Fudd at game today | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Fudd at game today

Reaction Score
Not to worry eebmg, it's just a precursor of things to come. The commits are already in the boat (signed NIL). She's still swimming along side contemplating if she wants in or not. My guess is she's already decided that she's coming, but hasn't made it public yet.

I thought Aliyah Boston was coming to UConn because she made so many visits, right up until she committed to SC. I all but guaranteed she was coming to UConn, and had to eat crow (and those words) because of it. I'm not counting that chicken before its hatched. The more you associate, the more you assimilate. See sees how much fun our girls are having, and how much fun they are to be around. Not to mention that they're winning. We'll just have to wait and see. :oops:

The difference between Boston and Fudd is that Boston eventually ended up at a school known for developing bigs and running the majority of their offense through them. However, Fudd is a guard, and there is no better program in the country at developing guards than UConn. I feel pretty good about our chances.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
All four recruits/targets together and Geno and Shea working on their synchronized yelling for the upcoming Olympics.

Just a thought......the last time we saw a picture of 5 potential recruits sitting together at first night, they ALL committed and signed. Could we be that lucky again looking at THIS picture? :eek:

Reaction Score
Just a thought......the last time we saw a picture of 5 potential recruits sitting together at first night, they ALL committed and signed. Could we be that lucky again looking at THIS picture? :eek:

I mean 2 of the 4 already have

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Much better!! ;) There's nothing you can put on crow or dip it in that would make it even remotely palatable. :confused:
Try soaking it in a fifth of Honey Jim Beam for 24 hours then cook it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Then make a side dip of 1/2 cup of Ghost Pepper BBQ sauce, TBS of Ghosted Maple Syrup, and 2 TSP of Teriyaki sauce, stir and serve.:cool::cool:

Reaction Score
Try soaking it in a fifth of Honey Jim Beam for 24 hours then cook it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Then make a side dip of 1/2 cup of Ghost Pepper BBQ sauce, TBS of Ghosted Maple Syrup, and 2 TSP of Teriyaki sauce, stir and serve.:cool::cool:

The hell with soaking it in Jim Beam, drink the JB and you won't care what you are eating! :D

Carnac

Reaction Score

Is this a tried and true recipe? :eek:

Carnac

Reaction Score
The difference between Boston and Fudd is that Boston eventually ended up at a school known for developing bigs and running the majority of their offense through them. However, Fudd is a guard, and there is no better program in the country at developing guards than UConn. I feel pretty good about our chances.

I think she would have been developed under CD and Geno sufficiently to justify coming to Storrs. They have a longer list of quality post players they've sent to WNBA than Dawn Staley, but your point is well taken.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Is this a tried and true recipe? :eek:
A friend of mine who I met while I was stationed in Fort Polk did it for possum a few years ago while I was visiting him a few years ago in Arizona. He didn't tell anyone that it was possum until after we all finished and gave him all type of kudos for the great dinner. After he told us what it was we were floored, he also told us he uses it on such game as crow, skunk, and armadillo. The meat was very tender and the dip was out of this world. I've used the dip for chicken, pork, and beef tips, if you like things a little on the spicy & hot side it's great.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
What? Nan? Please revoke Dokey’s privileges for the next two weeks u til they learn not to say such heresy! Go over to McGraw’s Bench to speak such drivel you heathen, for shame Dokey, FOR Shame! ;) :rolleyes:
The bench has about 80% committed to Azzi wearing American flag blue. So they're planning on getting #'s 2,3,4 and Lattimore to trump the Paige/Azzi combo

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The bench has about 80% committed to Azzi wearing American flag blue. So they're planning on getting #'s 2,3,4 and Lattimore to trump the Paige/Azzi combo
As much as Paige going to UConn was not a real surprise to most ND fans, they were shocked by the decision of #4 recruit, pg Caitlin Clark going to Iowa. The reaction of Irish fans to Clark's decision was similar to the reaction of UConn fans a year ago when Boston announced her decision to attend SC.

Reaction Score

SC known for developing bigs?
One big of note from Sc.
UCONN has had more superstar bigs than SC ever had or will have.
Lobo, Wolters, Stewie, Dolson, Cash, forget her last name but big girl from NYC who went to Christ the King - recent player.
Come on man - Geno and staff have truly developed far more top players than SC.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One big of note from Sc.
Lobo, Wolters, Stewie, Dolson, Cash, forget her last name but big girl from NYC who went to Christ the King - recent player.
Tina Charles

Reaction Score
One big of note from Sc.

I was saying the same thing to myself

Reaction Score
One big of note from Sc.

How long has Staley been coaching? Not really an apples to apples comparison. I was also referring more to the Post friendly system that Staley runs.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
How long has Staley been coaching? Not really an apples to apples comparison. I was also referring more to the Post friendly system that Staley runs.
She runs a post friendly system because she’s never had enough shooters to spread the floor. So SC pounds it inside. It works until you come up against a team that forces your Bigs to run the floor and guard the perimeter, like UConn, who SC has never beaten.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Staley's been at SC for 11 years and had two good posts, Wilson and Coates. That's it.
And so far only Wilson has been successful in the pros. Coates is on her 3rd team in 3 years, the Atlanta Dream, after being traded by the Sky and then being waved by the Lynx.

When Aaliyah Boston surprised the UConn faithful by choosing SC, she said something like, I just want to play in the pros, which shocked most of us considering the storied history of UConn post players, not only in the W, but on the US National team as well.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Did Staley develop Asja Wilson? I don't think so...she came in as an All American and while Staley didn't do anything to hurt her development...I am not sure she did all that to develop it either.

Reaction Score
Staley's been at SC for 11 years and had two good posts, Wilson and Coates. That's it.
And Geno has been at UConn for 35 and had about 6, so what's your point?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Did Staley develop Asja Wilson? I don't think so...she came in as an All American and while Staley didn't do anything to hurt her development...I am not sure she did all that to develop it either.

Wilson definitely improved a ton after her freshman season.

Carnac

Reaction Score
For those who don't venture into the recruit thread, Azzi was out on the court with her team prior to their first game the night after her trip to Storrs.

Has Azzi been cleared to play, or was she just running lay ups?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom