Frontier Communications and WatchESPN | The Boneyard

Frontier Communications and WatchESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not on the list of providers which is monumentally long. Am I missing something?

Anybody out there who has it. I didn't tape the game today cause I figured I could watch it on the xbox tonight.

Reaction Score
I tried using it this weekend and ran into this problem. They aren't supporting WatchESPN for CT Uverse customers yet. Pretty annoying. I'm using a friend's login.

Reaction Score
was told by frontier that you should have access...however when i go to list of providers frontier is not on the list. called espn up, they say that frontier is not an affiliate provider... moral of story, frontier is really getting on my nerves

Reaction Score
Don't like Optimum much but I had to go back, got a great rate for two years. Frontier is awful, so many people who had AT&T UVerse like me bailed already or are bailing.

Reaction Score
I don't have an answer for the frontier question but if you need a replay me or @tcf15 will have it up on uconnhuskygames.com

Thanks, I follow both you guys on twitter so I'll be on the look out. Thanks a bunch.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I spent three hours today trying to get it on my phone. Now I'll be on for another two hours arguing with them

Reaction Score
Same problem here, I was going to watch on the ESPN website and Frontier was not available from the dropdown list. Not surprised, had the same problem with some other channel's apps that don't list Frontier (Showtime, etc). I am getting DirecTV next week, and they were definitely on the list to watch ESPN.

Reaction Score
I got rid of these clowns after I was internet-less for two weeks following the take over. Countless lies about what the issue was and when it would be resolved. Then I got into with a rep who had a table set up at the football game vs UCF.

Reaction Score
I only have them for the internet, Comcast for TV. I couldn't reach Frontier either.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
As of tomorrow we are switching back to Comcast. They're offering reasonable deals. Enough of the constant Frontier issues.

Reaction Score
Update.

Frontier with EPSN3 works on my Xbox when I am actually logged into a Frontier IP as opposed to my work.

I am going to call them to see if they plan to give remote access....if not I am going to switch.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You have to be on your home network if you're on Frontier.

If not, you are out of luck.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
You have to be on your home network if you're on Frontier. If not, you are out of luck.

It's true, and it is so 5 years ago. The current model is your ISP account ID should suffice. Most do this now.

Terrible company. All our business services at the office have been converted to frontier, and it's a mess. Luckily I had a heads up to get prepared because they have been the provider in our Michigan office for at least 5 years. I can't say enough bad things about Frontier.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I remember after an hour on the phone with Frontier the lady directed me to https://frontier.com/tveverywhere and literally told me I'd have to keep checking back to see when the WatchESPN service will be provided
Get away from them as fast as you can. The roll out of Obamacare was smooth as silk compared to this mess. Other providers on CT are offering decent two year deals right now plus other little incentives, like gift cards. They're getting a lot of customers bailing from Frontier. ATT execs must be laughing all the way to the yacht store.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Bump. It's been a few months - any updates from folks who have stuck with Frontier? My comcast bill just went up and I want to review my options (access to WatchESPN, etc. not the biggest factor for me). I noticed Frontier's $35 internet offer says no phone line required - is that a FiOS-like technology / will it work in my apartment building if there isn't a FiOS line? I'd rather not have to get a landline but I guess I'd consider it if I can save some cash. Also considering SlingTV as an option. Any updates / comments would be appreciated....

Reaction Score
Bump. It's been a few months - any updates from folks who have stuck with Frontier? My comcast bill just went up and I want to review my options (access to WatchESPN, etc. not the biggest factor for me). I noticed Frontier's $35 internet offer says no phone line required - is that a FiOS-like technology / will it work in my apartment building if there isn't a FiOS line? I'd rather not have to get a landline but I guess I'd consider it if I can save some cash. Also considering SlingTV as an option. Any updates / comments would be appreciated....
Atleast for me, Frontier has been much better lately. No choppy screen issues and the internet speeds seem to have gone back to normal. They also support watchespn now. I honestly haven't had to think about it in a month or two, which is a good thing.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize this many people had this many issues with frontier. I switched over directTV last month and cox for internet and phone. I'm getting a better package for about 80 less a month. Issue with me was internet with Frontier had gotten incredibly lackluster. It would be a guessing game on wether or not the laptop could stay connected to wifi. It was never an issue with ATT or since with cox. Plus the speeds said 12mpbs but I seemed to have a lot of lag. Sucked cause I really really like UVerse.

Reaction Score
junglehusky said:

Whatever Frontier is offering is nothing like Fios. Verizon built out fiber to the home. AT&T built fiber to a node. Then it uses the 100 year old twisted pair to deliver service to the house.

Reaction Score
Ever since the switch I had constant problems. I went back to Cablevision for Internet and phone. Same price. Speed 6x. Best decision I made in a while.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Ever since the switch I had constant problems. I went back to Cablevision for Internet and phone. Same price. Speed 6x. Best decision I made in a while.

Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul