FT shooting | The Boneyard

FT shooting

Reaction Score
So. I stand by the fact that the Baylor loss was the best thing that could've happened. We were on the road against a great and well coached team, after a ten day layoff with the two brand new starters. Our weaknesses were exposed and have been talked about at length on here. There will be FAR less pressure on us than any team heading into the post season since the 2013 season.

We are what we are and we can't change that.....except FT shooting. This is my biggest concern through the rest of the year. We really struggle at the line. And with our margin for error being smaller this year, we can't leave points off the board. Hopefully we turn it up going forward.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So. I stand by the fact that the Baylor loss was the best thing that could've happened. We were on the road against a great and well coached team, after a ten day layoff with the two brand new starters. Our weaknesses were exposed and have been talked about at length on here. There will be FAR less pressure on us than any team heading into the post season since the 2013 season.

We are what we are and we can't change that.....except FT shooting. This is my biggest concern through the rest of the year. We really struggle at the line. And with our margin for error being smaller this year, we can't leave points off the board. Hopefully we turn it up going forward.
Seemed like fatigue, don’t know why unless it’s the travel. Lots of shots clanging off the front of the rim in the first quarter today, too

Reaction Score

I never did understand your original post, and I understand this one even less. What exactly was "good" about the Baylor loss? I agree that it exposed some weaknesses, but so what? Do you think Geno doesn't know his team's weaknesses? And how did the loss in Waco contribute to today's effort against Houston? I thought perhaps the loss brought some relief from the pressure of having to win every single game all of the time. But was the loss welcome? Not by me and not by most UConn fans. Also, saying before the game was played that losing would be good for the Huskies was especially unwelcome. We never look forward to losing . . .

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

How does one go about proving this fact?

Reaction Score

I contend that there is no such thing as a good loss. As a player, I'd rather enter the post season a bit cocky knowing no-one has beaten us. Confidence (cockiness) has a lot to do with how well you play; when you start thinking you can be beaten--you'll often be beaten. UC women look for that: we are going to lose look in their opponents' faces.
Now that the UC women have lost one, no we (I never played on that team), it is good to spin the positives: in that, I will agree. To me winning is much better than losing.

Reaction Score
I never did understand your original post, and I understand this one even less. What exactly was "good" about the Baylor loss? I agree that it exposed some weaknesses, but so what? Do you think Geno doesn't know his team's weaknesses? And how did the loss in Waco contribute to today's effort against Houston? I thought perhaps the loss brought some relief from the pressure of having to win every single game all of the time. But was the loss welcome? Not by me and not by most UConn fans. Also, saying before the game was played that losing would be good for the Huskies was especially unwelcome. We never look forward to losing . . .
The weaknesses uncovered by the Baylor loss is the same weakness of the past 2 year compounded by other well-known factors that Geno nor Wooden or any god given coach at this point can't do a darn thing about, except as he did last year--MASK it. Which seems impossible after Baylor, St Johns, Ok, Cal.

Reaction Score
Seemed like fatigue, don’t know why unless it’s the travel. Lots of shots clanging off the front of the rim in the first quarter today, too
Uconn has had in a number of games as in Houston had a very slow start or slow in getting into the game D or O. With teams like these Sj,Ok, Cal, Houston Uconn has had the luxury of getting on track. I doubt Geno has a clue of what's happening in their heads. It's not Baylor. In today's game, other than the win: Coombs played well, clanked shots (they will come), ONO (every minute she gets is one minute closer to being useful in big games), with a 28 point lead I would have liked ONO to stay and get her 5th foul. Teaching in real time games has an impact. Her errors cannot be denied, then. CW again showed she can drive and score. Walker got 14, not outstanding but heading in the right direction.

Reaction Score
@ucbart: I suggest we play mental game. Very soon you lose you job. It'll be the best thing. It'll teach you to work harder and I'm positive losing your job will take the pressure off of having to have an income in the future. Win win all around!

Losing isn't ever good. It might not be "the worst thing" - but it certainly is never "good".

Reaction Score
I wonder if Phee has a slight depth perception problem. It seems to me she is always dead-on straight to the basket with her shots, but sometimes short or long.

I thought of this when I saw Megan replace a contact lens that came off in the Houston game yesterday. I’m wondering how long she has been using them. Maybe since the end of last season? Or even if somewhat prior to that, still getting used to them last year?

Hmmm - are we Watching Superwoman taking the training wheels off of her. X-ray/laser vision tool?

Reaction Score
If I were Geno, I would go through next years non conference games and circle the ones that would be "good losses" to take. :oops:

...by the way, are good losses only good for regular season?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Sometimes you can learn things from a loss...which make you a better team down the road. Can you learn those same things from a win? Sure. But a loss stings more than a close win and you might look at your weaknesses with more urgency. Is that a certainty....of course not. If a loss makes the kids listen more closely....practice better...execute what Geno teaches, I would call that a 'good' loss.

Reaction Score
With all of that teaching by Geno, if the shots don't fall...that's a bad loss to me.

Reaction Score
Well, we've wilted under the pressure of undefeated seasons on the biggest stage, two years in a row. Would a loss have been good in 2014 or 2016? No! But with this particular group, I think it could be beneficial to not to be undefeated for the 3rd year in a row and have to answer all the questions like, "can you finally get it done?" .....and blah blah blah.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom