Frustrated in Connecticut | The Boneyard

Frustrated in Connecticut

Reaction Score
This year is without question the most frustrating for me as a Red Sox fan. As delightful as last year was, this year is not even close and the Sox have virtually the same team. Yes, they lost their closer, Kimbrel and a very good set-up man in Joe Kelley but I was sure they would add some arms when required later. Clearly their bull pen has gone from very good to really bad and that is certainly part of the problem. Their offense has been solid but inconsistent. Mookie and Benintendi have slipped in production but Xander and Devers have picked up the slack. Every time I think I see a turn-around, they have proven me wrong. To wit, how can you score two runs on Friday and almost get no-hit on Sunday against the last place team and against a couple of journey-man pitchers. I still like Alex Cora as manager but at some point I have to question what he is doing or not doing. The next 14 games are against the Yankees and the Rays, two teams they have struggled against this year. If they don't wake up now, I don't see them in the post-season. The blame game will be in full force by then.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but this is just pathetic. You were blubbering like a baby at this time last year. I'm not sure fans of the defending Champion are allowed to use the frustration card.

Reaction Score
This year is without question the most frustrating for me as a Red Sox fan. As delightful as last year was, this year is not even close and the Sox have virtually the same team. Yes, they lost their closer, Kimbrel and a very good set-up man in Joe Kelley but I was sure they would add some arms when required later. Clearly their bull pen has gone from very good to really bad and that is certainly part of the problem. Their offense has been solid but inconsistent. Mookie and Benintendi have slipped in production but Xander and Devers have picked up the slack. Every time I think I see a turn-around, they have proven me wrong. To wit, how can you score two runs on Friday and almost get no-hit on Sunday against the last place team and against a couple of journey-man pitchers. I still like Alex Cora as manager but at some point I have to question what he is doing or not doing. The next 14 games are against the Yankees and the Rays, two teams they have struggled against this year. If they don't wake up now, I don't see them in the post-season. The blame game will be in full force by then.

Bad week to be whining ;)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but this is just pathetic. You were blubbering like a baby at this time last year. I'm not sure fans of the defending Champion are allowed to use the frustration card.

3-year rule, correct? No pissing and moaning with a "whoa is the life of a _______ fan" within three years of a championship.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The bullpen has been overworked due to Eovaldis injury more than anything.

It was having a really good run until it got completely overworked in june.

Yes it could use a Kimbrel closer type, but we’re seeing that letting kelly go was brilliant.

The bad years all around in the of and the lack of innings from the rotation have been just as big of factors as the pen.

the Q

Reaction Score
I am somewhat surprised they did nothing, but considering the state of the farm system I can’t be totally shocked.

If they can get to October, I think Cashner could be a really good addition to the bullpen. He was a closer in college iirc.

the Q

Reaction Score
The rotation costs them the and probably the season this past week...not the bullpen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom