FS1 Issue?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I have UVerse and mine also froze.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I am thinking about getting rid of my cable that has SNY. How can I watch UConn games live if I don't have cable?

Reaction Score
I was recording the Marquette game and started watching about a half hour after the game began. Early in the 3rd quarter, during a commercial, the screen froze. I gave it a few minutes then rewound a bit and let it run and it froze at the same spot. Gave it another few minutes then watched something else live for about 10 minutes. Then back to the recording and still frozen in the same place. Then went to FS1 live and the screen was frozen on another ad. Back to the recording and still frozen. I ran the recording back and forward four or five times and finally got going again, but the recording started late in the 3rd Q, so I missed 7 or 8 minutes.

Anyone else have this issue?
Happened to me too, actually I think it happened twice in two days. Maybe someone forgot to move the uplink dish or moved it too soon or sent it to the wrong transponder on the Satellite. Sometimes they do that during commercial breaks.

Last edited:

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
I too
I would like to know, do you have DISH, because it happened to me, and since FS1 never said anything I assumed it was DISH and not FS1
I too have Dish and it happened to me also

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I had a problem along those lines ,too. It seemed that UConn team was frozen, and Marquette was able to score during the fourth quarter. ;):eek: Serioulsy though, FS1 on Spectrum cable live blipped so much that I used the Fox Sports app on Roku TV. No problems there.

Reaction Score
I was watching on straight cable and experienced the same freeze on FS-1 and FS-2. This one appears to be the network’s fault. While I have had screen freezes in the past they usually affect all of the channels and I can clear the problem by turning everything off and on. This time only the Fox stations froze.

mmt

Reaction Score
I was recording the Marquette game and started watching about a half hour after the game began. Early in the 3rd quarter, during a commercial, the screen froze. I gave it a few minutes then rewound a bit and let it run and it froze at the same spot. Gave it another few minutes then watched something else live for about 10 minutes. Then back to the recording and still frozen in the same place. Then went to FS1 live and the screen was frozen on another ad. Back to the recording and still frozen. I ran the recording back and forward four or five times and finally got going again, but the recording started late in the 3rd Q, so I missed 7 or 8 minutes.

Anyone else have this issue?
I had the same issue. Switched to watch Scarolina lose. Good trade off.

Reaction Score
I am thinking about getting rid of my cable that has SNY. How can I watch UConn games live if I don't have cable?
Are you in the Tri-State area of New York since you currently have SNY? If this is the case YouTube TV live streaming service carries SNY as part of their Regional Sports package.

If you do decide to cut the cord (cable portion) you would still require the Internet portion from your cable company. If you are not in the Tri-State area to receive SNY, you can also watch the UConn games via FoxSports App on phone, computer, ROKU, Smart TV Apps.

Was going to direct you to a thread that was pinned at top of page along with Boneyard Rules that @HuskyNan put up but I don't see the thread any longer. I'm assuming because SNY is done for this year and all NCAA tourney games will be on the ESPN family channels.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Had the problem on Network (Spectrum) but when I went to FoxGo or whatever they call the live streaming app I was able to watch the rest of the 3rd Q and by the 4th Q the issue was solved on the TV. The dead screen was true for both FS1 and FS2 on TV.

I assume it was a connectivity issue between Fox Sports and all the cable TV providers/Satellite providers, while their Mohegan Sun production was still functioning and their streaming service was functional. Happens from time to time on other content providers and I am pretty sure I remember some issues with SNY broadcasts in past years as well.

Reaction Score
Are you in the Tri-State area of New York since you currently have SNY? If this is the case YouTube TV live streaming service carries SNY as part of their Regional Sports package.

If you do decide to cut the cord (cable portion) you would still require the Internet portion from your cable company. If you are not in the Tri-State area to receive SNY, you can also watch the UConn games via FoxSports App on phone, computer, ROKU, Smart TV Apps.

Was going to direct you to a thread that was pinned at top of page along with Boneyard Rules that @HuskyNan put up but I don't see the thread any longer. I'm assuming because SNY is done for this year and all NCAA tourney games will be on the ESPN family channels.
no, you do not require your cable for internet. There are many options for internet service.
We have youtubetv and roku and run our internet through xfinity. We cut the cable years ago.

Reaction Score
no, you do not require your cable for internet. There are many options for internet service.
We have youtubetv and roku and run our internet through xfinity. We cut the cable years ago.
Yeah, that's what I said. I also have Xfinity/Comcast Internet running YouTube TV on a ROKU....we're in agreement here. :)

...as I stated, "you would still require the internet portion from your cable company"

Reaction Score
I use the firestick and YouTube TV and had no interruption. YouTube TV has an unlimited DVR that set itself to record all women basketball games. My wife and I spent quite a bit of time watching the other leagues championship games.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I have YouTube TV using Roku. Actually watched it later that night and had no problem at all. I have Xfinity as my internet provider, have my own modem, and dumped theirs and the TV service two years ago.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that's what I said. I also have Xfinity/Comcast Internet running YouTube TV on a ROKU....we're in agreement here. :)

...as I stated, "you would still require the internet portion from your cable company"
My bad, we have Att/frontier internet. No cable company involvement.

Reaction Score
Seriously @donalddoowop? I thought you entertainment gents stayed abreast of innovative technological broadcasting mediums.

I've been using YouTubeTV since I cut the cord two years ago. There are others also.

They still cost $$, but not as much as cable.

Reaction Score
Same here in Spectrum for the second straight day. After a couple minutes switched over to FoxSports app and finished the game streaming

Reaction Score
When I reported it to Fox they blamed my ISP which is Verizon. Verizon siad it was definitely not them.

Then it couldn't have been mine either (Atlantic Broadband)

Reaction Score
When I reported it to Fox they blamed my ISP which is Verizon. Verizon siad it was definitely not them.
With so many fans with different providers affected, doesnt that point to FS1??

Reaction Score
Happened to me. Spectrum

And once frozen, it seemed Marquette hit a few unanswered baskets. Not pretty
Same on Optimum. Obviously FS1 had a production issue from the game site.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom