Friday Night : South Carolina vs UNC at 7:00 ESPN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Friday Night : South Carolina vs UNC at 7:00 ESPN

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
DD may not like Henderson, but as a UConn fan, I'll say I really like Boston. She has a great game and every interview she does, I like her a little more. She just seems like a really warm person with a good soul.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
DD may not like Henderson, but as a UConn fan, I'll say I really like Boston. She has a great game and every interview she does, I like her a little more. She just seems like a really warm person with a good soul.
She's the same in person, too.

Reaction Score
You don't like Henderson who plays and barely says a word while doing it. However, you probably love Buecker who is always kind of extra on the court. Got it.
I don't get his take at all. Henderson is one of the most laid back players in WBB. If anything her being too laid back have been a source of criticism from both Dawn and the fans.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
During the second game, I saw people crowding around, taking selifes with a short lightskinned woman with a baseball cap. I wondered what all the fuss was about. Then realized it was Dawn Staley who came in to scout their next opponent. She spent the whole halftime taking selfies, fans were lined up... not just South Carolina fans, but NC fans as well.. young, old, black, and white. Staley comes off as gruff (most of the time) but the fans love her.... instead of brushing them off..... she graciously welcomed all requests.

Reaction Score
During the second game, I saw people crowding around, taking selifes with a short lightskinned woman with a baseball cap. I wondered what all the fuss was about. Then realized it was Dawn Staley who came in to scout their next opponent. She spent the whole halftime taking selfies, fans were lined up... not just South Carolina fans, but NC fans as well.. young, old, black, and white. Staley comes off as gruff (most of the time) but the fans love her.... instead of brushing them off..... she graciously welcomed all requests.
I saw a Couple of NC fans doing that with Aliyah too.

Reaction Score
Yeah that's what she does. I believe it was the first time we hosted the first two rounds in Columbia in 2015, after our game and during the 8/9 game Dawn came to scout but took time to take pictures with all types of fans. I remember her spending basically the whole first half (before we had quarters) just constantly taking pictures. It was a longer line to take pictures with her than the concessions stands.

That has stuck with me, that despite her career and her celebrity she doesn't take for granted what these moments means to people and has shared it with her team. Even as shy as I am, I was able to get pictures with both Dawn and A'ja during our first final four in Tampa and they were so kind and encouraging when asked.

Reaction Score
And Victaria Saxton matched her career high of 13 rebounds by the 3rd quarter - she finished with 14 which is her new career high.....
Saxton played like soneone exercising last years final four game. Huge effort.
I don't get his take at all. Henderson is one of the most laid back players in WBB. If anything her being too laid back have been a source of criticism from both Dawn and the fans.

Maybe the arrow thing? I agree Henderson is pretty quiet and understated otherwise.

Reaction Score
You don't like Henderson who plays and barely says a word while doing it. However, you probably love Buecker who is always kind of extra on the court. Got it.
You don't know WHO I like, now you at least know who I DON'T.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I have a photo of Dawn and I on my credenza at work. She spends more time with our fans than all our other coaches put together.

Reaction Score
Can I say how much I don't like Henderson here? Yep, I can...and yep, I did. She's so full of herself. Refs making it easy for the SC win.
Do you realize you're publicly stating your dislike for a college kid (young adult)? I mean, not because you can, means that you should. But to boldly say, "Yep, I did", proves your boastfulness. Remember that this is a basketball game, and while we're passionate about our favorite teams, let us be reminded to treat others respectfully.

Note: I always root for UCONN, but I'll advocate for everyone!

Reaction Score
What in the world did Destanni do for that reaction? Full of herself? Do you also dislike Paige? Caitlin Clark? Cameron Brink? Those are a few players that are full of themselves. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing, but they are a lot more demonstrative and cocky acting than Destanni. She’s probably the quietest player we have.
I'm still SMH over DrummerDee's statement. Why? Why? Why?

Reaction Score
Up 30 in the 4Q and Boston is checking back in. I wonder what the reason would be to send her back in. Hmmmm….

Unrelated: she has 7 rebounds and her double double streak is in doubt.

Reaction Score
Glad she only let her play 2 minutes. Don’t risk an injury. Keep her healthy for the final 4.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom