Frustrated | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Frustrated

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
But Alterique was not remotely healthy last year, right out the gate. Looked a shell of himself. They were holding him back to get a bigger more supportive brace at one point...it was only a matter of time.

He was healthy enough to play 167 minutes over the first 6 games (27 min per), averaging 9 points and 3 assists. I have no idea if he looked like a shell of himself. It was the first action of his college career. Obviously something gave in when he was being helped up that day and he's had marginally better results through 8 games this year (28 mins, 12.5 pts, and 3.9 ast per), but there was nothing up to that point on which to judge.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He was healthy enough to play 167 minutes over the first 6 games (27 min per), averaging 9 points and 3 assists. I have no idea if he looked like a shell of himself. It was the first action of his college career. Obviously something gave in when he was being helped up that day and he's had marginally better results through 8 games this year (28 mins, 12.5 pts, and 3.9 ast per), but there was nothing up to that point on which to judge.

He tweaked something preseason, which is why they got him the bigger brace. And he was so limited with that brace he could barely shoot. It was much more unstable than post this years surgery. You could see his limitations just by watching him. Looks like a night and day difference this year just in terms of movement.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He tweaked something preseason, which is why they got him the bigger brace. And he was so limited with that brace he could barely shoot. It was much more unstable than post this years surgery. You could see his limitations just by watching him. Looks like a night and day difference this year just in terms of movement.

It does now absolutely, but hindsight is 20/20. He winced when being helped up. I had no idea it would be season ending.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Akot. He reclassed late and enrolled early last year. Top 15 prospect who dropped to top 25 after reclass.
Didn't realize he was ranked that highly, he's a total bust.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I love Hurley and how hard the team plays, the culture has totally changed and we are going to be really good in the future. I was just a bit annoyed we gave away a game I think we win if we don't play poorly.

Not meant seriously - I was just being a ball buster on that one.

Reaction Score
NCAA at large seems shaky right now yes, will be "in play" if beat FSU or Nova. Also AAC tourney might be wide open this year so that is route 2 to NCAA.

The NIT would be a disappointing consolation but Hurley & Co would accept the challenge to make a run to MSG. Any other post-season tourney is a waste of time.
FSU looks extremely tough this year. Big, physical and talented. Hopefully Prudential Center will be filled with UConn fans, but I am not counting on that. Nova has been up and down. Hopefully, UConn can catch them on a down day. I think Houston and Cinci pose the most challenge in the AAC. UConn would definitely have to win the AAC tourney. I don't see an at large bid with the only signature win the one over Syracuse. I do believe that Dan Hurley is doing an outstanding job and next year will be a lot better even. There has been improvement, but old habits die hard.

Reaction Score
FSU looks extremely tough this year. Big, physical and talented. Hopefully Prudential Center will be filled with UConn fans, but I am not counting on that. Nova has been up and down. Hopefully, UConn can catch them on a down day. I think Houston and Cinci pose the most challenge in the AAC. UConn would definitely have to win the AAC tourney. I don't see an at large bid with the only signature win the one over Syracuse. I do believe that Dan Hurley is doing an outstanding job and next year will be a lot better even. There has been improvement, but old habits die hard.
We will have a good incoming class but the loss of Jalen is not minor.

Reaction Score
What makes you think he’s coachable? Bad habits are his no one else’s fault on his habits time for him to make less mistakes if he wants to be as good as he thinks he is. The only ones to blame for 12 TOs for he and CV are them.

Because of how he’s willing to accept punishment and how quickly both Ollie and Hurley bonded with him.

He didn’t get the benefit of coaching for the past four years...which obviously impacts his level of play and habits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom