Frozen Fenway 2023 (Saturday Jan. 7th v. Northeastern @ 2:30p on NESN) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Frozen Fenway 2023 (Saturday Jan. 7th v. Northeastern @ 2:30p on NESN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why are we always on the bad side of bogus video overturns?
it really is something ...and this isn't a home ice vs road ice issue because this crap happens just as much at the XL. If you can't overturn something in one minute it stands. And that goes for every freaking sport. Replay now is a disease where they are looking as hard as possible to overturn something rather than just seeing within a reasonable time if something should be overturned.

Reaction Score
We are now an NCAA tournament "bubble" team, and are extremely fortunate that today BC beat UMass, Michigan Tech beat BU, and Brown leads Merrimack by two goals with 15 minutes remaining.

College hockey is the BEST. See you at Toscano Saturday (hope many show up at Willibrew around 5:00pm).

Anyone going to the women's game on Friday night? If so, see you there.

Reaction Score
We are now an NCAA tournament "bubble" team, and are extremely fortunate that today BC beat UMass, Michigan Tech beat BU, and Brown leads Merrimack by two goals with 15 minutes remaining.

College hockey is the BEST. See you at Toscano Saturday (hope many show up at Willibrew around 5:00pm).

How about Brown hockey tonight? Where is this coming from? I hope it lasts.

Reaction Score

Way to early to be worrying about the NCAA tournament. UConn needs to just focus on Hockey East.

Reaction Score
Terrible Pairwise day for UConn. Went from 11 to 14.

It does not help that the rest of their schedule, besides Quinnipiac, is ranked behind them. Although BC is picking up steam.

Reaction Score
Can they please make them their third jerseys (or first but I’ll take third)

Reactions: jho

jho

Reaction Score
Can they please make them their third jerseys (or first but I’ll take third)
Would love the hook C or the 2012-13 jerseys as our third jerseys.

Attachments

• E1A9D2FA-B388-4D57-88ED-8E45B0E44F2F.jpeg
    E1A9D2FA-B388-4D57-88ED-8E45B0E44F2F.jpeg
    549.2 KB · Views: 105
Reaction Score
We played two games in historic venues Fenway and MSG. Doesn't seem like we get up for these games.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
We played two games in historic venues Fenway and MSG. Doesn't seem like we get up for these games.
Cavanaugh's teams have yet to win a game on a big stage. No Fenway or MSG wins, no CT Ice or Hockey East titles, no NCAA appearances.

Reaction Score
not that it would have mattered with only scoring 1 goal, but Sergeev has to be better.
and lastly that was a poor game by Sergeev, I'd imagine he will NOT get the start next Saturday at the new arena but who knows. That third goal allowed after we made it 2-1 was so soft.

I'd also expect Terness to get the nod next Saturday...having said that Aiden McDonough is the real deal and the D can't let him fire double digits shots. WIth the huskies having home ice next week, Cavs will need to find a way to assign a player to shadow him, much like Kale Howarth did a fine job limiting Kale Maker at the XL a few years back. Now, who's the player that can shadow and yet remain out of the box - Me thinks Roman Kinal on D and Ty Amonte to muck things up on O to disrupt Aiden's game.

Reaction Score
Way to early to be worrying about the NCAA tournament. UConn needs to just focus on Hockey East.

The Connecticut Ice Tournament is also a key opportunity for this season - or whatever they're going to call it (I'm thinking that SNY has rights to that name, and have no idea if they plan on continuing to broadcast the games in Hamden). UConn needs to beat Yale and then they have a terrific opportunity to bolster their position in the RPI/Pairwise if they could manage to steal one from QU at their home.

Reaction Score
Cavanaugh's teams have yet to win a game on a big stage. No Fenway or MSG wins, no CT Ice or Hockey East titles, no NCAA appearances.
Yeah that win against northeastern to get to the Hockey East championship Friday wasn’t on a big stage. And we can’t give them credit for pushing the favorites to overtime in the Hockey East finals.
Two flat underwhelming performances for sure. If only Cavanaugh had gotten them ready.
Two games at a place like TD Garden on NESN for all hockey fans in the region to see and we just didn’t have it at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69