Frustrating Game | The Boneyard

Frustrating Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
First, we knew that there would be bumps in the road and there would be some early losses.

But this loss is particularly frustrating for the following reasons:

1) They had a 17 point lead with 16 minutes to go. UConn should never lose to any team with a 17 point lead in the second half. That just speaks to bad D, not managing the game on O and turning the ball over.
2) It looked like it was the invention of the zone that no team had ever considered before. They were totally baffled by it. It didn't help that one of our best players against the zone this year (TO) was on the bench with 4, but you still expect Lamb and Napier to have a clue and execute their parts.
3) Alex and Andre had pretty good games on both sides of the ball. You expect we win going away when that happens. That said, they both should have 3 or 4 more points a couple more rebounds. They let a lot of stuff go through their hands or just didn't finish strong or have great balance at times. That may be a bright spot - they're both going to better.
4) With so many games on today, we're going to see it over and over at halftime and between games.

Let's see how the bounce back tomorrow - I think that will be a very telling thing for the rest of the year. Come out flat and get into a grind out rock fight and I might be a little worried. Come out on fire and pound someone and I'll feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom