Friendship Hockey Tournament Belfast (11/23 & 11/24) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Friendship Hockey Tournament Belfast (11/23 & 11/24)

Reaction Score
Yale 5-3 w/ PP goal - followed by another w/ 4:30 left in game.

Reaction Score
Playing @ UMass isn’t going to be easy either. Hopefully they get a win vs BC. We need a huge crowd to rally these guys. These 12 freshman haven’t seen a decent home crowd yet.

$15 tickets until the 30th for the BC game

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The same thing every game.

Reaction Score
I think it’s important to put things in perspective a little bit.
We lost our top offensive talents in Letunov and Naas and several veteran defenseman. We brought in a ton of talented young players who have never played at this level before.
We were picked by experts to finish something like 8-11 in the Hockey East if memory serves correctly.
If we miss the playoffs but see continued improvement from some of these young guys through March then the next few years could be exciting.
Patience is a virtue.

Reaction Score
I think it’s important to put things in perspective a little bit.
We lost our top offensive talents in Letunov and Naas and several veteran defenseman. We brought in a ton of talented young players who have never played at this level before.
We were picked by experts to finish something like 8-11 in the Hockey East if memory serves correctly.
If we miss the playoffs but see continued improvement from some of these young guys through March then the next few years could be exciting.
Patience is a virtue.

I've been intending to post something like this. I'll be content to ride the coat tails of @The Viking on this one, as it pretty much matches my thinking. In most cases, A team loaded with young freshmen talent needs time to develop. Sometimes it will happen later in the season, or in a future season. From my memory the highest Hockey East ranking UConn got in the preseason was 8th, but I admit I could be off a little on that one.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
My biggest worry is that we see the same issues game in and game out. Is it an inability of Cav to teach or the inability of freshman to learn?

Reaction Score
Playing @ UMass isn’t going to be easy either. Hopefully they get a win vs BC. We need a huge crowd to rally these guys. These 12 freshman haven’t seen a decent home crowd yet.

$15 tickets until the 30th for the BC game

Huge crowd? Not sure you can expect the 3rd best college hockey team in CT to continue to draw huge crowds. Those are earned by inspired play, good seasons, and wins. Do we play Sacred Heart this year? I may have spoken too soon on the 3rd best part.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Huge crowd? Not sure you can expect the 3rd best college hockey team in CT to continue to draw huge crowds. Those are earned by inspired play, good seasons, and wins. Do we play Sacred Heart this year? I may have spoken too soon on the 3rd best part.
Well, luckily, there are a lot of BC alums in the area. That should help numbers wise.

Reaction Score
Patience is a virtue, but it should not be justification for standing pat 6 years in. Real simple - Cavanaugh has been a good recruiter, but a marginal coach. His teams have really never over-achieved. That is the benchmark of a great coach. The bloom is off the rose. Hey, Quennevlle likes Connecticut. (His wife is from Simsbury.) Total pipe dream - but Joel at the college level would be awesome.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Patience is a virtue, but it should not be justification for standing pat 6 years in. Real simple - Cavanaugh has been a good recruiter, but a marginal coach. His teams have really never over-achieved. That is the benchmark of a great coach. The bloom is off the rose. Hey, Quennevlle likes Connecticut. (His wife is from Simsbury.) Total pipe dream - but Joel at the college level would be awesome.
Wow....it sure would be. And then he could take over when the Whalers come back.

Reaction Score
Quenneville is not coming here.
Secondly, we only have 3 seniors on the entire team. This is a transition year. If we better play in the second half, that will be a big positive going into the next 1-2 years.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Quenneville is not coming here.
Secondly, we only have 3 seniors on the entire team. This is a transition year. If we better play in the second half, that will be a big positive going into the next 1-2 years.
No kidding? How about the Whalers coming back...? Lol, need a sarcasm font.

Reaction Score
The Whalers ARE coming back once i hit the power ball or Mega Millions. And Quenneville will be my head coach. That's why he's not coming to UConn.

I should have been more specific.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The Whalers ARE coming back once i hit the power ball or Mega Millions. And Quenneville will be my head coach. That's why he's not coming to UConn.

I should have been more specific.
Good comeback!

Reaction Score
Didn't we consider Rick Bennett as head coach? That man has worked wonders at Union.

Reaction Score
Didn't we consider Rick Bennett as head coach? That man has worked wonders at Union.
Check Bennett's record without Nate Leamans players, it's much less stellar than it appears. One NCAA tournament appearance and one split conference reg season title. He does a solid job but since Leaman's core left that Rick won in 14 with, Union has been very average.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom