Friday March 17 games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Friday March 17 games

Reaction Score
Wow. Purdue gone. Big bracket buster on men's . One of the best game so far today. Jackrabbit vs usc.

Reaction Score
The much maligned SEC is 5 and 0 after day one. If Tennessee and Alabama win
tomorrow that would be a clean sweep - the best mark since the Big East went 9 and 0
about 10 years ago.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
NC State didn't score for the last 5:41. That's amazing.

Reaction Score
The one game which shows how not taking care of the ball is the Princeton NC State game. Primceton had 68 shots to 51 for NC State I looked at the rebounds next and saw Princeton was out rebounded by 4 and then I found the culprit. Turnovers which we all know has been one of our weaknesses all year. Hopefully with Azzi and Caroline back we won't have to force passes to places we should't have too. We can spread the floor and open up lanes for passing inside because as Paige says who would leave , Lou or Caroline all alone on the perimeter. Cant wait got my popcorn and Kombucha waiting. I am sure our defense will set the tone early. Go Huskies!!!!!!!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
IBeruuuuuuuuube!

I just watched the 2nd half of this game with a morning coffee on ESPNU and Carla's doing a post-game interview with Dan Hughes. She's very well spoken: "It's so great to be a Tiger" and just wished Mitch Henderson good luck in the guys game.

Grace Stone, a player I've watched when she was at Long Island Lutheran, hit the winning 3 and she, of course, is well-spoken. She and Chen both had 22. Next up: Utah Utes. Enjoy the day, Coach Berube and Tigers!:D:cool:

Reaction Score
South Dakota State scored more in the OT than either they or USC scored in any of the 4 regulation-time periods!
I love watching South Dakota State play, same with any of the low key programs. South Dakota State just showing you that, having 5-Star & 4-Star players are great, if you can get them but all you need is a decent skill development program, hardworking players, an athletic department & fan base that has patience, and a coach that is not afraid to try different things to develop a program. Props to Coach Aaron Johnston for doing such a great job at South Dakota State.

Reaction Score
I love watching South Dakota State play, same with any of the low key programs. South Dakota State just showing you that, having 5-Star & 4-Star players are great, if you can get them but all you need is a decent skill development program, hardworking players, an athletic department & fan base that has patience, and a coach that is not afraid to try different things to develop a program. Props to Coach Aaron Johnston for doing such a great job at South Dakota State.
Yea...SDSU was hustling. Having said that...the USC offense was anemic. They have Juju Watkins coming next year and Marshall is a stud, but they will need more help next year.

Reaction Score
Princeton's defense is a joy to watch; how big games are won. Berube has obviously gotten her players to buy in. Just a continuation of why she was so successful at Tufts.They continually picked NC St.'s pockets . Relentless! And the simple way they set up the shooter for the final shot was something UConn should use to give Lou some room. Berube my favorite UConn player, becoming my favorite coach.Little doubt in my mind who UConn should bring in down the road. She may be picked by someone else before UConn's ready,though.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Princeton's defense is a joy to watch; how big games are won. Berube has obviously gotten her players to buy in. Just a continuation of why she was so successful at Tufts.They continually picked NC St.'s pockets . Relentless! And the simple way they set up the shooter for the final shot was something UConn should use to give Lou some room. Berube my favorite UConn player, becoming my favorite coach.Little doubt in my mind who UConn should bring in down the road. She may be picked by someone else before UConn's ready,though.

Carla said: “I’m a product of my environment. As a coach, I’ve taken thing from a lot of people, from teammates like Jen, Jamelle and Rebecca as well as Coach Dailey and Coach Auriemma. People who knew me at UConn probably wouldn’t recognize me when I coach,” she laughs. “I’m intense, demanding, sometimes sarcastic and a lot more vocal than the UConn fans might remember. We play a little like UConn; we like to run and play defense.”

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I was able to watch the 2nd half of Princeton's game. So impressed with the job Carla and her team did last night. What they lack in athleticism they up for with smart, fundamental basketball.

I was disappointed to hear see that Marquette lost a very winnable game. Duffy has certainly done a nice job at Marquette but her resume needs an NCAA tournament win. I thought this was the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom