From Reddit: Love for the Huskys | The Boneyard

From Reddit: Love for the Huskys

Reaction Score
https://www.reddit.com/user/Grandahl13/
Grandahl13
Kentucky Wildcats
"UConn is the best team in the country and it blows my mind how many people don’t know this. They’re really **** good."

https://www.reddit.com/user/NoVacayAtWork/
NoVacayAtWork
Arizona Wildcats
"Sanogo… wow what fluidity and body control for that frame. NPOY candidate for sure right now"
https://www.reddit.com/user/No-Alarm7224/
No-Alarm7224

"As a UNC fan, I’m jumping on that UCONN bandwagon, what’s not to love?"
https://www.reddit.com/user/BoilerUpIUSucks/
BoilerUpIUSucks
Purdue Boilermakers

"I don't see it happening, since the AP rarely hops teams, but UConn definitely deserves to be #1 in the country. Purdue has had a tougher SOS, but even when UConn has a "bad" game, they still seem to blow out their opponent. They're in a league of their own."

Now my mind is really blown! So many accolades from fans around the country jumping on our bandwagon.

Reaction Score
Don’t tell the Butler board. I was surprised to see the lack of acknowledgement of UConn being a good team. Apparently, Sanogo is an unskilled, dirty player that just makes layups because he pushes ever out of the way. Our whole team was fouling, some flagrantly, the whole game.

FYI, I don’t expect opposing fans to bend the knee. I’m all for teams hating us, especially after a loss. But Butler‘s fan base seemed clueless about how they got owned by UConn’s B game. Hopefully 30 plus in Connecticut.

edit: I looked this morning, and it looks like (on the whole) some of their more reasonable posters came out to post. Could’ve been heat of the moment. It’s why I think a chat is better than message board for hot takes during a game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don’t tell the Butler board. I was surprised to see the lack of acknowledgement of UConn being a good team. Apparently, Sanogo is an unskilled, dirty player that just makes layups because he pushes ever out of the way. Our whole team was fouling, some flagrantly, the whole game.

FYI, I don’t expect opposing fans to bend the knee. I’m all for teams hating us, especially after a loss. But Butler‘s fan base seemed clueless about how they got owned by UConn’s B game. Hopefully 30 plus in Connecticut.

Oh they’ll all bend the knee by April

Reaction Score

edit: I looked this morning, and it looks like (on the whole) some of their more reasonable posters came out to post. Could’ve been heat of the moment. It’s why I think a chat is better than message board for hot takes during a game.
They had someone on twitter talk about flagrant fouls by him on rebounds and the videos they include was just the basketball play of rebounding.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

They may still have a bad taste in their mouth since we beat them for the NC. That was another game where we held them to under 50 pts (almost under 40!).

UConn Defeats Butler, 53-41, for 3rd National Title | Fox News

WebButler's 41 points were 10 points fewer than the worst showing in the shot-clock era in a championship game. (Michigan scored 51 in a loss to Duke in 1992), and the 18.8 percent shooting broke a ...

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Speaking of Reddit love, some adventurous soul in /r/Connecticut live blogged his cougar hunting expedition in West Hartford last night and buried within was this gem:
1671383124491.png

HuskyNation in the wild.

No word on whether or not my man got lucky, will update thread as information becomes available.

Reaction Score

g15ve7T.png

u3pHVLI.png

Don't read the rest of BEastBall's posts after this because they do make UConn fans look bad.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I love good trash talk, it’s an art form .

Unfortunately we have a pretty healthy segment of fans whose idea of art is a chimp throwing technicolor poop at a wall.

Or from a pro wrestling promo analogy I prefer Ric Flair to Ultimate Warrior.

We have a bunch of little warriors running around twitter and Reddit

Reaction Score
I love good trash talk, it’s an art form .

Unfortunately we have a pretty healthy segment of fans whose idea of art is a chimp throwing technicolor poop at a wall.

Or from a pro wrestling promo analogy I prefer Ric Flair to Ultimate Warrior.

We have a bunch of little warriors running around twitter and Reddit
It's been a long time since most of our fans have had a good team. There's a whole generation that's essentially a wasteland.

Reaction Score
They may still have a bad taste in their mouth since we beat them for the NC. That was another game where we held them to under 50 pts (almost under 40!).

UConn Defeats Butler, 53-41, for 3rd National Title | Fox News

WebButler's 41 points were 10 points fewer than the worst showing in the shot-clock era in a championship game. (Michigan scored 51 in a loss to Duke in 1992), and the 18.8 percent shooting broke a ...
I’ll never forget an old high school classmate who went to Butler post, after attending the Duke NC game with the ringer off the rim at the buzzer, “I just witnessed the greatest basketball game ever played” and I cringed.

The fan base really has never been there before. Then add in the fact that we beat them pretty handily in an awful NC game…

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I was at Salute the other night and a table next to me cheered their first round of drinks to UConn. Casuals who know that I am a nutcase have been telling me, "holy $#!^...UConn!" Kinda reminds me of the Dream Season the way the whole state is taking notice. This is so fun. Almost makes the end of the Ollie era worth it.

Reaction Score
I’ll never forget an old high school classmate who went to Butler post, after attending the Duke NC game with the ringer off the rim at the buzzer, “I just witnessed the greatest basketball game ever played” and I cringed.

The fan base really has never been there before. Then add in the fact that we beat them pretty handily in an awful NC game…
I always say UConn gets unfairly blamed for that game.

Our best players all got 2 fouls in the 1st half. We had 4 starters on the bench for the last 6 minutes.

In the second half, we shot 50% until the last minute heave in the final seconds.

We didn't shoot that badly. Our bench shot badly in the 1st half. And the fouls were m'eh

Reaction Score
They complaining about the flagrant? Please. Even if not premeditated it was a flagrant.
I honestly could see why they would question it. His teammate stripped the ball low, his hands were coming in to make a play on a ball that was no longer there so it looks worse and more intentional than it was. I was actually surprised they called a flagrant after watching it back.

Reaction Score
I honestly could see why they would question it. His teammate stripped the ball low, his hands were coming in to make a play on a ball that was no longer there so it looks worse and more intentional than it was. I was actually surprised they called a flagrant after watching it back.
Stop. It was a hard slap in the face, the guy was flailing his arm and hand down. When you do that it’s on the defender to make sure a face is not in the hand’s path. It’s the face not an arm he hit.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

It wasn’t intentional, but it doesn’t have to be. Head shots, unintentional or not are a flagrant these days. We will get flagrants this year at some point under same circumstances ( unintentional elbow to head, or whatever)

Reaction Score
It wasn’t intentional, but it doesn’t have to be. Head shots, unintentional or not are a flagrant these days. We will get flagrants this year at some point under same circumstances ( unintentional elbow to head, or whatever)
I 100% agree, my point was as a fan of the team it was called on I could see being dissatisfied with it. I don’t dispute per rule it was a flagrant, but it wasn’t egregious, and everyone saying the play was over are just wrong, there was a clean swipe by the other defender and then the contact. The people being closed minded, and disliking my comment are being just as much homers as the Butler fans they are calling out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom