FSU Chairman of the Board of Trustee's not in favor of adding UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

FSU Chairman of the Board of Trustee's not in favor of adding UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't. If they can get ND, they'd take Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with them.

i'm sure hogwarts is sought after - i hear they have a great men's quidditch program.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
In the words of Bobby Bowden..."Dag gummit!!"

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Malloy and others should be active, if they can do it in a subtle way, outside of the media. But he's a politician first, so Problem is, politicians generally only do things that will advance their popularity w/ constituents. If no one hears about a politician being a catalyst for something positive, did it really happen?

Sure, you can always crow about an achievement afterward. Right, Flipper?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
He referred to CT & RU, presumably togther

only the NYC and northeast TV markets are an advantage there, not athletics

I think most of the talk has been about CT and somebody else

at the end of the day, the dollars have to make sense

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As has been pointed out, what is the magic fb upgrade? Other than ND and WVU, is there any team that is even conceivably considered by the ACC that is more appealing, football and basketball, than UConn? No. ND wants fb independence, and WVU has warts...weak academics, no market, not technically the Atlantic Coast. CFU would not be considered, nor ECU, and both are weaker than UConn anyway. Nobody is leaving the SEC for the ACC. Penn State isn't coming.

So the deal is as it has always been. If they go to 16, we are one of the two they invite. End of story. Now whether they expand is the issue. Only ND would make it worth doing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom