From the heart of ACC country.... | The Boneyard

From the heart of ACC country....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes I live in Greensboro, but am a hard core UConn fan. On the local radio stations, sports radio out of Charlotte/Raleigh, and from Greensboro's own 107.5, I hear the scumbags say Greensboro is the place for the ACC tournament. Maybe NYC works for once every 5 years, but Greensboro is the legitimate home for the ACC tourny. The city revolves around the ACC tourney days in March and supports it 100%.

That may be true for State vs Duke, or UNC vs Duke, and tickets are a premium. But going forward a Cuse vs Pitt final or a UL vs Miami final means you can get ANY ticket at the Greensboro Colleseum for $2. So, from the HEART of ACC country do you really want to advertise that a Cuse/Pitt final ticket costs $2!!!!!!! (I wonder whay a UL vs Georgetown tic costs at the Garden?).

F$ck Swafford and his "ACC" dream.

College BB tourney time can EASILY belong to the BIG with UConn added. A BIG tourney at the garden with UConn will draw well if played every other year.

To hear these Greensboro ACC D-bags talk about BB supremacy in college BB ( with newly added) Cuse/Pitt/UL makes me want to puke (just like the way i like to puke when I drive by (should I say it) the old Imperial wizard's house(yes I can show you and you can take a pic or a sh&t) in Greensboro.

Yes, Greensboro is a strange place, and they are BB crazy, but only for tobacco road. Methinks the expanded ACC looks good BB wise, but I FIRMALY BELIEVE that the BIG. with IU, MS, UM. OS, and UConn can rule college BB.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Big East finals tickets are almost always easily available way below face. It's Thursday and Friday night that have always been tougher/expensive.

Reaction Score
Greensboro/Charlotte probably makes a lot of sense for the ACC. The Carrier Dome won't be hosting any conference tournaments any time soon. Miami, Boston, Pittsburgh won't host the tournament either. The ACC tournament will continue to be held in some grit city.
We will have even greater appreciation for the BE tourney in NYC as time goes on. The BE had the best venue and nowhere else comes close.
The BIG tournament won't be held in NYC either. The C-7 have the contract unless something has changed.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's funny - the Thamel article yesterday drew a lot of positive response...from Syracuse and Louisville types who live in the northeast.

But it shows how tone deaf they are - they think their opinion counts. It doesn't. You just know that the thought of putting their tournament up north would rankle the hell out of the southerners in the ACC. It might happen once, but it's never moving up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom