From Reddit: Love for the Huskys | Page 2 | The Boneyard

From Reddit: Love for the Huskys

Reaction Score
Don’t tell the Butler board. I was surprised to see the lack of acknowledgement of UConn being a good team. Apparently, Sanogo is an unskilled, dirty player that just makes layups because he pushes ever out of the way. Our whole team was fouling, some flagrantly, the whole game.

FYI, I don’t expect opposing fans to bend the knee. I’m all for teams hating us, especially after a loss. But Butler‘s fan base seemed clueless about how they got owned by UConn’s B game. Hopefully 30 plus in Connecticut.

edit: I looked this morning, and it looks like (on the whole) some of their more reasonable posters came out to post. Could’ve been heat of the moment. It’s why I think a chat is better than message board for hot takes during a game.

The comments you are referencing were posted on an in-game discussion, which on any fan forum tends to be emotionally charged, lacking in objectivity, and also sobriety.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I love good trash talk, it’s an art form .

Unfortunately we have a pretty healthy segment of fans whose idea of art is a chimp throwing technicolor poop at a wall.

Or from a pro wrestling promo analogy I prefer Ric Flair to Ultimate Warrior.
What-Did-Other-Art-Critics-Think-of-Pollocks-Art.png

"Did that guy really just mention people knowing nothing about art and then compare it to pro wrestling?"

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What-Did-Other-Art-Critics-Think-of-Pollocks-Art.png

"Did that guy really just mention people knowing nothing about art and then compare it to pro wrestling?"
If you have never watched the steamboat/ flair trilogy from sprin 89 than you are missing out of an artistic masterpiece

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If you have never watched the steamboat/ flair trilogy from sprin 89 than you are missing out of an artistic masterpiece
I lean libertarian, so If muscle-bound play actors float your boat, it's all good.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It was reckless at best. His own teammate gave him a look of why did you do that. The hard foul was intentional. Even if the face shot wasn't, he should have been a Flagrant 2. That was the entire point of the rule.

It was way worse than a swinging rebound elbow to a 5'10 guy by a 7 footer.

The call is fine as is but could have been more. Butler fans have no argument here.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Speaking of Reddit love, some adventurous soul in /r/Connecticut live blogged his cougar hunting expedition in West Hartford last night and buried within was this gem:
View attachment 82064
HuskyNation in the wild.

No word on whether or not my man got lucky, will update thread as information becomes available.

I can't believe people give a play by play of their evening, as they complain about the social skills of others

Bizarre

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom