Fuchs Commits to Rutgers | The Boneyard

Fuchs Commits to Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Lovely.

I'll pretend to wish him well while actually hoping that he gets rickets.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
At this point I could care less anymore...I'm so numb to any bad news regarding UConn, especially football. It seems everything that could be our worst nightmare comes true. CR, where recruits go...it doesn't even faze me anymore.

Reaction Score
He's a new yorker going to jersey. I thought that was like a muslim becoming jewish

Reaction Score
What's he going to do if we beat Rutgers and Rutgers slumps and fires their coach?

Someone should have told him to wait another month.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He observed UConn's bb team and realized he had no chance of playing bb at UConn. He observed Rutgers bb team and realized he could be a starter. This wasn't about football.

Reaction Score
Can't blame the kid. I wish it were anyone but Snookie, but we need to hire by the second week in December

Reaction Score
And, how's this conference realignment working out for UConn. They need to mount a full court, relentless, political campaign (Overt. Covert. In-your-face.) that would include creating adversity for ESPN until such time as UConn is included in a P5 conference for no other reason than to shut them up. Blunt but essentially true.

Reaction Score
Wait, we fired our coach and lost a recruit because of it? Wow, I would have never guessed that!

Lose a bit today, hopefully win a lot tomorrow.

Good luck Jordan, but if you are the price to pay that comes from losing Paul P, I'll pay that gladly.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'd guess that this had more to do with playing time in both sports than CR or a fired coach. UCONN basketball is obviously the premier powerhouse program of all 4 he considered (or dreamt of considering). There was NO way he was sniffing the court at UCONN other than mop-up time in these 101-55 type games. RU basketball is dreadful and he will likely see significant minutes there. Plus, RU football is meh and he probably has a legit shot at playing time too (he would have had significant playing time for our football team too). So, significant minutes in basketball and football at RU vs. significant time in football and zero minutes in basketball at UCONN…RU won out. Good luck to him in the future, no hard feelings. Go Dahgs!

Reaction Score
We don't have a coach. The kid wants to enroll in January. There is nothing at all shocking about this.

Reaction Score
I'd guess that this had more to do with playing time in both sports than CR or a fired coach. UCONN basketball is obviously the premier powerhouse program of all 4 he considered (or dreamt of considering). There was NO way he was sniffing the court at UCONN other than mop-up time in these 101-55 type games. RU basketball is dreadful and he will likely see significant minutes there. Plus, RU football is meh and he probably has a legit shot at playing time too (he would have had significant playing time for our football team too). So, significant minutes in basketball and football at RU vs. significant time in football and zero minutes in basketball at UCONN…RU won out. Good luck to him in the future, no hard feelings. Go Dahgs!

Not disagreeing with you, but consider the irony. UConn's outstanding basketball program is apparently worthless in this whole CR nonsense (Exhibit A in what is wrong with this CR bullcrap, IMO), yet exactly because they are so outstanding, UConn football loses a solid commit (something they can't afford) so that the kid can go to a program with a weak- basketball program. Time for reform in college athletics. Too many ills, chasing needless excessive amounts of money.

Reaction Score
Who can blame him. We just need to earn our way in, clean house.
And, how's this conference realignment working out for UConn. They need to mount a full court, relentless, political campaign (Overt. Covert. In-your-face.) that would include creating adversity for ESPN until such time as UConn is included in a P5 conference for no other reason than to shut them up. Blunt but essentially true.
You can do whatever you want, but if we don't have a football team to sell, they ain't buying. LVille had a winning football team for a lot of years - and they took a lot of risks to get there. Unless we're willing to do that, and I'm not sure we are, then we're going to have a problem. We need a Jim Calhoun, and we need one bad, but in this climate, in this day, do we have the stomach for another Jim Calhoun? I'm in, but is this state? We'll see.

Reaction Score
Who can blame him. We just need to earn our way in, clean house.

You can do whatever you want, but if we don't have a football team to sell, they ain't buying. LVille had a winning football team for a lot of years - and they took a lot of risks to get there. Unless we're willing to do that, and I'm not sure we are, then we're going to have a problem. We need a Jim Calhoun, and we need one bad, but in this climate, in this day, do we have the stomach for another Jim Calhoun? I'm in, but is this state? We'll see.

Realistically, we need a young guy to come in here, get 3-4 good years out of him. Do our best to hold on to him and if not get another one just like him to come in behind him. That seems to be the progression for a program of our profile.

We need some offense, the team needs excitement and some s ex appeal. That will put the people in their seats. We don't need a guy who will go 7-5 and declare victory, we need to win this conference and be in the hunt for a conference championship year in and year out.

Reaction Score

I'm coming around to your way of thinking on this front. We may need one more provocative comment or revelation concerning past actions or future intentions to spark it. In either case we also need a solid coaching hire to justify it.

Reaction Score
He may have wanted to hear who our new football coach is going to be and talk to him first. So you don't want to play BB for KO with Purvis and Hamilton? Not very smart Homer.

Reaction Score
Hot off the press. Fuchs reconsidering options after watching first half of Rutgers v Cincinnati. Feels their DC not making proper adjustments. Halftime presser expected.

Stay Tuned!

Reaction Score
He may have wanted to hear who our new football coach is going to be and talk to him first. So you don't want to play BB for KO with Purvis and Hamilton? Not very smart Homer.
I dont think he was going to play hoops here. Was he granted a walkon spot?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Still wanna know what he's going to do when Flood is fired? Is he going to de-commit from RU too? I get kids leaving when the coach who recruited them leaves/gets fired but why go to a school where you claim the coach called you and it meant a lot and yet that coach is in just as much hot water. My guess this really centers around being able to play bball and he wasn't gonna get a sniff at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom