure that was the real issue. In the end I think Boston’s decision came down to feeling more comfortable with Dawn and SC.

Same issue, different words.

Reaction Score
Um, maybe by you it is well taken but Dawn has “developed” 1 player- Aja Wilson who was #1 in her class of 2014. Geno and CD have Rebecca, Kara, Tina, Breanna just to name our “post players” who coincidentally were Players of the Year. So yeah, @soxfan23 Dawn is known to “develop” players, just ask Ty Harris who hasn’t developed since her freshman year....:confused:

Ty Harris not developed:(. I believe she named on all 4 Player of Year for the preseason:confused: Just because a player does whats asked of her by her staff and runs a team means shes a slouch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom